Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
FFXIV: Small Update, Current Progress, and State of the Bot
Looks promising guys :P

I do Really like the feature of the default profile in skillmaster... As this will open an option to make a mixed mode bot option. ( Questing-pvp mode, Gind/fate-pvp mode, gather-pvp mode and or Quest-Fate mode ) Yeah i see great things coming :P (Déjà vu moment.. )
i would love when you add in the SkillEditor two lines
Ally MP% < xx
Ally MP% > xx
For Bard MP song in group.
(01-11-2014, 08:10 AM)HansW Wrote:  I assume you're not using both keys properly. I dont think there is much we can 'fix' here.

What can i do wrong?They have different key.Btw sometimes i can use them for 5-10 min together, and after that one is just dissapear and when relog, the other just gone, and so on..Before the Big 2.1 update, its working fine for me...
(12-25-2013, 11:06 AM)yetihunter01 Wrote:  Hy there! its not working correctly..for me.. when i start the game via the GUI_launcher, i get dc.
edit: only if i run more than 1 game(2)
edit 2: when i run 1 game via bot and 1 normal game. I dont have any problem.
(12-25-2013, 03:22 PM)fluxvital Wrote:  Launcher doesn't work for me too, can't launch more than 1 game at same time.
(12-25-2013, 11:45 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  i run it as admin and it still crashes after launching the 2nd client
(12-26-2013, 03:18 AM)KryptKeepa Wrote:  ^^^ Im getting same problem
some ppl with the same problem as i have..
Soo any other tipps?
A few things I would like to see;

In Party Grind I would like to see:

The bots not stack on top of each other.
The bots that are ranged stay max range from mobs instead of getting on top of the party leader.
Being able to set a specific leader for the bot to follow instead of it working off who the game selects. (Sometimes if you queue 3/4 in a dungeon then the 4th person becomes leader and the bots just follow them...)
I'd like to see the bots not run in circles, this happens mostly going up/down stair/hills/inclines in party grind mode.

Generally I'd like to see;

More unstuck options. Instead of just "Enable Unstuck" you should allow us to choose which options are tried. I believe there is a rule "after getting stuck 15 times the bot will log the game out." I don't want that, just keep teleporting, or generate a new path to the target location.

I would like to see more randomized path generation. Currently if I have 2 bots and both have "randomize path" selected they are both on the random path. What's worse is sometimes there are other botters and I end up on the same "randomized" path as them.

With the new Duty/Dungeon features coming out I would like to see the bot be able to load into a new zone, recognize the map change, and continue on it's way. For example, I want to create an aetheryte script that will teleport to all aetheryte locations and attune. Would be cool if the bot could run to the map, load the x,y,z coords, attune, and run to next map location.

=================

The bot is the best bot I've ever used. There will always be improvements that can be made though. I appreciate all your hard work and look forward to paying you monthly for quite some time. Thank you.
I would like to see mainly two things regarding fate grinding:
1. Targeting priority/stick with target. As it is bot allways targets the closest mob and often aggroes more that one.
2. AOE avoidance. Person, who never tries to avoid aoe is just bloody obvious.
Please add some kind of a workaround for assist/grind modes so the caster wouldn't doublecast spells, this is most obvious for spells that look at your hp (for example, healing spells don't insta-replenish health so the bot casts the next action miliseconds before the hp got restored by previous heal).

I suggested this to aceRage (who's doing the excellent assist mod) to somehow fix this problem, maybe even adds some calculation part where the bot would check the hp number and would caculate how many heals are needed before there's a small pause until the next bot profile check starts or just pause that last skill for something like 0.3sec. Because if you just add a delay after every heal it will just be too slow and not as effective as a real player who sees how many heals are needed.
Fixed
Would love if there was an info section for grinding that would give
1) How much time has passed
2) How many mobs you've killed
3) An average of how many mobs you're killing per hour

This is a beautiful program though, thanks for you and your team's hard work!
Hola!
I'm a new user but I have used bots for quite some time and have the most experience with HonorBuddy. It would be a great goal to aspire to. (the ease of use/functionality of)

I haven't spent too much time with Minion as of yet, however a few things I could offer as far as being incorporated (aside from the obvious of course)

A bit more user friendly of a GUI. (its simple but to a fault) Think GUI GUI GUI :) Not only will it help your users but appearance wise it will look more professional and draw in a ton more users for your bankroll :)

Apart from that, a big one I would like to see that I was disappointed to find not available is the saving of your interface. I spent a TON of time resizing and organizing my boxes and the layout, only to restart it and find everything gone back to default again! UGHGHGHG!! Obviously I'll have to deal with it the way it is now as their is no point organizing and resizing when unless I keep the bot running 24/7, after the next restart it will reset anyhow.

Now to be clear, far as I can tell it saves the actually "settings" ie: parameters such as grind/class choice for skills etc. But the layout/ui no such luck. This would go a long way towards people being able to set things up how they like and use the bot in an efficient manner.

Other than that, duties are a huge one. The more automation the better obviously :) To be fair, you have a long way to go but the foundation is there and that's great :) The better the bot becomes the larger the sub base the larger the sub base the greater the community and the greater the community the more it will aid the bot itself with luaModules (botbases) and other great things such as automated profiles for xx class 1-50 or crafting xxx of item xxx.

Oh, another cool thing would be traveling profiles. ie: want to go here click xx and the bot will automatically run you there.

And finally, I see the Radar which is cool.. and im not sure if FFXIV has named mobs like most or practically all other mmos' do, however if it does (HNM's for the people who only played ffxi, generally called Named mobs however) It would be cool if the radar would differentiate so we could see say... a buncha red dots for regular mobs and if their was a yellow one in the middle we would know it was Named. An easier way to farm or get the phat loots :)

Hmmm oh one more thing, I see a checkbox for say teleport or speed.. but theyre placed in odd places and I don't see much of a way to control either. I understand say a teleport checkbox for automated teleporting while gathering (I know its dangerous etc) which is kind of why im saying this. I wouldn't imagine many would use it. However an option for teleportation we can control, and speed would be awesome. I know basabots released one for free (it has long been out of use due to lack of updates) and it was extremely simple. A check box to enable speed and/or teleport. A slider to select how fast you wanted to travel (top speed was OBSCENE) and a pair of boxes to select either static or hotkeye'd and if hotkeyed which button to use either. The teleport was simply a teleport to target. Worked on npc's or pc's or mobs. I would LOVE to see this/these added.

As far as bugs, one that seems to not be working right is the checkbox to attack mobs outside of fates when on your way to/doing a fate. I will have a train of mobs chasing me and ill get to the fate and get raped. Would be so much easier if while running if he aggroed a mob, he would simply stop and kill the SOB! Let alone at the fates he just ignores whats beating on him and continues along w/ the fate. This is with or without the box checked (tried It in reverse I figured it may be vice versa but no go either)

Rough around the edges but im enjoying it thus far! Unfortunately I have found leveling by hand to be much much faster which surprises me and disappointes me. trying to catch up to a buddy and he's pulling away when I choose to use the bot lol. Probably wouldn't be the case if their were still tons of people doing fates etc.. alas without consistent fates your only option w/ the bot is grinding mobs its seems and that is dog awful slow >.< and expensive! For every level my gear basically breaks from the sheer number of mobs you have to kill which amounts to spending gil you didn't earn in the first place because your grinding and not doing leves/duties ect (cause they aren't in the bot yet)

Anyhow this is plenty long :) Thanks for your hard work!

(01-11-2014, 05:15 PM)Bishop56 Wrote:  Would love if there was an info section for grinding that would give
1) How much time has passed
2) How many mobs you've killed
3) An average of how many mobs you're killing per hour

This is a beautiful program though, thanks for you and your team's hard work!

cool idea and it made me think of another thing. The "console" I selected it to try and diagnose what was going on with my character when he kept teleporting out of battle. (still haven't figured that one out but I think he may have literally died each time and I somehow missed it.. so .. another topic nonetheless) Anyhoc.w I found the "console" only included info such as Started bot/Stopped bot... but not the activities of the bot as he went about his business. What command made it do what its doing etc. Similar to what appears under BotStatus. But that's just a single line. I see their is a log option but if it logs out of game to a file, meh! If it logs in the gui such as to the console in real time, great! This i'll have to check. If it is not the case this would be great to have to aid in diagnosing a million things. Or for things that aren't diagnosable to share with others who are more savvy.

(something tells me this is something in here and I have to find it :P If it isn't in the context in which I explained it then perhaps it can be adjusted to work this way. Anyhow... back to trying to use this thing efficiently :)

(01-11-2014, 03:00 PM)zero462usa Wrote:  With the new Duty/Dungeon features coming out I would like to see the bot be able to load into a new zone, recognize the map change, and continue on it's way. For example, I want to create an aetheryte script that will teleport to all aetheryte locations and attune. Would be cool if the bot could run to the map, load the x,y,z coords, attune, and run to next map location.

THIS! for sure

(01-11-2014, 03:00 PM)zero462usa Wrote:  The bot is the best bot I've ever used.

Now now, lets be honest! Its a good bot, and has the potential to be great... but you musnt have used Honorbuddy before eh? (don't get me wrong, I detest wow and what it has done to the mmo genre as a whole, however due to its popularity having the best bot ever made by man was an inevitiablity considering the money making potential.

Oh!! I got moooooore :) You have me on a tangent now! Im sure this goes along w/ the auto questing and such but seeking out /completing hunting logs would be awesome!! As well as a way to set the bot to keep up a food buff or eat a particular food. Or how about setting it up to use potions if say your a class without heals or ethers if your a magic class etc. Items in general you know :P I'm new at the game but Im sure its a safe bet their are all types of items to use later on and/or clicky items/equipment for that matter. I know it can mount for you automatically etc already.

I'm sure much of this has already been thought of but I figure just in case ill post what runs through my mind, is missing that was available in HB, or that I run up against in game and find myself wishing was available.

OH HUGE ONE!!! GET THIS WORKING IN FULL SCREEN!!!! /LIFELONGCUSTOMERATTHATPOINT!!!
Honorbuddy does just as many things worse as the number of features that are handled better. Ever tried the bots for games that aint 10 years old? And I guess we simply have a different opinion about a good UI...
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn...