Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Best Parser for FFXIV currently?
advanced combat tracker is far superior to ffxiv-app. app gave me performance issues and my PC is ball'n it always ran my CPU at 100%
I like ACT with FFXIV plugin the best, the numbers seem far more accurate, and the overlay is nice for showing mob health %'s.
ACT here too.
its to bad that the Dots from SMN dont get counted
(02-05-2014, 08:01 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  i dont see how dropping to borderless windowmode drops your performance. I'm running two 7950 3gig each in crossfire i have like 240 fps on maximum. with 1 game client open not in crossfire mode i have like 175 on maximum. But the thing is you cant pysically see the diffrence between 240 fps and 175 fps. and 10,000 usd on a computer thats crazy. i spent about 900 bucks on my computer and i have 5.0 ghz amd 8 core 64 gigs of ram and 2 amd 7950's with water cooling 5 fans fan controller.

becuase i lose SLI. Fullscreen I have 4 titans running. Windowed I have 1 titan running.

Result - BIG PERFORMANCE DROP lol.

120fps on maximum to 50fps on standard >.>

hmm does one count dots while the other doesnt? that would definately weigh on my choice .. heavily i might add >.<

BTW - do you think you need to tell someone w/ a 10k pc that you cant see the difference between 240fps and 175? LOL. FWIW the reason your getting a higher framerate and less performance issues are likely the fact that A) your using AMD which doesnt have the driver issues Nvidia has currently. (their latest driver I get NO SLI AT ALL so i cant even use it. They for some reason are struggling to find the cause of the issue as per their "unresolved bugs" list) Also I assume you are using a lower resolution (i game at 4680x2560) Its using a butt hair over 3gb of vram at this resolution (ironically wow uses even more) so I can only use a few cards on the market right now anyhow lest i run out of vram and nosedive in framerate anyhow.

Regardless, getting off track. Jackie, you know I love you right? :)
I run at 1920x1080 because eyefinity is horrible. this game isnt made for that. and 240 fps and 175 you cannot physically see the difference in frame rate. The human eye isnt going to be able to notices the difference between 150 fps and 250 fps physically.