Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Game Crashing
Whenever I launch the bot now the game crashes, even before the menu opens. The bot initialises and the game instantly freezes and crashes. I've re-downloaded the entire bot and deleted all files then run the updater and that didn't help. Also downloaded from the website again and tried updating with that in a new dir and the game still crashes.
are you running the bot as admin are you using the GUI_launcher? are you using FFXIVMinion_launcher? have you disabled automatic updates?
automatic updates are eanbled, running as admin and using the in game minion launcher and not the gui.
my game is crashing aswell, dont everything and tried re installing still same thing.
I also am having crashing issues, right after it says success i get the game crashing issue. I tired activating it differently and in different areas to see if that could of been the issue somehow with no luck :/

Seems only a few of us are having issues, maybe it has to due with the set up or injecting it into the client. I still keep trying to no avail if I find anything that works I will re-edit.

As far as framework that is always up-date and would have been my first go to if it was not and my Minion was working aprox 10 hrs ago and nothing has changed since then to my knowledge unless the ff launcher ninja installed something.

I did not see Minion update anything went right to the blue screen to ask which instance.
and no no add-ons, exactly how the devs have suggested to launch minion, and auto-update is on.

Out of all possibilities I can think of off hand is the launcher ninja installed something that is causing an issue.
make sure your .net framework 4 is up to-date or doesn't need any repairs.. How are you launching the game and the bot? What kind of rig are you running on? do you have any add-ons? how did you extract the minion files? are you running any thing else that attaches onto ffxiv?
What I have found is it has something to deal with FFXIVMinion_Launcher, when I run the gui directly it runs just fine. Hopefully next update fixes whatever issue is causing this.

I just use the Gui for now since that way it works and for the others who are having an issue and want to try it my way all i did was load the gui(if it asks where to boot from just find where your ffxivboot.exe is.)

From there just add your account info and let the gui take care of the rest.

So after playing with the gui and having it load that way and going back to using the launcher even while in game seems to be working now but the only issue now is it won't allow me to run 2 instances of minion one will crash the other as far as why not sure, it do know that it crashes when I ask it very gently to work with my second instance.

So with both instances of FFXIV up and neither of them running minion I use the minion_launcher.exe it gives me 2 choices A or B. When I choose A it loads into into A just fine but if I choose B with or without A running minion it always crashes :/ any ideas on how to fix that?

No I do not have auto login enabled so I always manually put everything in, the strange part is if I chooce B I don;t even get the login bars it just crashes. Works perfectly fine if I choose A.
(02-19-2014, 06:43 AM)Signature Wrote:  make sure your .net framework 4 is up to-date or doesn't need any repairs.. How are you launching the game and the bot? What kind of rig are you running on? do you have any add-ons? how did you extract the minion files? are you running any thing else that attaches onto ffxiv?

up to date. no add ons, using win rar extracted to a new folder. Nothing else attaches to ff14 and i was using the non gui method of launching the bot in game but even the GUI method is crashing too so there is currently no way to run the bot.
if you have any d3d enhancers or overlays tools running, you need to disable them. The bot works perfectly fine. So it has to be something on your system that keeps it from doing so.
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
(02-19-2014, 08:53 PM)HansW Wrote:  if you have any d3d enhancers or overlays tools running, you need to disable them. The bot works perfectly fine. So it has to be something on your system that keeps it from doing so.

no overlay or enhaners/tools/anything just vanilla bot and game. Worked fine previously and I changed nothing. However haven't been able to test since the bot is out of date of course due to the patch.