Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average
New Update Info
(10-29-2013, 08:14 AM)richardwood Wrote:  Reporting bugs, doesn't always happen but sometimes.

FATE 1 Appeared ->
Bot summon chocobo ->
Bot goes to FATE 1 ->
Bot unsummon chocobo ->
Bot kill Mobs on FATE 1 ->
FATE 1 Ended, FATE 2 Appeared ->
Bot summon chocobo, but the bot didn't wait the cast instead he keep walking to FATE 2 ->
Mount summoning interrupted ->
Bot summon chocobo, but the bot didn't wait the cast instead he keep walking to FATE 2 ->

Rinse, repeat at bold. It doesnt always occur so Idk what's wrong, my Mount distance is set at 75

There was a small bug where the bot wasn't stopping if it was already moving to a fate to summon the chocobo. We pushed out an update that should fix it...please continue your testing and let us know if the problem still exists.
Gathering is now completely messed up. I am setup as a Miner Have my navmesh have it set for water shards at 7 on min/max. The bot runs for a few seconds toward the node and just stops and does nothing. I removed every LUA that had to do with gathering and installed the new version its just a no go.
(10-29-2013, 01:14 PM)R3P0 Wrote:  Gathering is now completely messed up. I am setup as a Miner Have my navmesh have it set for water shards at 7 on min/max. The bot runs for a few seconds toward the node and just stops and does nothing. I removed every LUA that had to do with gathering and installed the new version its just a no go.

Please read the marker setup information in the main post. It's working fine for everyone else, so I don't think it's "completely messed up".
(10-29-2013, 08:14 AM)richardwood Wrote:  Reporting bugs, doesn't always happen but sometimes.

FATE 1 Appeared ->
Bot summon chocobo ->
Bot goes to FATE 1 ->
Bot unsummon chocobo ->
Bot kill Mobs on FATE 1 ->
FATE 1 Ended, FATE 2 Appeared ->

Rinse, repeat at bold. It doesnt always occur so Idk what's wrong, my Mount distance is set at 75

Functions like this for me as an Elezen both on the Coerthas map as a bard and on the Central Shroud map as a lancer. The only time this doesn't happen is if there are no valid targets recognized by the bot, either fate or grind mobs, and then it will mount and wait where it last stopped for something else to pop.
(10-29-2013, 01:16 PM)f3re Wrote:  
(10-29-2013, 01:14 PM)R3P0 Wrote:  Gathering is now completely messed up. I am setup as a Miner Have my navmesh have it set for water shards at 7 on min/max. The bot runs for a few seconds toward the node and just stops and does nothing. I removed every LUA that had to do with gathering and installed the new version its just a no go.

Please read the marker setup information in the main post. It's working fine for everyone else, so I don't think it's "completely messed up".

I have read the main post it is completely messed up, why would you change something that worked perfectly into this. If I want Water shards sitting at marker 6, I used to choose marker 6. What is this Min/Max level crap im a 46 miner I want shards in a safe area. You are making something more complicated for no apparent reason. I set for 6 for Water Shards, now the bot moves for a second then stop it does not run the nav path it does not do anything it just sits there. How hard would it have been to just take the old Shard Finder LUA and add it in as an add on to what was there previously?

Hate to break it to you and not trying to be a dick here but if the bot is fine then the instructions need to be rewritten.

Quote:The marker level system has changed significantly. There is now a min level and max level for each marker; the bot will only go to a marker if your current job level is within the min-max range.

The range also controls what the bot will do while that marker is active; for gathering, the bot will only gather nodes that fall within that level range, and for grinidng the bot will only target mobs that fall within the level range. This system should be easier to understand than the previous system, but some mesh markers might have to be updated to work properly with it.

That to me means nothing except if I'm 46 I cant gather in a level 1 area. You have to understand this from a customer point of view. I Have seen several people comment on these recent changes being to complicated, If your customers cannot figure this out then something is wrong. I saw a post where you commented that you were offended because someone asked for the old download back because it worked easier. That is your customer base trying to convey to you these recent changes are very complicated and possibly not working as intended.

We are obviously not programmers or we would not be coming to you for this service.
(10-29-2013, 01:45 PM)R3P0 Wrote:  That to me means nothing except if I'm 46 I cant gather in a level 1 area. You have to understand this from a customer point of view. I Have seen several people comment on these recent changes being to complicated, If your customers cannot figure this out then something is wrong. I saw a post where you commented that you were offended because someone asked for the old download back because it worked easier. That is your customer base trying to convey to you these recent changes are very complicated and possibly not working as intended.

Read it again
(10-29-2013, 01:45 PM)R3P0 Wrote:  That to me means nothing except if I'm 46 I cant gather in a level 1 area.

To me (I don't gather or grind) it sounds like you have to set that marker to 1-46.
(10-29-2013, 02:03 PM)TauTau Wrote:  
(10-29-2013, 01:45 PM)R3P0 Wrote:  That to me means nothing except if I'm 46 I cant gather in a level 1 area.

To me (I don't gather or grind) it sounds like you have to set that marker to 1-46.

Precisely
How hard would it be to just set your markers min/max level to 0/50 ? Since we don't write the bot for you alone, we take the freedom to add features to it. The levels are needed for the markers to work properly for an unattended gathering leveling.
You are also free to write your own lua code, its open source for a reason.

(10-29-2013, 01:45 PM)R3P0 Wrote:  
(10-29-2013, 01:16 PM)f3re Wrote:  

I have read the main post it is completely messed up, why would you change something that worked perfectly into this. If I want Water shards sitting at marker 6, I used to choose marker 6. What is this Min/Max level crap im a 46 miner I want shards in a safe area. You are making something more complicated for no apparent reason. I set for 6 for Water Shards, now the bot moves for a second then stop it does not run the nav path it does not do anything it just sits there. How hard would it have been to just take the old Shard Finder LUA and add it in as an add on to what was there previously?

Hate to break it to you and not trying to be a dick here but if the bot is fine then the instructions need to be rewritten.

Quote:The marker level system has changed significantly. There is now a min level and max level for each marker; the bot will only go to a marker if your current job level is within the min-max range.

The range also controls what the bot will do while that marker is active; for gathering, the bot will only gather nodes that fall within that level range, and for grinidng the bot will only target mobs that fall within the level range. This system should be easier to understand than the previous system, but some mesh markers might have to be updated to work properly with it.

That to me means nothing except if I'm 46 I cant gather in a level 1 area. You have to understand this from a customer point of view. I Have seen several people comment on these recent changes being to complicated, If your customers cannot figure this out then something is wrong. I saw a post where you commented that you were offended because someone asked for the old download back because it worked easier. That is your customer base trying to convey to you these recent changes are very complicated and possibly not working as intended.

We are obviously not programmers or we would not be coming to you for this service.
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Things look a bit de-railed...so before you guys start to feel un-appreciated:

I want to thanks f3re, HansW, the mod devs, and anyone else involved in this excellent program for which I have not paid a cent. It has greatly increased my enjoyment of FFXIV and I am privileged to be a beta tester. I can't wait to actually pay you guys for all your hard work...at which point I will consider myself a customer, but until then I recognize that you are gifting me with the chance to use this product that already far out-strips its paid competitors. I also recognize that things will change, at times hourly, and I am happy to embrace that change because it means you are working hard to improve this already great product...again for which I have not paid a cent.

THANKS AGAIN!