Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average
New Update Info
(10-28-2013, 08:47 PM)f3re Wrote:  
(10-28-2013, 08:10 PM)Hairyogre Wrote:  On the Gathering Skill Editor GP < and GP > conditions, only a "0" (default) condition seems to work. Any condition actually entered keeps the buff from being applied. The "Player has NOT" condition works as expected to block already applied buffs.

I might be missing it, but I don't see a good way to force the bot to only cast a buff when first opening a node. Gather Attempts = 0 seems like it would do that, but more likely it just turns the condition off. In any case, I have had the buffs cast in the middle of the harvest (or even on the last harvest) because that's when my GP reached the needed level...not optimal.

Hmm, I know for a fact that gp > xx was working because I tested it before release. Are you sure its both '<' and '>'? We are able to check the max gather attempts for a node, so we could make gatherattempts = 0 (default) fire only only when gatherattempts == gatherattemptsmax

I mostly played with GP > as that is the one I needed at the time, but any value in either seemed to prevent the skill from firing. I treated it as both raw values (ie, GP > "250") and percent (ie, GP > "45"). Even GP > 1 stopped the skill from firing though.

I don't think I explained myself right on the gather attempts. Most skills you want cast after opening the node but before the first gather to ensure the buff is effective for all harvests within the node. Once that first gather has occurred, I'd rather wait until the next node to cast the spell. Currently, though, if the GP count becomes high enough to cast the spell it casts...even if it's in the middle of or at the end of the harvests in a node.

That said, can you expose gatherattemptsmax on the UI? As in if gatherattemptsmax > 4 (or whatever), then I'd like to cast a buff before the first attempt in order to take max advantage of an effect. Much more complicated than that, I'd also like to be able to (temporarily) change my harvest target in that situation. For example, when my stats cause an additional gather attempt proc, I'd like to cast one of the crystal gathering spells then gather that crystal type for the remainder of the node. I'm in a situation now where I need to gather silver, but I'd sure like to get some fire shards when I can optimally do so (15 in a node is much more efficient than 4 and is worth the 400 GPs).

Thanks!
I am experiencing the same problem as Hairyogre.
(10-28-2013, 09:49 PM)Hairyogre Wrote:  
(10-28-2013, 08:47 PM)f3re Wrote:  
(10-28-2013, 08:10 PM)Hairyogre Wrote:  On the Gathering Skill Editor GP < and GP > conditions, only a "0" (default) condition seems to work. Any condition actually entered keeps the buff from being applied. The "Player has NOT" condition works as expected to block already applied buffs.

I might be missing it, but I don't see a good way to force the bot to only cast a buff when first opening a node. Gather Attempts = 0 seems like it would do that, but more likely it just turns the condition off. In any case, I have had the buffs cast in the middle of the harvest (or even on the last harvest) because that's when my GP reached the needed level...not optimal.

Hmm, I know for a fact that gp > xx was working because I tested it before release. Are you sure its both '<' and '>'? We are able to check the max gather attempts for a node, so we could make gatherattempts = 0 (default) fire only only when gatherattempts == gatherattemptsmax

I mostly played with GP > as that is the one I needed at the time, but any value in either seemed to prevent the skill from firing. I treated it as both raw values (ie, GP > "250") and percent (ie, GP > "45"). Even GP > 1 stopped the skill from firing though.

I don't think I explained myself right on the gather attempts. Most skills you want cast after opening the node but before the first gather to ensure the buff is effective for all harvests within the node. Once that first gather has occurred, I'd rather wait until the next node to cast the spell. Currently, though, if the GP count becomes high enough to cast the spell it casts...even if it's in the middle of or at the end of the harvests in a node.

That said, can you expose gatherattemptsmax on the UI? As in if gatherattemptsmax > 4 (or whatever), then I'd like to cast a buff before the first attempt in order to take max advantage of an effect. Much more complicated than that, I'd also like to be able to (temporarily) change my harvest target in that situation. For example, when my stats cause an additional gather attempt proc, I'd like to cast one of the crystal gathering spells then gather that crystal type for the remainder of the node. I'm in a situation now where I need to gather silver, but I'd sure like to get some fire shards when I can optimally do so (15 in a node is much more efficient than 4 and is worth the 400 GPs).

Thanks!

Gather Attempts had a bug that was causing it to not work properly. Now that gather attempts is fixed, I don't understand how it doesn't give you all the functionality you want. For any spell you want to cast only if you have an extra gather attempt, set GatherAttempts = 5...for all other skills set GatherAttempts = 4. Aside from changing your gather target, does that not give you the flexibility you want?

As for changing your target, I don't see how we could implement that in a clean fashion. It would require significant modification to the gathering task, gathering manager, and skillmanager. I think you would probably need to write some custom lua to handle that situation. That being said, it wouldn't be difficult for you to write it yourself (only for us to write it in a general fashion so that everyone can use it) and that's why we make all the behavior code open source and provide the lua wiki. You can literally add any custom behavior you want if you're willing to spend some time digging through the lua.

(10-28-2013, 09:21 PM)Shaolin2 Wrote:  when I use the Chocobo while I Gather.
He was spamming something when i mount and when i dismount.
Here perhaps should be a little bit of waiting

It's a little bit more complicated than that, but we'll get rid of it.
(10-29-2013, 12:49 AM)f3re Wrote:  For any spell you want to cast only if you have an extra gather attempt, set GatherAttempts = 5...for all other skills set GatherAttempts = 4. Aside from changing your gather target, does that not give you the flexibility you want?
I seem to have misunderstood GatherAttempts...I thought it was the number of gathers attempted so far causing the buff to trigger after x gathers. You seem to be saying it's the number of gathers allowed by the node (including procs). In that case maybe I should look closer before asking for something you've already given us!Embarrassing On writing my own custom stuff...I intend to, but it's better to start with "Hello World" before jumping in head first.

Thanks!
(10-29-2013, 01:50 AM)Hairyogre Wrote:  
(10-29-2013, 12:49 AM)f3re Wrote:  For any spell you want to cast only if you have an extra gather attempt, set GatherAttempts = 5...for all other skills set GatherAttempts = 4. Aside from changing your gather target, does that not give you the flexibility you want?
I seem to have misunderstood GatherAttempts...I thought it was the number of gathers attempted so far causing the buff to trigger after x gathers. You seem to be saying it's the number of gathers allowed by the node (including procs). In that case maybe I should look closer before asking for something you've already given us!Embarrassing On writing my own custom stuff...I intend to, but it's better to start with "Hello World" before jumping in head first.

Thanks!

Yes, just in case that was unclear, gather attempts is the remaining gather attempts. I chose to omit he word "left" or "remaining" but I think we will add back in since in retrospect it does seem misleading.
I updated bot but am not seeing any of the new gathering stuff. I am farming fire shards but it is not using the fire Shard skill for additional crystals. Where are all these new features at?
Thank you for you hard work, Just woke up today will test it out and report my findings Smile
Sometimes when adding gathering skill (i think any skill will do that) to skillmanager it input a random skill with chinese text and a 10 numbers long skill ID. When i click refresh in skill book and add the skill again it sometimes put a diff skill into skillmanager. It looks like it's going through my skill list this way including that weird chinese-skills.
@R3P0 You must remove SFHelper first.
Reporting bugs, doesn't always happen but sometimes.

FATE 1 Appeared ->
Bot summon chocobo ->
Bot goes to FATE 1 ->
Bot unsummon chocobo ->
Bot kill Mobs on FATE 1 ->
FATE 1 Ended, FATE 2 Appeared ->
Bot summon chocobo, but the bot didn't wait the cast instead he keep walking to FATE 2 ->
Mount summoning interrupted ->
Bot summon chocobo, but the bot didn't wait the cast instead he keep walking to FATE 2 ->
Mount summoning interrupted ->

Rinse, repeat at bold. It doesnt always occur so Idk what's wrong, my Mount distance is set at 75