Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
Requst: bot logic to deal wtih being stuck
Love watching the bot run.

The biggest problem happens when the bot is stuck. It will try jumping many many times, so many it's obvious it's a bot. It'll try to jump over things like a whole cliff. It would be nice if hte bought recognized it wasn't moving, would try jumping a max maybe of 4 times, then just use return. This is my biggest concern when botting.
you should be using the 100% meshes that come with the bot. They shouldnt be getting stuck if so you should take a screen shot and report the bugged spot.
(12-19-2013, 01:23 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  you should be using the 100% meshes that come with the bot. They shouldnt be getting stuck if so you should take a screen shot and report the bugged spot.

Even the 100% meshes get stuck at times it does happen, sometimes it gets stuck running in a circle, sadly its just the risk we take when running full zone fates
(12-19-2013, 01:41 PM)R3P0 Wrote:  
(12-19-2013, 01:23 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  you should be using the 100% meshes that come with the bot. They shouldnt be getting stuck if so you should take a screen shot and report the bugged spot.

Even the 100% meshes get stuck at times it does happen, sometimes it gets stuck running in a circle, sadly its just the risk we take when running full zone fates

I havent had any issues with fate grinding with the 100% meshes. I have however had problems with botanist couple spots i just edit the mesh to remove the triangles causing the problem then resave the mesh under a new name.
(12-19-2013, 02:00 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  
(12-19-2013, 01:41 PM)R3P0 Wrote:  

I havent had any issues with fate grinding with the 100% meshes. I have however had problems with botanist couple spots i just edit the mesh to remove the triangles causing the problem then resave the mesh under a new name.

Its few and far in between no rhyme or reason but i have had it run in circles mid mesh for no apparent reason
I find it kinda funny when it's in Costa Del Sol trying to jump up the cliff between the Apkallu and Crabs, or the wall near the stairs on Coertha's near Svara.

Especially if you forget to cancel the bot and try and move and it runs back to that spot to try again.
(12-19-2013, 05:51 PM)Daniel_Hatcher Wrote:  I find it kinda funny when it's in Costa Del Sol trying to jump up the cliff between the Apkallu and Crabs, or the wall near the stairs on Coertha's near Svara.

Especially if you forget to cancel the bot and try and move and it runs back to that spot to try again.

this has to do with the bot targeting the mob before it moves up there and it tries to get to it in a straight path. melee characters run in to this.
I've had a ton of problems. Western and Central Than. South Shroud, etc. Eventualy teh bot will get stuck and start acting very obvious. It will jump up and down 10 + times. Really should have back function.
agreed, not only that but the bot spins in circles sometimes...running back and forth over bridges etc....need something to deal with this.
(12-21-2013, 04:57 AM)zero462usa Wrote:  agreed, not only that but the bot spins in circles sometimes...running back and forth over bridges etc....need something to deal with this.

grind mode and fate grinding i've never seen this and i run like 4-6 bots 20/7. Whats ur FPS at. make sure you dont have the fps limiter on in game.