Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 2.52 Average
FFXIV Update - Dev Teleport Module and Questing Data
(01-25-2014, 04:15 AM)darkraito Wrote:  I don't really get this mechanic. Does it run after the teleport hack or upon load map (e.g post char selection is also affected)?
and what do you mean by "sync with the network"? Which/what network does it sync to?

Basically updating your position with the FFXIV servers after a teleport. There's code in place to compensate for lag and teleporting can trigger it, among other things, so updating your position is telling the server exactly where you are now. I can't see any other meaning behind it.

(01-25-2014, 04:15 AM)darkraito Wrote:  So basically, move is actually teleport to a certain distance based on our heading?

That's what was implied in that wording.

(01-25-2014, 04:15 AM)darkraito Wrote:  Seems risky to teleport to the entity (i mean, player report?). Could you make it calculate distance and move to instead? But then it will not be a 'dev teleport module'. Would love to make it move automatically specially on leves quest (xD). But then again, i could just modify the code myself (with some help of course).

It could be used in certain circumstances, but using it for everything would be in line with what you're worried about like the tele-gathering. If you have to select each destination for it to move to each time, that would be a very counter-intuitive and you may spend more time that way. If they're able to collect a lot of data and organize it I'm sure that what you're asking is in-line with what they're after in the long term with the questing.

(01-25-2014, 04:15 AM)darkraito Wrote:  Auto-Record will not teleport me in anyway right? if that's the case, i guess i won't mind.

It just logs things that FFXIV minion might need for questing that load into memory and records the relevant information about them. Saves the developers from having to visit every part of every zone (like FATEs with turn-in NPCs) on their own, and would allow covering new updates at a pretty solid pace if I'm not misunderstanding. They give an example of what it records, so you don't need to worry about anything - just a question of whether you'd like to contribute or not.

Now, I think I got everything right but it'd be great to get some confirmation so I can complete my post with a mandatory smug look. I didn't expect to see this kind of update, but it's nice and I'll go around and record everything I can. If you find yourselves with some spare time however, can you create a field for maximum level on a skill? If that was present, I'd be able to create full skill sets for leveling. I already set the minimum level for everything so that syncing with any kind of FATE/dungeon doesn't leave the bot looping a skill it doesn't have, but when a skill becomes obsolete (Thunder II > Thunder @ 26 THM if I remember right they overwrite each other) I need to manually switch it over in the skill manager to be certain there aren't any problems. I think that way would be easiest, but adding a check if the skill is even available before trying to use it would be better and would let me load up cross skills in a profile without a worry about whether someone has them or not might be easier. I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about, don't I? Cool. Sorry if I come across as a bit presumptuous, not my intent at all.

@Hans Thanks for your hard work, or should I say sacrifice? Hard to really say which is more appropriate.
(01-25-2014, 07:06 AM)Aparker Wrote:  @Hans Thanks for your hard work, or should I say sacrifice? Hard to really say which is more appropriate.

lol +rep
the next release will include options to "move to" instead of teleport and it will use the loaded navmesh to find a proper position near the target when teleporting (if close enough). That will keep you out of walls and objects if the map is properly meshed.
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
I guess this solves the obvious question of why I noticed some of the new getpositionfromheading helpers and such. I finally had some time to get a "forward" teleport mathed out, I start writing the code, and notice, hey.. these guys already added this function in a much prettier way. Totally getting one-upped on this feature though, mine only does forward, up and down. Great job all around as usual guys.
(01-26-2014, 03:17 AM)aceRage Wrote:  I guess this solves the obvious question of why I noticed some of the new getpositionfromheading helpers and such. I finally had some time to get a "forward" teleport mathed out, I start writing the code, and notice, hey.. these guys already added this function in a much prettier way. Totally getting one-upped on this feature though, mine only does forward, up and down. Great job all around as usual guys.

"prettier" is probably overly generous, but yeah I wrote some helpers for it. converting compass heading to a proper theta for a new position calculation is always fun, luckily I have a day job requiring that kind of math so I haven't totally forgotten college trig.
(01-25-2014, 01:09 PM)HansW Wrote:  the next release will include options to "move to" instead of teleport and it will use the loaded navmesh to find a proper position near the target when teleporting (if close enough). That will keep you out of walls and objects if the map is properly meshed.
Thank you HansW. <3
love this makes TPing through quest chains so awesome.
This is Great!
i have map-click to teleport and map-click to travel working, should be in one of the next updates. It works best with a 100% mesh but short range will work without any mesh.
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
I can't replace / rename or delete waypoints.