Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Game Crashes
Game crashed, now bot won't let me log in.

Nvm, working again :)
ok so i am on Week one of using this after purchase and the new features look great guys! great work

my question is . I still experience i high amount of crashes . i just get a popup saying FFXIV has stopped working .

Does anyone else have any tips for running FFXIV minion over night say without any hiccups?

1)restart comp
2)Run Both programs as Admin
3) Make sure you have all Pre-reqs installed
4)sometimes i delete the file that makes you REenter your Minion Key & FOrum PW

** edit ** someone suggested i run the game at a much lower resoultion , <<--- anything this would help? **

not sure if anyone else has suggestions?
(11-18-2013, 11:58 AM)fxfire Wrote:  sure, try to lower the game graphics, more speed cant hurt.
MMM maybe you have some antimalware/antivirus scanner that does randomly scans ? Anything in particular you do ingame that causes this ? tried another char / mining / gathering / fishing / other map to narrow it down ?

Thanks for the reply !
The crashers seem to be random =( i have harvested for up to 5-8 hours on a custom made Mesh i created myself (back in Beta ). The crashes sometime happen after 1-2 hours of running the bot . Sometimes its right away and i have trouble getting the bot started w/o crashing FFXIV. AFter trying out a different player i got the crash about 2 hours after running FATE grind. Its weird because ive noticed Certain Maps ( usually on a custom made mesh i made myself ) will run perfectly fine. while others zones sometimes seem to crash the bot more often. Just thought maybe i have been overlooking something since i purchased the bot and it was changed a little bit.
I have also noticed that recently there have been a lot of crashes. When I re-load the modules because Lua Modules tab doesn't offer the drop down list, it will sometime crash the game.

Also have been having to spam the login button to login... Sometimes it logs in instantly.
after you crash there is a 3min lockout of every serial key. Also i've stopped using isboxer and lowered all the graphic settings and i really ahvent had any crashes in almost a week.
hmm i have still be getting Random Crashes that i was not getting before

completely disabled all AV including windowes defender & Security Essentials ( still Crashing )
Added the game & the bot to Firewall Exceptions ( Still Crashing )
Re installed about 3 or 4 times in a new folder (still Crashing)
I am Using a MEsh i DL'd from your Mesh Section for Quarrymill 20-30.
It usually crashes when i enter a Fate and the text "FATE JOINNED " pop up on the screen (because whenever i get back from AFK and the "FFXIV has stopped working " msg is there i always see the FATE JOINNED on the frozen FFXIV screen in the back.
Completely closed all backround programs and lowered Graphics to lowest possible Settings ( Still Crashing )
Change Framed limiter in System Config ( Still Crashes )

I dont know what else to do =( getting a little frustrating since i paid for the bot and it seemed to be working better when it was free lol (didn't crash nearly as much ).
i am still grateful for all your hard work you guys are putting into the program. and keep up the great work , don't want to come off as whinny i just dont know what else i can try to get this bot running so flawlessly like i used to. i havnt changed or DL'd anything since beta either ( i just Redownloaded the updater and reinstalled after purchasing )
I still can not use the bot, worked flawlessly for a week.

There was an update, now it crashes 100% of the time on "Success!".

Recent updates still haven't helped.

Sooo, long story short I figured it out shortly after making my last post...

I have multiple programs which have in-game HUDs or overlays, I ended up having to turn ALL of them off.

Works just fine again.
can u give me an example as to what programs you had to shut down?
im am willing to try anything at this point to keep the bot running for more than 2 hrs w/o crashing.

i have also tried running both game and bot as admin and the crashing still persist after a while of the bot running perfectly fine
I disabled...

Nvidia Shadowplay
Mirillis Action
TS3 Overlay addon
Mumble Overlay addon
Ventrillo Overlay addon

...one of those was the final problem so I just don't use any of them while botting.

I also had to disable Rivatuner at some point, even with EVGA Precision X off it would still try and start which would prevent the bot from running.

Basically, if you have any programs that put anything on your screen while you are playing a game, turn them off.
Thanks for all the response & help guys . Much Appreciated
upon further review, i think i also might be limited by not having a very high end Gaming Rig. apologies
I will probably need to upgrade my system in order to run things smoothly.
I have also found with FATE grinding in higher populated areas you might want to turn off Name Bars or other settings similar to help everything function without crashing as much.
the updates and features continue to amaze me . Keep up the great work