Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
FFXIV: Small Update, Current Progress, and State of the Bot
Greetings Minions.

Over the previous six hours we've push a small update containing the following functionality:
  • Running > 2 clients is now possible on Windows 8.1; there was a small OS hiccup due to a modified enum value but Powder has slain the dragon and it should now work properly
  • SkillManager Default Profiles:
    • You should see a new checkbox in the skillmanager, "Default Profile"
      [Image: 35G7Ioz.png]
    • Enabling "Default Profile" will use the currently selected profile for whatever job/class you're currently using
    • When switching classes/jobs, the default profile will be automatically selected

Over the previous 4-5 weeks we've been working on some major functionality updates. We're currently in private testing for duty mode, which allows users to:
  • Loop user-editable duty scripts with a full party...scripts contain positions/contentIDs for bosses, and separate behavior lua file contain custom combat tasks for the fights
  • Run in "Assist" mode in solo queue: you can select a "duty leader" and your bot will follow it and heal it or DPS its targets
  • Set custom enter/leave timers to ensure that the loop runs optimally on your system
  • Here are a couple of teaser screens:
  • [Image: rhpGmSy.png]
  • [Image: 7QkIw21.png]

Our testing is going very well and we're confident that we can automate duties easily given a bit more time to test and gather data. Next on the list is Quests. We've developed our custom duty framework with questing in mind as the next step, so we're confident that we can use the same data layout (see screenshot above) to specify custom quest objectives that we use for duty objectives. Currently we're in the process of getting access to the last bit of quest data we need...once this process is complete we will be able to provide a scripting API for users to create scripts for 99% of quest/dungeon content in the game.

Our work has been broad lately; we've been gathering data and building framework components for game functionality in multiple areas rather than focusing on a single specific task. Although this has led to less major updates of our current functionality, we've made major progress in the last remaining un-handled behavior areas of Duties and Questing. Rest assured that we're still working hard for your monthly payments and we will be releasing major functionality updates as soon as they are ready for public testing.

On another note, we'd like to hear from you on the current state of the bot. We feel that the bot is running very well for most tasks...if you take a glimpse at the most recent SE ban notifications:

Can't touch us SE

you'll see that only 191 accounts were banned over the previous few weeks for illicit activites (this represents their monthly "ban wave"). We think this is a pretty great number and represents that we're keeping our users safe across the wide spectrum of functionality we currently support. We'd like to get your feedback on our current functionality categories...tell us about what you think works great and what you think needs to be fixed. Here are some ideas for properly categorizing your response:
  • Gathering
  • Mob Grinding
  • Fate Grinding
  • PVP
  • Fishing
  • Assisted Combat
  • Interface
  • Performance
  • Relogger

Tell us where we're awesome and where we can improve on our current functionality.

Thanks for being customers and supporters and know that we're working harder now than we were in beta to make sure that your monthly subscription fee is well spent.
awesome i cant wait for teh questing!!!

Gathering: when selecting a marker in the gathering manager this should be the marker the bot runs to. instead of any random marker in its level range.

Assisted Combat: add set facing to assist so that it can auto face the targets that meet the conditions to attack.

Relogger: i see you added data centers can service accounts be next. For example i have 4 bots attached to 1 sign in password. So to log them in i have to select the data center and then the service account.
Just a question, do you plan on 'leves' for the Quests as well?
By this, i mean:
  • to talk to one NPC
  • select what leves we want (specifically this part)
  • move to the target NPC
  • give him what he wants (and this part)
  • repeat.

So far my complaints would only go to assisted combat.
  • Can't auto-evade red-zones (at least that, sure some boss doesn't even have red zones)
  • A slight flaw in party buff/debuff (i kept on casting Protect or Leeches when its not necessary). Probably my own fault.
  • A macro action, so we could act as if we are using macro (e.g "/s Resurrecting <t>" )
  • Dead player detection (to ease raise or resurrection)
  • Player distinction by class (tank/dps/healer). This would be great in light party but in a full party (i wonder how to set who is the MT and OT.
Great questions/complaints so far, keep them coming. I'll answer both in batch tomorrow.
F3re first off great job with the bot you guys kicking ass for sure

Things that need to be added...

1. HQ support for crafting this has been requested for the past several months, we were told in Dec this was coming soon, still waiting
2. Fishing - Day/Night fishing, Also ability to set distance from mob for sneak, run away to safe spot (evac) if attacked as well
3. Grinding - Spiritbonding thats a must have was requested a while back with no word on if you were ever able to create code
4. Autologout - Also was requested a while back was actually a LUA mod at 1 point we were told in Dec this was coming soon has not arrived as far as I can see if I missed it my apologies.
5. Assisted combat - Auto attack if mob is at 99% right now seems to wait until I tab to mob to attack, Auto face mob/Turn to attack after moving
6. Gathering: when selecting a marker in the gathering manager this should be the marker the bot runs to. instead of any random marker in its level range
5. Dll Hook - Bot still sometimes crashes when logging in randomly, also seems to take forever to attach to game improved performance here would be nice.
6. Tell/say Detection with responses, most accuse you of botting, perhaps some random say things to make it look like you were or are at keyboard, ex Q. Party/SB Party? A. No Thanks
7. Fullscreen support - I know it is currently not supported but come on this is 2014 please add this
8. Better Pathing for Grind and Gathering, currently the bot uses the same path across all meshes even if you delete and readd have the bot randomly recalculate its path for the mesh so when multiple people use the same mesh IE the one that comes with the bot you dont see a line of 5 -6 people running the same thing
9. Fix the stuttering on moving fates - currently moving fates such as svaras pride the bot moves 3 steps stops moves 3 steps stop moves 3 steps stop
10. Hand in FATES - Have the bot hand in clusters and parts for hand in fates
11. Low population fates - bot runs in aggros and dies have the bot kind of hang back like a real person would.
Awesome work!

Id tend to agree with the above. I think the bot is moving along at a great pace and its obvious good work is going into it.

2 of my biggest complaints atm are the lack of logout functionality (Im still having to either A) set an alarm to wake up for it or B) set my computer to restart at a certain time) and the hook procedure. Ive not been able to figure out why but there are still a lot of crashes that come out of the blue. Whether it be when first running the bot or pausing the bot and trying to do something in game.
Fixed
I dont know guys, but my bots still got dc if i try to use 2 or more bot at once...and i saw that not im the only one.
Anyone will fix that? or some1 sold the problem already? i bought 2 bot and in the last 1.5 weeks i can use only 1/time.Complaint
I assume you're not using both keys properly. I dont think there is much we can 'fix' here.
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Darkraito and R3P0 said everything I wanted to say and then some. I used the bot back when you barely got Rift support going, I can see how far it's come, though I know the bot is lacking in some areas you've come an incredibly long way. I think at the levels of improvement you're making, you might need to lawyer up soon - they're going to have to give up trying to detect the bot and just try to shut you down, I mean that to be as much of a compliment as it is advice.