Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Please explain "Pulse Time (ms)" setting
no
thats a server issue and how SE updates HP/BUFF/Debuffs.
I tried adding a Do not cast for xx seconds variable in the skill manager which seemed to help a tad bit in some cases, but ultimately its like jackie said.

Going to take either SE to fix or the bot itself to incorporate some kind of workaround (which would be ideal, otherwise in some cases a human will always outperform the bot and it should be the opposite)

Anyhow, im a sleepy mofo! alas time to get up, get some breakfast, and get in game! Much to do before monday! Raid tonight in azeroth too! Booooo! (but until their is more end game content in ffxiv, a man needs things to do!)

oh - just ftr, I run my pulse time at 50 and its problem free and quickens up targetting etc quite a bit. With that said, i cant speak as to how much it would effect a pc that is a few years old or running multiple bots. Mine is cutting edge... more like bleeding or gushing blood edge :P Have already tried to run it at .01ms w/out issue but it didnt seem to change enough to offset how ugly .01 looks so I left it at .50 to be safe :P (minus the . bad habit its really 50ms)
Nothing in this game warrants a 50ms check on anything, and it isn't "quickening" up anything. Many of the CNE's are throttled to not even run every pulse, which makes it even more pointless. The only time this should ever be adjusted is if the computer is older and can't handle the 150ms pulse for whatever reason.
I dunno. If you say so. Obviously skills aren't going to fire off any faster due to the 2,5gcd but fate grinding on grind it was picking up mobs/changing targets noticeably faster. Of course their are plenty of other factors to consider but courtesy of the non retardism I seemed to have developed I did what anyone with common sense would do (switch back and forth several times to make sure it wasn't in my head etc) it was a big enough difference that I kept it.

Of course this doesn't mean it's ideal, doesn't mean I'm right, and doesn't mean it will do anything on any other pcs... However with no negative effects on my end, I saw no reason why faster wouldn't be better.

Fwiw HB has a frametime/framelock/tick setting in many of it's bot bases and changing said setting(s) makes a dramatic difference.

/shrug to play devils advocate vs myself - I did expect slowdown or stutter when I set it to the bare minimum and it did nada so you very well could be correct that it does in fact do nothing.

Like anything in life - I'd suggest trying it yourself and making your own decision based on the result.

With that said - 25hr maintence! Omg!
Maintenance is on 26th.