Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
FFXIV: Small Update, Current Progress, and State of the Bot
Let's not get deeper into a buddy vs minion pissing contest. Honorbuddy is a great bot; there are some ways in which the minion framework is very, very different than the buddy framework and will always be so, and there are other areas (such as ease of use, range of functionality, community size/enthusiasm, dungeon botting, etc) in which buddy obviously still sets the 'industry standard' and we hope to continue to improve. Direct comparisons with other bots are generally frowned upon as it walks a fine line before dropping into the 'advertising' category, and generally we discourage that sort of thing in our forums. The point has been made so let's not let it devolve any further - in the future please try to separate your criticisms from direct comparisons to competitors as it tends to spark up controversy that distracts from the discussion.
(01-11-2014, 02:13 PM)Shaolin2 Wrote:  i would love when you add in the SkillEditor two lines
Ally MP% < xx
Ally MP% > xx
For Bard MP song in group.

My addon does this if it's something you need right now.

I have no complaints about the bot. I love the framework and the API is quite good, which allows somebody like me to easily extend it to do what I want to so I don't have to bother you guys about every little thing.

Things I really would like:
  • Expansion of the target.action, to know the actual skill being used, if it all possible.
  • Ability to read the battle log, so that the bot could be told to react to certain things like "Garuda readies Slipstream.", etc. I don't care if it parses/analyzes, I just want it to read the lines and be able to do basic string pattern matches.

I think these couple of things would make the combat effectiveness of minion much smarter in certain situations.

Thanks guys.
I believe it was mentioned somewhere how someone has mutliple service acounts on 1 of SE's log in... and i can confirm this, relogger gets stuck at which service account to choose. can't work my schedule has to manually fire each and hope no dc or any issues.
i wonder if we could have tool like.
enter wp with all 4 party mebers
use tp hack to kill 3 bosses in 10 min
affter finish it buy coke or something
and repet forever
this would be awsome but on other hand prices will drop even more ;d
Rest TP < % PLEASE!!!!!!
My two ... cents ...

1) MOB Attack/AoE avoidance
2) More fine grained control of grinding and grinding paths
(01-16-2014, 11:37 AM)satbuster Wrote:  My two ... cents ...

1) MOB Attack/AoE avoidance
2) More fine grained control of grinding and grinding paths

I would also like to see MOB Attack/AoE Avoidance added ThumbsUp
(01-13-2014, 08:09 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  
(01-13-2014, 07:04 PM)klepp0906 Wrote:  
(01-11-2014, 10:44 PM)z0mg Wrote:  Honorbuddy does just as many things worse as the number of features that are handled better. Ever tried the bots for games that aint 10 years old? And I guess we simply have a different opinion about a good UI...

discussion is about "time" is it not? things that aren't in the bot that we want in the future. Honorbuddy didn't come out the door in its current state, not even close. If your going to waste even half a breath trying to imply honorbuddy isn't the more capable bot, save it. Your just fanboy'ing.

That isn't to say this wont have the same or more features in the future, nor to say the author of this bot is better than that or vice versa. Simply put, HB has had MUCH more time to mature and its community which is larger by a fairly sizeable margin has had more time to work its magic.

As far as the UI, certainly you can debate aesthetics considering its all subjective. However, for most I think Honorbuddy would win hands down by a mile considering it even HAS a gui :P You could argue minion does as well (and you'd be right) its just completely minimalist.

None of what I said was meant to be condescending so untwist your panties, im here not in wow, im paying for minion - not another bot... and I intend to be for a long time. (although if we're honest, wow is jerking at my leg to come back, I hope ffxiv end game is even half as good)

Aaaanyways, to add to what I have already listed. Would be great to add the ability to use your battlechicken too. The other night I couldn't figure out why the bot wasn't doing anything and then it dawned on me... the chicken! and put it away and naturally my problems were solved at that point. However I don't need to state the obvious. It would be a welcome and im sure planned addition :)

you must be skipping over things in this bot.

you can already eat and keep a food buff up.
you can already repair
you can alrady keep your chocobo companion out to fight with you.
you can already move to markers or locations on the map with 100% meshes.
you can already teleport to any place on the map.
you need to look in the mod section of the forums

To be fair, I haven't checked the mod section yet, I was referring to innate bot capability. However I fully intend(ed) to once I got my bearings with the bot itself (which is ironically what I am doing here on the forums just now)

So thank you for confirming the above, will make the bot that much more useful for me!

(01-14-2014, 03:03 PM)f3re Wrote:  Let's not get deeper into a buddy vs minion pissing contest. Honorbuddy is a great bot; there are some ways in which the minion framework is very, very different than the buddy framework and will always be so, and there are other areas (such as ease of use, range of functionality, community size/enthusiasm, dungeon botting, etc) in which buddy obviously still sets the 'industry standard' and we hope to continue to improve. Direct comparisons with other bots are generally frowned upon as it walks a fine line before dropping into the 'advertising' category, and generally we discourage that sort of thing in our forums. The point has been made so let's not let it devolve any further - in the future please try to separate your criticisms from direct comparisons to competitors as it tends to spark up controversy that distracts from the discussion.

I didn't intend to create any drama, obviously some have very passionate feelings one way or the other, I was simply making comparisons/suggestions. For FFXIV, I have no doubt that this is the best available bot and will continue to be. For me however, it seems the one area in which it is most important for me, it is lacking :( (leveling)

This is why I made posts inquiring about tactics and if I was missing something persay. I tried to keep up w/ RL buddies whom aren't working currently and it was for naught. Once your past your teens I might manage a half a level at best in an 8 hour stretch of nonstop grinding/fate'ing. Im no fool, I realize much of this is due to the population having thinned relative to area and fates aren't constantly done and finished like they used to be, however I am in full belief the bot can be improved to incorporate some of the more efficient means of leveling as well :)

Like most, im looking forward to the future!

Oh! I do have a suggestion (assuming this isn't already there and avoiding my detection as well! The GUILauncher (preffxiv intitialization) seems to be unable to do its job if you have a one time password setup? Is this the case? Is this something that can be fixed in the future? I cant imagine how but im no programmer :P
Any way that the speed hack From MovementInfo can include a speed hack for when Your weapon is Drawn...... As it is right now you can set every other speed you need, but as soon as you take out your weapon, BAM Slow as a turtle again. Permasprint Kinda helps with this, but is still slow with weapon drawn compared to say speed 8 or 9.

Thanks for job well done so far!
(01-16-2014, 03:45 PM)klepp0906 Wrote:  Oh! I do have a suggestion (assuming this isn't already there and avoiding my detection as well! The GUILauncher (preffxiv intitialization) seems to be unable to do its job if you have a one time password setup? Is this the case? Is this something that can be fixed in the future? I cant imagine how but im no programmer :P
if i were assigned to this, i'd say it's impossible. There is no point in doing the job as the one-timed password is uniquely generated. you don't have the same code as other people and its changes every now and then. it would probably take months to reverse engineer, thus 'it's impossible'.