Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 3.16 Average
Grind Bot Not working
after theis moning update to FFXIVminion the Grind Bot does not work working
lol it will not move my char it will not lock on to Terget and it will not fight

nvm fixed it

it had to do with the markers once it was removed it works agen
Actually it doesn't work for me anymore either. I've turned off the "Fate only" option, but it won't attack any mobs that aren't part of any Fate. When I start bot, it will go to the grind marker and just stand there. When I'm done with a fate, it goes back standing there most of the time. Sometimes the bot won't even target mobs aggro-ing me.

Edit: I didn't see last post's edit, i'll try to run without marker
This also happened to me, my bot only atks when fates only is checked. Before it was having a hard time atking not moving nothing. And now unless that is checked it won't do mobs. Ill have to check this out again maybe it fixed it self. In any case right after the update (caused my game to crash) I rebooted to find out the bot was not working and I was using same settings. After rebooting a dozen times it finally decided to work when I had clicked on fates only. In any case ill test this again.
Problems here as well, doesnt attack mobs when in grind mode will run right to the markers ignoring everything on the way.. if it aggros something it will fight but then goes back to doing nothing.

This is with or without markers on map (if doing fate only it just stands in town)

The mounting is not working either, it will mount then continue to spam something - eventually stop - and do nothing.

Can you guys put up a dl for the older version, or rollback this most recent update, did more harm than good ; ;
Do you have your level ranges set correctly?
There was a bug with the bot not dismounting from the chocobo when grinding, that has been fixed. As far as the bot not attacking when unmounted. that is a marker problem. If you use the grind markers, you need to make sure that:

a) Your bots job level is within the level range of your marker (min level <= my job level => max level)
a) The mobs around the marker are within the level range of your marker (min level <= mob level => max level)

If those two conditions are true, then your bot will kill mobs around the marker properly. I've tested this extensively and everything is working correctly.

On another note, this

(10-29-2013, 06:22 AM)oreidenewyork Wrote:  Can you guys put up a dl for the older version, or rollback this most recent update, did more harm than good ; ;

is extremely obnoxious and quite honestly offensive to me after we spend weeks preparing a big update that provides functionality that 99% of people are using and appreciating. If you're experiencing a bug then by all means provide us feedback and we'll attempt to fix it, but this is a free open beta so the idea that we're going to "roll back" an update because you can't figure out how to use new system properly is absurd.
Sorry if you took offense to it, the markers were set as intended, I've been loving the bot since I began using it which is why this last update made me sadface :P

I deleted my markers/remade nav and it began working with the exception of using return on death - still seems to work intermittently
(10-29-2013, 06:22 AM)oreidenewyork Wrote:  The mounting is not working either, it will mount then continue to spam something - eventually stop - and do nothing.

see if you have "use Sprint" also checked. These don't go together as of yet.
(10-29-2013, 02:52 PM)oreidenewyork Wrote:  Sorry if you took offense to it, the markers were set as intended, I've been loving the bot since I began using it which is why this last update made me sadface :P

I deleted my markers/remade nav and it began working with the exception of using return on death - still seems to work intermittently

Thanks for updating us on your progress and no worries about the previous posts, we're all a bit burnt out at the moment as we get closer to finishing beta and all the extra work that having paying customers means :)

In the future, anytime you encounter situations where markers/meshes that were working before no longer work, the first thing to try is rebuilding the mesh and adding new markers...we try to make everything backwards compatible but sometimes that's not possible. Generally if an update will require users to redo something we will try to annotate it on the front page and explain how the new system works. If at any point you don't understand how a new system works or its not working as you believe it should then by all means create a bug report/support post or try to get ahold of us in irc.

Thanks for your continued testing and feedback (and for not holding a grudge when we get a little pissy).