Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 2.52 Average
FFXIV Update - Dev Teleport Module and Questing Data
Greetings Minions.

We've pushed a release containing an additional dev module based on MAHA's excellent teleport addon located in the addons forum. While gathering quest/dungeon data we found it necessary to make some modifications to his work to facilitate our specific needs, and we're releasing our work to you in the hopes that you will use it to help us collect NPC/Object data for our upcoming quest mode. Aside from some UI layout changes which will be obvious, there were some significant functionality modifications/updates as well.

[Image: ZMokRlD.png]

Setting
  • Auto-Sync: Controls whether the player will automatically sync with the network after a teleport
  • Auto-Record: Controls whether the bot will automatically record entity/object data
  • Distance: How close in front of npc/object player will teleport
Move

The Move menu has also been modified to use heading-based directions rather than compass. You will see a user-editable distance field that allows for custom teleport distance in any direction.

Recording

The TP module will now gather entity information while the player entity moves around the map and auto generate lists of entity/object data. This data will be represented in two ways. Firstly, it will appear as new buttons that you may click to teleport to the new entity/object:

[Image: g6zKm1C.png]

Secondly, it will create new entries in *_auto.lua files in the /Waypoint directory. These entries contain valuable information that we will eventually use for questing/dungeon behavior.

[Image: N3Mzcey.png]

The goal for this project is for you to help us build a database of this information by letting the teleporter run in the background while you bot/play, and then eventually giving us your data so that we can merge it into a master database. If you wish to help, enable the "Auto-Record" button in the module...we will alert you at a later date when we are ready to gather your data and merge.

Again, all credit goes to MAHA for the original Teleporter module on which we based our update. It is an excellent addon which is why we chose to use it as a framework rather than starting from scratch. Your previously generated waypoint files using the original Teleporter by MAHA will work with the new dev module once you have copied them to the /LuaModules/Dev/Waypoint folder.
Can you please make it so this does not open up every time. I as I am sure of others have no desire to teleport and do not want this running by mistake.
(01-24-2014, 09:50 PM)R3P0 Wrote:  Can you please make it so this does not open up every time.

I made the visibility default to false but its causing another sizing bug we've run into before. The size of the window will default to very small now when you open it - you'll just have to resize it the first load until we solve the bug.

(01-24-2014, 09:50 PM)R3P0 Wrote:  Can you please make it so this does not open up every time. I as I am sure of others have no desire to teleport and do not want this running by mistake.

There is nothing that could "run" by mistake. It simply gathers data in the background, the exact same data the bot already uses to make decisions. Please don't confuse the issue by scaring other users into believing that having the Auto-Record feature enabled will somehow cause them to start teleporting around.
is there any update on the duty scripts?
(01-24-2014, 11:54 PM)odano1988 Wrote:  is there any update on the duty scripts?

If there is an update, you'll notice. We just add a post like the one you replied to. You think its going to be faster if you keep asking ?
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
It was just a question. Not rushing. Obviously I'm paying for your product and have been enjoying it, not bitching. Sometimes you and the devs have the rudest comments for people just asking questions and wanting to know the status of things you have posted about seeing if its moving along days, weeks, months. It would be much more appreciated for something along the lines of we have put it on the backburner or are working on other things first then just instantly going to a rude comment. Either way, thanks for the tele addition to the mod and the auto recording of waypoints. Makes mapping very easy.
(01-25-2014, 01:34 AM)odano1988 Wrote:  It was just a question. Not rushing. Obviously I'm paying for your product and have been enjoying it, not bitching. Sometimes you and the devs have the rudest comments for people just asking questions and wanting to know the status of things you have posted about seeing if its moving along days, weeks, months. It would be much more appreciated for something along the lines of we have put it on the backburner or are working on other things first then just instantly going to a rude comment. Either way, thanks for the tele addition to the mod and the auto recording of waypoints. Makes mapping very easy.

It's coming along...we're mostly waiting on AOE avoidance, everything else in place. The bots cannot survive even trash in a dungeon without the logic to detect an attack and dodge it, so until we crack that nut we're stuck. It's our biggest priority right now in terms of major projects, so don't think that we've forgotten about it. Don't hold it against Hans, he answers dozens of angry support tickets/forum posts daily by people who have no idea what they're talking about. We still love you.
Ty fire. I was more wondering about the ability to loop said script while teleporting to bosses and not dodging anything lol. Thank you for the update.
/hashtag powertrip
Like always, great update. <3
I have some concerns though.

Quote:Auto-Sync: Controls whether the player will automatically sync with the network after a teleport
I don't really get this mechanic. Does it run after the teleport hack or upon load map (e.g post char selection is also affected)?
and what do you mean by "sync with the network"? Which/what network does it sync to?

Quote:Move
The Move menu has also been modified to use heading-based directions rather than compass. You will see a user-editable distance field that allows for custom teleport distance in any direction.
So basically, move is actually teleport to a certain distance based on our heading?

Quote:The TP module will now gather entity information while the player entity moves around the map and auto generate lists of entity/object data. This data will be represented in two ways. Firstly, it will appear as new buttons that you may click to teleport to the new entity/object:
Seems risky to teleport to the entity (i mean, player report?). Could you make it calculate distance and move to instead? But then it will not be a 'dev teleport module'. Would love to make it move automatically specially on leves quest (xD). But then again, i could just modify the code myself (with some help of course).

Quote:The goal for this project is for you to help us build a database of this information by letting the teleporter run in the background while you bot/play, and then eventually giving us your data so that we can merge it into a master database. If you wish to help, enable the "Auto-Record" button in the module...we will alert you at a later date when we are ready to gather your data and merge.
Auto-Record will not teleport me in anyway right? if that's the case, i guess i won't mind.

-----------
Sorry if i asked too much questions. I just need to be clear.