Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average
New Update Info
(10-29-2013, 02:39 PM)Hairyogre Wrote:  Things look a bit de-railed...so before you guys start to feel un-appreciated:

I want to thanks f3re, HansW, the mod devs, and anyone else involved in this excellent program for which I have not paid a cent. It has greatly increased my enjoyment of FFXIV and I am privileged to be a beta tester. I can't wait to actually pay you guys for all your hard work...at which point I will consider myself a customer, but until then I recognize that you are gifting me with the chance to use this product that already far out-strips its paid competitors. I also recognize that things will change, at times hourly, and I am happy to embrace that change because it means you are working hard to improve this already great product...again for which I have not paid a cent.

THANKS AGAIN!

/signed
Beta testing is a mutually beneficial relationship. We're providing testers with functionality for free, and our testers are providing us with extremely valuable feedback that will help us produce a more successful product, and we understand and appreciate that. The problem arises when a small minority of testers don't understand that part of the beta testing "contract" is that functionality will change at any moment and you will be required to check in, read the updated information, and modify your settings accordingly. Once the product is live and we have paying customers we try our hardest not to make any changes which are not completely backwards compatible because we understand at that point that our customers are paying for smooth automation and having to change settings constantly defeats the purpose. In order for that to happen, we have to make drastic changes in the beta process as we get more feedback from users. Remember that you're not the only user whose feedback we have to listen to...if you're a minority (and this is very difficult for you to understand since you don't see the volume of feedback we do) then you will most likely have to deal with learning a new system and modifying your settings accordingly. I wish we had the time to please everyone all the time because it would mean more subscriptions and more happy customers, but unfortunately that's not the case.
SFHelper was way much better than this. this just seems very not user friendly.
"Live slow, Die whenever."
SFHelper was a temporal solution. Skill manager is better in my opinion, when they solve some bugs in skillmgr i can upload my profiles for shard farming.
(10-29-2013, 08:35 PM)KaWeNGoD Wrote:  SFHelper was a temporal solution. Skill manager is better in my opinion, when they solve some bugs in skillmgr i can upload my profiles for shard farming.

Which bugs or missing functionality are still stopping you?
(10-29-2013, 08:21 PM)magicmike Wrote:  SFHelper was way much better than this. this just seems very not user friendly.

2 mins of your time and you can have the same functionality, and never worry about it again. It is amazingly customizable and not just designed for one purpose.
(10-29-2013, 08:38 PM)f3re Wrote:  Which bugs or missing functionality are still stopping you?

Only bugs are the typos you know.

Functionality is ok for me, don't tested to much but without typos fixed profiles don't work as intended.
I'll get those fixes pushed out within the next couple of hours.
I just wanted to say great job on this project. I just started using it, but hands down the best system I have seen so far.

The only real feedback I would have so far is there are so many options that it can be a bit overwhelming to get going. Once you do get going you will love the flexibility.

Great job keep up the work. I know I will be subscribing, totally worth it.
(10-29-2013, 02:39 PM)Hairyogre Wrote:  Things look a bit de-railed...so before you guys start to feel un-appreciated:

I want to thanks f3re, HansW, the mod devs, and anyone else involved in this excellent program for which I have not paid a cent. It has greatly increased my enjoyment of FFXIV and I am privileged to be a beta tester. I can't wait to actually pay you guys for all your hard work...at which point I will consider myself a customer, but until then I recognize that you are gifting me with the chance to use this product that already far out-strips its paid competitors. I also recognize that things will change, at times hourly, and I am happy to embrace that change because it means you are working hard to improve this already great product...again for which I have not paid a cent.

THANKS AGAIN!

Fully Agree Cutesmile
Except i'm an idiot and did pay (what i thought was for the ffxiv key turned out to be a GW2 key lol)
But hey fuck it, Devs need to pay bills ^^ lol)