Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Few questions from new user (LONG)
OK! First question cause this is twice now it happened. Passed off the first time as a fluke but now twice I can see this becoming a big problem.

1) For some reason while running around doing fates/grinding on mobs I just returned to gridania. Why would he do that? what setting causes it and what is the trigger? Talk about frustrating to run all the way back and wonder/worry when its going to do it again.

HB you could set your bot to run and repair when need be, or run to the mailbox and mail to xxx alt when your inventory is full, or even log out if you were stuck or your inventory was full. However no inventory problems, no gear needing to be repaired... Just up and left the zone? Any ideas? :P

(01-10-2014, 05:53 AM)darkraito Wrote:  I can't really give more info on how fates is done in minion though, i haven't really completely tried it yet. This is mostly what i know from the forum.

If I read the notice correctly, minion now download the latest meshes from Latty. Thus making our lives a lot easier :D.
The best part (i haven't check in a while, please forgive me if i am wrong) is, the meshes has a level range for what fates it has in its name. By simply following the meshes suggestion, you will not end up in fates that are too overwhelming. You also have found fates that has boss. Like you said, this can be blacklisted. As the range, as long as its in the mesh it will try to move the fate, if you didn't blacklist it yet. As far as i know there are no hybrid mode yet. Most of the time, people just stay in town while waiting for fates.

LOL Ok. I was curious what the MO was for people using it for duty only. That explains it. Wish their was a way to set roam area, or what level mobs to grind on, or how to prioritize mobs/fates. I know you can set fate level range but mob level range would be awesome. At 24 I started attacking 16 beetles that were giving me like 35xp per........

another question!

2) Is their a way to set up the bot to automatically queue and run duties by itself?
1 it probably got stuck and used the return to home location.. you can set level ranges for grind markers... so set 1 grind marker near mobs 14-18 for the beetles then set a marker for mobs that are lvl 19-24 then a marker for 24-28 so on.

2 no
Anyone able to explain why on earth my Bot keeps blacklisting things on its own? I'll have it doing fates and it will go off and start standing by itself. I'll assume its resting but I look at the hp/mp and its all full. So I assume no fates are up within the paramters I set (level wise) and then I see several.

I was perplexed until I found blacklist and their were about a half a dozen blacklisted. I deleted them and it immediately took off to do his thing. Problem was, the list ended up half full again an hour later.

WTH is going on? :p
if the fate has no progress after a certain amount of time it Blists the fate this is under the fates option you can increase the time.
(01-11-2014, 08:25 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  if the fate has no progress after a certain amount of time it Blists the fate this is under the fates option you can increase the time.

perhaps I don't understand how fates work. these are low level fates. He isn't even "starting" them for anything to be done or otherwise. Most of these he would be able to manage solo id like to think at this point. How would I set it up so he doesn't ignore any/blacklist any but at the same time works within my preset level range?

I have waitforcomplete set to 0
and blacklisttime set to 0 under fates. Is their anything else I need to adjust?

I am just now catching up on this thread so if you posted something prior I didn't reply to, apologies - im getting onto it now :)

TY for the help btw :P

(01-10-2014, 02:43 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  1 it probably got stuck and used the return to home location.. you can set level ranges for grind markers... so set 1 grind marker near mobs 14-18 for the beetles then set a marker for mobs that are lvl 19-24 then a marker for 24-28 so on.

2 no

Yea I haven't gotten into the making of the meshes or the markets yet considering the ones the bot comes with seem to cover the entire/complete zone (atleast for the starter zones) I understand the basics however. Unfortunately I am a person who learns by doing and without someone to walk me through the "doing" part it takes me a little longer than i'd like lol.

As for the duties - I read that will be coming in the future as expected. So far so good :)
Albeit leveling by hand is much faster which I didn't expect >.< Is this better suited for say... gathering and doing things that are too monotonous for you or doing things for you while you need to do something IRL.. or does the bot actually compete on some level as far as leveling speed? ie: is it possible I have it adjusted incorrectly/haven't learned the ropes to the degree necessary to implement a fast leveling grind?

That sounded better in my head :P What im trying to ask is if people use this to level with much success or is that better put off until duties and things that offer more xp like quests are put in? At one point I was getting like 60xp per mob and even though I was only in my 20's, it would have taken me what amounted to an entire day to grind thru the level had I not stopped and did quests/hunting log etc.

(soooo need a hunting log profile :P)
(01-11-2014, 08:29 PM)klepp0906 Wrote:  
(01-11-2014, 08:25 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  if the fate has no progress after a certain amount of time it Blists the fate this is under the fates option you can increase the time.

perhaps I don't understand how fates work. these are low level fates. He isn't even "starting" them for anything to be done or otherwise. Most of these he would be able to manage solo id like to think at this point. How would I set it up so he doesn't ignore any/blacklist any but at the same time works within my preset level range?

and blacklisttime set to 0 under fates. Is their anything else I need to adjust?

I am just now catching up on this thread so if you posted something prior I didn't reply to, apologies - im getting onto it now :)

you want to raise your blacklisttime the higher it is the longer it waits before it Blists.
(01-11-2014, 10:30 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  
(01-11-2014, 08:29 PM)klepp0906 Wrote:  

you want to raise your blacklisttime the higher it is the longer it waits before it Blists.

HA! i thought blacklisttime @ 0 was the same as infinity basically. LOL i am such a nub. Thanks for your patience with me, your my personal hero :)