Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
Requst: bot logic to deal wtih being stuck
(12-29-2013, 11:57 PM)zero462usa Wrote:  
(12-29-2013, 09:37 PM)Latty79 Wrote:  Should probably post your stuck details in the proper forums, so the mesh can get fixed, if they need fixing. And the aleport stuck posted in here is a bot problem, not a mesh problem. I haven't looked at the rest, but i'll fix them if there is anything I can do.

Aleport: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ueyxqq489ls2e8v/stuckhmm.jpg You might be able to fix that for yourself buy removing some of the triangles up top. Try it and let me know.

Latty I appreciate your efforts, I really really do. This shouldn't be something that should just be worked around though. There needs to be SOME alternate options when/if the bot gets stuck. I am not the only person that thinks that if stuck, jumping up and down isn't acceptable. I feel like some people here are against more options which could further the bot along. I know you're trying to offer a solution, and maybe one solution should be to change the meshes, but that can't be the only solution because we cannot predict what will happen in the game that may cause the bot to get stuck. The meshes can't be changed every single time. So there needs to be another check for if the bot is stuck.

Is "teleport to nearest town if jumping more than x times and not changing x,y coords" a hard check to implement? I doubt it would be too tough considering the level of complexity this bot is already at. I mean the bot is already the best out there in almost EVERY area...stuck logic is NOT one of those areas unfortunately.

No, it's not hard to implement. The problem is that the teleport to atheyrite function that we originally added has never worked properly and we haven't prioritized it highly enough to fix yet, so there's no way to currently get "unstuck". The conditional check itself is trivial. We'll get it fixed this week, it's become a significant issue that we need to push to the top of our project pile.
(12-30-2013, 02:05 AM)f3re Wrote:  
(12-29-2013, 09:37 PM)Latty79 Wrote:  Should probably post your stuck details in the proper forums, so the mesh can get fixed, if they need fixing. And the aleport stuck posted in here is a bot problem, not a mesh problem. I haven't looked at the rest, but i'll fix them if there is anything I can do.

Aleport: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ueyxqq489ls2e8v/stuckhmm.jpg You might be able to fix that for yourself buy removing some of the triangles up top. Try it and let me know.

Latty I appreciate your efforts, I really really do. This shouldn't be something that should just be worked around though. There needs to be SOME alternate options when/if the bot gets stuck. I am not the only person that thinks that if stuck, jumping up and down isn't acceptable. I feel like some people here are against more options which could further the bot along. I know you're trying to offer a solution, and maybe one solution should be to change the meshes, but that can't be the only solution because we cannot predict what will happen in the game that may cause the bot to get stuck. The meshes can't be changed every single time. So there needs to be another check for if the bot is stuck.

Is "teleport to nearest town if jumping more than x times and not changing x,y coords" a hard check to implement? I doubt it would be too tough considering the level of complexity this bot is already at. I mean the bot is already the best out there in almost EVERY area...stuck logic is NOT one of those areas unfortunately.

No, it's not hard to implement. The problem is that the teleport to atheyrite function that we originally added has never worked properly and we haven't prioritized it highly enough to fix yet, so there's no way to currently get "unstuck". The conditional check itself is trivial. We'll get it fixed this week, it's become a significant issue that we need to push to the top of our project pile.

F3re you guys are gods among men. Thank you.
(12-30-2013, 02:09 AM)zero462usa Wrote:  
(12-30-2013, 02:05 AM)f3re Wrote:  

F3re you guys are gods among men. Thank you.

Sorry it went this long without being addressed...we didn't realize that many people were having stuck issues. The current implementation is really only to help the bot jump over rocks etc, it's not designed to break a real stuck situation. The GW2 bot has some layered logic that checks a few different type of "stuck" possibilities...we'll try to add something similarly robust for ffxiv as well.
(12-30-2013, 02:11 AM)f3re Wrote:  Sorry it went this long without being addressed...we didn't realize that many people were having stuck issues. The current implementation is really only to help the bot jump over rocks etc, it's not designed to break a real stuck situation. The GW2 bot has some layered logic that checks a few different type of "stuck" possibilities...we'll try to add something similarly robust for ffxiv as well.

I'm throwing my money at your name on the screen but it won't take it Complaint. Thanks for your efforts and attention.Smile You said the aetheryte thing wasn't working but your teleport hack works *wink wink*
That's great news and totally necessary IMHO. We'll never have perfect meshes and depending on them is not the answer. Also the cost of not stuck jumping is many reports which leads to bans and decreases the viability of this bot.
(12-30-2013, 02:05 AM)f3re Wrote:  No, it's not hard to implement. The problem is that the teleport to atheyrite function that we originally added has never worked properly and we haven't prioritized it highly enough to fix yet, so there's no way to currently get "unstuck". The conditional check itself is trivial. We'll get it fixed this week, it's become a significant issue that we need to push to the top of our project pile.

Thank you for recognizing and addressing this