Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 2.73 Average
Crashes after login
Sorry, I miss spoke when I said defender it is Security Essentials. No other 3rd party active tools.

I am however running from the Desktop - I will change the working directory to a non windows related folder. I will also launch with right click admin. UAC controls are disabled and the account is admin I thought that would not be required. Thanks for all the points. Will test this further throughout the week (my last week of this key - so would be good to get this sorted before next key) and give ya'll an update.
Also having this issue. Technically i do not have it in desktop folder, i have it on a different hd with a shortcut on desktop to it, windows firewall off and no other firewalls active.
This is the error i am getting

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ffxiv.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 529464f3
Fault Module Name: USP10.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.626.7601.18009
Fault Module Timestamp: 50adaddf
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 0004fd3a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: c163
Additional Information 2: c1631824d49c9792cf2e7e334f806ef6
Additional Information 3: 0327
Additional Information 4: 0327fd359d449c25b40859b113df5eda
Still persisting after moving out of desktop directory and running as admin. Did fresh install from the Updater after moving the directory as well. (Although was only able to attempt once before server maintenance tonight. Will give more thorough details after trying it tomorrow.) I really don't want to have to rebuild my OS drive from scratch for this to run.
I only have Microsoft security essentials now, apparantly I had some form of norton. After doing a fresh install and restarting after deleting norton, everything seems to be working now.

It crashed at what i assume is the login for minion, right after the blue load screen, did not seem to matter if i was in game or at char select screen in ffxiv, would still crash.
So didn't work first time, worked then when I got home from work. Closed it down to cook dinner came back and same thing as before... This is the crash log if that helps.

Description
Faulting Application Path: X:\FFXVRR\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\ffxiv.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ffxiv.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 529464f3
Fault Module Name: StackHash_fbd9
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 3794e684
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fbd9
Additional Information 2: fbd9c058b0b334bb34de6b45c5a136f1
Additional Information 3: a848
Additional Information 4: a84813ec902d10c91dfeaac1bedea03f

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 3990661991

Removing minion.dat and the temporary really long string character created filed (assuming what stores certain settings/our key for the login) allowed the next attempt to login. (So spotty this is a bit concerning still)
I will continue to test. I have noticed it seems as though this tends to occur after an initial crash (either an alt+f4) or (x out without letting it properly close) As when I tend to clean logout I don't seem to notice this as much.

I often play other games while this run in the background and hence just close it out if I need to mid-game due to lag or what not (DoTA 2 :p)

I was able to cleanly run it and logout last night at the end of the night and this morning. I also notice that when you request skill updates in the LUA addon from ymko craftingtool after switching classes and starting to craft with a profile that is not of that class it will sometime crash as well. Any of these instances crashing seem to make the frequency of the inability to login more frequent. However I am also sure I was doing this for a month pretty much the exact same way and was not getting it as frequently as have been the last week.

I will continue to quit out of both minion bot and FFIV cleanly on the system and get back to you in a few days to let you know how that goes. Perhaps the improper shutdown of either the a mod/bot/ffxiv is effecting it.

Appreciate all the help as to eliminate as many factors as possible.
Are you playing other games in fullscreen, this will cause the bot to crash
I've run it in the background of a full screen game with no issue. It does not crash once it is loaded, only directly after hitting the "login" button with my credentials. And I usually load FFXIV and the bot first before playing other games so it can run in the background.
(after using it at work all day) I then got home and switched to my PC (that has the issue) and crashed, so tried removing the .cfgs and it still crashed. So I then placed them back into their directories and removed the minion.dat. This time it loaded successfully.

I'm not sure if one incident fits all, but if I remember correctly I've done that before and it has not always fixed the issue.
I think I'm just going to do a clean install either this weekend or next. I no active fw/av/etc programs installed. There may be some remnants or services running somehow. Thanks folks I think you all are right, there has to be something its just not coming up in programs, processes, msconfig etc.