Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
Requst: bot logic to deal wtih being stuck
(12-21-2013, 06:03 AM)jackie1234 Wrote:  
(12-21-2013, 04:57 AM)zero462usa Wrote:  agreed, not only that but the bot spins in circles sometimes...running back and forth over bridges etc....need something to deal with this.

grind mode and fate grinding i've never seen this and i run like 4-6 bots 20/7. Whats ur FPS at. make sure you dont have the fps limiter on in game.

OMG, it was re-enabled after the patch. Thanks, lets see how it runs now.
fps limiter off. still stuck. Jump sticking is the worst. just too obvious. I shudder to think how long it was doing this.
aleport http://www.mediafire.com/view/j9hggwelak...171727.mp4

more sticking in northern nosc
http://i.imgur.com/JWcDb12.jpg
then fix the mesh where its stuck at... remove the trianngles under that spot.
here's more jumpy action in costa del sol
http://www.mediafire.com/view/5ijp0k01z6...104636.mp4
ya bob there is probably trangles on the mesh going up the side of those rocks so the bot thinks it can go that way. Try removing the triangles.
I tried removing triangles from the mesh where the bot was getting stuck. The first time mmominion updated the mesh and redownloaded the meshes lol

Second time I saved as an alternate mesh. For some crazy ass reason after removing those triangles the damn bot was even more crazy..running into walls, going into all directions, running in circles...loaded up the original mesh again and it worked fine...just continued to get stuck at that spot.

Changing the mesh does not alleviate the underlying issue though; the stuck option should not be "stand there and jump forever." There needs to be configurable options for how to deal with getting stuck. Teleport to town, return home, or log out at least.

(12-21-2013, 04:57 AM)zero462usa Wrote:  agreed, not only that but the bot spins in circles sometimes...running back and forth over bridges etc....need something to deal with this.

grind mode and fate grinding i've never seen this and i run like 4-6 bots 20/7. Whats ur FPS at. make sure you dont have the fps limiter on in game.

I run 2 bots at the same time, no fps limiting (that shit was turned off a loooong time ago). I think you're just the exception here because all of us are having some issue with this type of thing.
(12-29-2013, 08:55 PM)zero462usa Wrote:  I tried removing triangles from the mesh where the bot was getting stuck. The first time mmominion updated the mesh and redownloaded the meshes lol

Second time I saved as an alternate mesh. For some crazy ass reason after removing those triangles the damn bot was even more crazy..running into walls, going into all directions, running in circles...loaded up the original mesh again and it worked fine...just continued to get stuck at that spot.

Changing the mesh does not alleviate the underlying issue though; the stuck option should not be "stand there and jump forever." There needs to be configurable options for how to deal with getting stuck. Teleport to town, return home, or log out at least.

I run 2 bots at the same time, no fps limiting (that shit was turned off a loooong time ago). I think you're just the exception here because all of us are having some issue with this type of thing.

well i make sure my meshes remove the triangles that are causing the issue. if you turn on mesh and turn on the show path. You can see where the issues is then you can remove the tiles from that section and fix the stuck issue then resave the map with a new name. and use it.
I'll give it another shot, however I still think the bot needs other options for when it's stuck besides standing there and jumping.
Should probably post your stuck details in the proper forums, so the mesh can get fixed, if they need fixing. And the aleport stuck posted in here is a bot problem, not a mesh problem. I haven't looked at the rest, but i'll fix them if there is anything I can do.

Aleport: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ueyxqq489ls2e8v/stuckhmm.jpg You might be able to fix that for yourself buy removing some of the triangles up top. Try it and let me know.
(12-29-2013, 09:37 PM)Latty79 Wrote:  Should probably post your stuck details in the proper forums, so the mesh can get fixed, if they need fixing. And the aleport stuck posted in here is a bot problem, not a mesh problem. I haven't looked at the rest, but i'll fix them if there is anything I can do.

Aleport: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ueyxqq489ls2e8v/stuckhmm.jpg You might be able to fix that for yourself buy removing some of the triangles up top. Try it and let me know.

Latty I appreciate your efforts, I really really do. This shouldn't be something that should just be worked around though. There needs to be SOME alternate options when/if the bot gets stuck. I am not the only person that thinks that if stuck, jumping up and down isn't acceptable. I feel like some people here are against more options which could further the bot along. I know you're trying to offer a solution, and maybe one solution should be to change the meshes, but that can't be the only solution because we cannot predict what will happen in the game that may cause the bot to get stuck. The meshes can't be changed every single time. So there needs to be another check for if the bot is stuck.

Is "teleport to nearest town if jumping more than x times and not changing x,y coords" a hard check to implement? I doubt it would be too tough considering the level of complexity this bot is already at. I mean the bot is already the best out there in almost EVERY area...stuck logic is NOT one of those areas unfortunately.