Thread Rating:
  • 56 Vote(s) - 2.79 Average
FFXIV Minion Requests
Please add feature to detect enemy resisting spell or skill. like for boss(will only work 1-2 times then boss will start to resist) and object(like gate.cant cast DOT). what assist bow will do right now is keep casting same DOT spell over and over til target die.

another request: please add interrupt skill option. for if target is casting or trying to make AOE.

Thank you for awesome last update!
(11-11-2013, 08:28 AM)rockon1122 Wrote:  Please add feature to detect enemy resisting spell or skill. like for boss(will only work 1-2 times then boss will start to resist) and object(like gate.cant cast DOT). what assist bow will do right now is keep casting same DOT spell over and over til target die.

another request: please add interrupt skill option. for if target is casting or trying to make AOE.

Since you are using the assist bot, I would take the DoT out of the skillmanager rotation and just manually do it. For endgame dungeons, I just have the bot set to do my basic rotation and I manually handle everything else (ie; Buffs, Silence, Food, Potions, AoE). Even with my bot running the basic rotation, I can just spam skills and get them inbetween the rotation skills without stopping the bot.

I second the option for interrupt skills.
(11-11-2013, 05:23 PM)OogieBoogie Wrote:  
(11-11-2013, 08:28 AM)rockon1122 Wrote:  Please add feature to detect enemy resisting spell or skill. like for boss(will only work 1-2 times then boss will start to resist) and object(like gate.cant cast DOT). what assist bow will do right now is keep casting same DOT spell over and over til target die.

Since you are using the assist bot, I would take the DoT out of the skillmanager rotation and just manually do it. For endgame dungeons, I just have the bot set to do my basic rotation and I manually handle everything else (ie; Buffs, Silence, Food, Potions, AoE). Even with my bot running the basic rotation, I can just spam skills and get them inbetween the rotation skills without stopping the bot.

The assist bot will continue to be expanded/polished. In the longer term, you won't have to slam the keyboard to get non skillmanager spells in, we'll most likely add a keybind or something you can press to have the bot pause rotation while you cast another skill.

As far as the interrupt skills, you'll have to explain a bit about how the boss "resists" spells. Is this manifested in some kind of message that is displayed on screen? How do you know that a spell is being "resisted"? If there's a clear message from the client that this event is occurring then we can probably find it and add it as a conditional, but anything that requires digging around in the client takes a bit longer than a simple lua fix, so it might not happen overnight. None of us have time to play endgame stuff at the moment so we haven't experienced some of these issues yet :)
A Button to Copy(Clipboard) the last 10 Entry's of the console.

Thank you :)
a boss will only resist stuns. Currently there is a diminishing return on stuns. So say you have a 6 second then 3 then 1, at this point if you stun again it will do nothing but the damage. For a specific set of time im not sure exactly how long till DR resets. But there is no DR on silence. Othere then stun and i think slow there is no DR on anything else. you can cast a dot on a mob as many times as you want and unless you dont have enough accuraccy to hit the mob the dot will always last its full duration.
My experience with well designed rotation bots is that they generally force you to cast CC, or they can sometimes cast CC based on interrupting certain spells. Is it really beneficial for the bot to spam CC for you or would it be better for us to simply add a "pause skillmanager" keybind so that you can do your own CC etc?
(11-11-2013, 06:19 PM)f3re Wrote:  

The assist bot will continue to be expanded/polished. In the longer term, you won't have to slam the keyboard to get non skillmanager spells in, we'll most likely add a keybind or something you can press to have the bot pause rotation while you cast another skill.

As far as the interrupt skills, you'll have to explain a bit about how the boss "resists" spells. Is this manifested in some kind of message that is displayed on screen? How do you know that a spell is being "resisted"? If there's a clear message from the client that this event is occurring then we can probably find it and add it as a conditional, but anything that requires digging around in the client takes a bit longer than a simple lua fix, so it might not happen overnight. None of us have time to play endgame stuff at the moment so we haven't experienced some of these issues yet :)

when you can no longer cast same spell on boss it will say "Fully resisted" on damage display.
I know you do not wish requests not to do with the main framework but I believe I have a valid question.

Could you allow mod makers to upload updates and have the update auto updated with the bot updater ? Only allow downloads of installed mods to people who use them. All other mods will not be downloaded.

Would save everyone time and also help with people having to search for changes like what happened to the auto repair mod and how it had to be updated due to main bot changes or everyone using you bot would be getting massive errors crashing the game and bot and then having to crawl the forums searching for a fix.

Hope this makes sense.
(11-11-2013, 10:30 PM)rockon1122 Wrote:  
(11-11-2013, 06:19 PM)f3re Wrote:  

when you can no longer cast same spell on boss it will say "Fully resisted" on damage display.

ya but if we are talking about stun is the only skill on a boss that you can use that can ever be resisted. Every other sill in the game that you can use on a boss doesn't have dimishing returns.
slow, stun, sleep, paralysis. not just boss.