Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Game Crashes
(02-20-2014, 04:51 PM)klepp0906 Wrote:  to be fair, it could be! (even though argueably common sense should indicate the aforementioned even if that was the case)

I think the reason people get so negative about this is due to the fact that just like every game update requires a bot update, every game update also brings all of the "game crashing" posts.

(02-20-2014, 04:51 PM)klepp0906 Wrote:  with that said, will their be a post when the update is ready? Id assume so, as starting the bot to see if it updates would be fine (if it didnt crash ffxiv each time) lol.

If you look through the announcements section (especially now that Hans moved this mornings announcement), you will notice that yes there will be some kind of post in reference to it being ready.

(02-20-2014, 04:51 PM)klepp0906 Wrote:  how long do these updates usually take?

This is a tricky one to answer, there is no "usual" time. It takes as long as it takes for them to feel comfortable that they did everything they can to get it working and keep us safe.
ya like riptide said the usual time it takes is "when its done" depending on how much the game changed how much digging the devs have to do to find the changes it can take a while.
(02-20-2014, 05:00 PM)r1pt1de Wrote:  
(02-20-2014, 04:51 PM)klepp0906 Wrote:  to be fair, it could be! (even though argueably common sense should indicate the aforementioned even if that was the case)

I think the reason people get so negative about this is due to the fact that just like every game update requires a bot update, every game update also brings all of the "game crashing" posts.

(02-20-2014, 04:51 PM)klepp0906 Wrote:  with that said, will their be a post when the update is ready? Id assume so, as starting the bot to see if it updates would be fine (if it didnt crash ffxiv each time) lol.

If you look through the announcements section (especially now that Hans moved this mornings announcement), you will notice that yes there will be some kind of post in reference to it being ready.

(02-20-2014, 04:51 PM)klepp0906 Wrote:  how long do these updates usually take?

This is a tricky one to answer, there is no "usual" time. It takes as long as it takes for them to feel comfortable that they did everything they can to get it working and keep us safe.

well min/max. I dont mean this in a condescending way, but "im not a moron" lol. Im sure it varies and varies to a great degree, however with the smaller type patches.. how has the time fared with other similar patches?

Should I (we) expect it to be back up today or should I expect otherwise?

I'm sure i speak for everyone when I say, i'd much rather play by hand (actually just did my roulette by hand and its a good thing imo, keeps you polished persay) and have it be safe when it comes back up, then come back up and have something overlooked that results in crashes or bans.

Either way thank you for the thorough reply :)
It depends on kind of patch, when they add new content then really often many bot offsets change. They have to trace all that changed and remplace it by the new ones wich require Low to extreme work depending on kind of patch.

So.. usually it takes 30 min -1 hour when it is a small patch

for big patch .. cant say .. it can take up to 1-2 day ( i rarely have seen it down more then 1 day).

Also.. when the update takes to long(rare) they usually add 24 hours to your subscription.
Being that I'm sure they've been at it all day (I know I'm still at work) I have this feeling it will be up ASAP. 1-2 business days is a reasonable expectation.
(02-20-2014, 06:09 PM)etb Wrote:  It depends on kind of patch, when they add new content then really often many bot offsets change. They have to trace all that changed and remplace it by the new ones wich require Low to extreme work depending on kind of patch.

So.. usually it takes 30 min -1 hour when it is a small patch

for big patch .. cant say .. it can take up to 1-2 day ( i rarely have seen it down more then 1 day).

Also.. when the update takes to long(rare) they usually add 24 hours to your subscription.

Oh, thats really cool (not necessary but cool) regarding the additional time. I guess this isnt really a "small" patch but certainly not a .1/.2 etc content patch either.

Hopefully its getting close. Normal id swap over to wow but as luck would have it, they patched today too. Go figure. Considering ffxiv usually patches mondays and wow usually patches tuesdays (and did this week) these extra's are a pain in my neck.

Ice cold here in MI so options are limited >.>

(02-20-2014, 08:02 PM)pcspores Wrote:  Being that I'm sure they've been at it all day (I know I'm still at work) I have this feeling it will be up ASAP. 1-2 business days is a reasonable expectation.

I asked for min/max and i got it LOL. If it takes 2 days im likely to go stir crazy, but as you said.. hopefully it will be up ASAP.

Still gotta cook dinner for the wife so I can kill another hour or hour and a half lol.
I know this might sound silly...

But maybe you guys could just try "playing" the game for awhile lol
not as silly as it sounds suggesting something we've all already done :P

Why do people post stuff like that? Honestly curious. Is it some type of superiority complex? Like we arent capable of playing by hand but you are? I'd reckon the vast majority here have done a metric fuckton of hand playing before ever even HEARING of a bot. Some of us played mmo's long before blizzard was even a proposal on a sheet of paper. (ie: a time when bots were very far from promenent let alone mainstream) but im getting off topic here.

Point is - if we wanted to play by hand, we wouldnt be on a bot-site. Before you suggest that we wait and be patient and its "done when its done" dont forget, we are the ones paying.. they are the ones collecting :P

WoW/hb is done updating so ive been using that/there but id prefer to be in ffxiv by a longshot so i am checking back (about 12-14 hours after my first post, all spent playing by hand. you'd be proud!)
(02-21-2014, 03:41 AM)klepp0906 Wrote:  not as silly as it sounds suggesting something we've all already done :P

Why do people post stuff like that? Honestly curious. Is it some type of superiority complex? Like we arent capable of playing by hand but you are? I'd reckon the vast majority here have done a metric fuckton of hand playing before ever even HEARING of a bot. Some of us played mmo's long before blizzard was even a proposal on a sheet of paper. (ie: a time when bots were very far from promenent let alone mainstream) but im getting off topic here.

Point is - if we wanted to play by hand, we wouldnt be on a bot-site. Before you suggest that we wait and be patient and its "done when its done" dont forget, we are the ones paying.. they are the ones collecting :P

WoW/hb is done updating so ive been using that/there but id prefer to be in ffxiv by a longshot so i am checking back (about 12-14 hours after my first post, all spent playing by hand. you'd be proud!)

Why...so...Serious??