Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 2.73 Average
Crashes after login
Have tried waiting a while after game loads, tried at character select, have tried deleting the minion.dat, restarting computer, and have always waited a while between attempts. But I am getting crashes off and on, but is super annoying cause I don't seem to get it to launch for a good 15-20 mins after trying a bunch. Once logged in I usually see an outline of the text that floats over the character (or used too cant remember if it is still there) in black covering some of the screen and then the game locks up. I read in another thread to turn windows defender on and have done that as well. This occurs both when it is on and off.

Any other hints or advice? I can't produce it everytime, but I almost always notice it after I either close or crash FFXIV out and try to launch it again later. So the 2nd/3rd time I decide to bot basically in a day. If I just leave it on forever it doesn't seem to have trouble, but if I ever decide I want to close it. Re-opening often has this effect.
Restarted, Clean Install of Bot, still crashing.... turned off all unnecessary login items. Still no go.

Have not installed anything on this system in last week or two. Windows 7 Prof - 16GB RAM GTX 660Ti & plenty of processor.

Booted up laptop with bootcamp launched first time (so this seems isolated to my system). Are there any dependencies I should try and re-install/repair?
Uninstalled and Reinstalled from install instructions both the 2010 and and .Net binaries, still no go.
So you get the login screen all the time, but it crashes after that?
Yes. Get product key in and password hit login - then the Shadow that looks like text.

So I went out for a few hours came back and it loaded... Like I said off and on. Did not shut down or start/restart any services since last few attempts. I know these intermittent issues are hard to diagnose, but I am trying to provide as much information as possible. As I expect this behavior is not gone completely.
That seems to happen when your connection to our auth server is iffy. Do you have any firewall or antything running?
Only the built in windows one. I even made attempts with the firewall off. Also tried with Windows Defender off (never even had that enabled until I read a separate post asking for it to be turned on by another user having similar issues.
Are you running as Admin?
did you follow this??
http://mmominion.com/Thread-Tutorial-Ins...-and-Setup
Local account is an Admin account, I have not however been specifying to run as admin (via right click -> run as admin) and I have been running fates/grind/crafting/gathering for almost a month at this point. Would the admin part make this an intermittent issue? As I have never done that before (or this last time when it just worked) everything else in the thread was done as said. Re-read it all and confirmed.

BTW, Appreciate all the feedback and extra sets of eyes on the issue and the support being provided.