Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
FFXIV Current Progress Update / Beta Information
(03-07-2014, 07:05 AM)atmarkham Wrote:  
(03-06-2014, 05:21 PM)f3re Wrote:  
(03-06-2014, 04:01 AM)atmarkham Wrote:  I used to have problems like this. Repeatedly got told it was my addons, my ISP, my client. What was odd was it never did it without the bot running. I could log in the client by itself and stay logged in for 3-4 days without a crash or d/c. A previous update to the bot took care of 95% of the disconnections/crashes.

Just out of curiosity...what evidence do you have that an "update to the bot" fixed the issues. How do you have any idea that it wasn't fixed due to changes at your isp server hardware, or some other routing issue that was fixed in a pipe 300 miles from you?

Also, how could you stay logged in for 3-4 days without the bot running? Did you stay at your keyboard and anti-afk manually the entire time?

Only evidence I have of an update fixing it was I ran it one day. there was an update, and after it stopped doing it almost completely. I went from being disconnected every 15-30 mins to it only occurring rarely while changing zone. At the same time running the bot was dropping me 15-30 mins I would log in without it and have no issues. Furthermore, it's quite simple to make a macro that sends a spacebar to the game randomly every 10-15 mins to do away with the nasty afk logout, or you can simply sit there in your crafting log and the game wont log you out.

anedotical evidence at best. To small of a subject pool. SE has already claimed since 2.15 there are issues with crash/90k and while changing zone crashings.
(02-28-2014, 04:03 PM)f3re Wrote:  Greetings Minions.

It's been awhile since we talked about FFXIVMinion progress so here's a little bit of information about our current project status and road map for the future.

The MarkerManager project has been completed and is ready for beta testing. This completely replaces the gathermanager/meshmanager marker functionality and provides a single location for managing all your markers.

[Image: Wo6DRph.png]

You can select three different marker modes:
  • Single Marker
  • Random Marker
  • Marker List

Single Marker will use only the marker you've selected in the "Marker Name" drop box. Random Marker will make random choices from your available markers of the current type, and Marker List will use markers from the Marker List displayed in the window. Each marker in the list is dynamically created a button which can be used to edit the marker fields any time. You can move markers up or down in the list as well as removing a marker from the list or deleting it completely. There is no more "ignore marker level" checkbox as this functionality is handled automatically now if the bot cannot find a marker of the appropriate level.

Furthermore, the new marker system makes it extremely easy to modify markers or create new ones. This means faster updates for marker change requests and makes it very easy for addon devs to create new custom markers for their addon functionality. The code has been committed to our beta branch in github and is currently undergoing internal testing.

With the MarkerManager complete we are currently devoting all scripting resources to questing. We have all the client data necessary to do quests and are working on the profile design and script setup. The design is mostly complete and we are moving into implementation/testing this weekend. I feel confident that we will have fully scriptable questing within a month, using the same profile system as the duty code (with different table parameters of course). fxfire has also created a fancy quest profile gui builder for GW2Minion (QuestManager) that we will most likely be porting to FFXIV for those that want to create profiles using the bot interface rather than a text editor.

When the questing system is complete, the next major framework project will be a rewrite of the duty code to use the optimized profile system developed for questing. The goal of this project will be to make duty mode more stable, remove as many of the timers as possible, and generally cleanup/optimize the current functionality.

Other Projects
The relogger is still being worked on - it's turned out to be much tricker than originally anticipated and has required some major rewrites. We will update you as progress continues. AOE avoidance is also still in the works; we've prioritized marker fixes/questing over AOE for the moment since its quite a difficult project but its still on our list of high priority additions.

Beta Launcher
We will be releasing the MarkerManager, Questing, and a big chunk of other fixes/optimizations as major update FFXIVMinion v1.5. First though, we will need lots and lots of testing as almost half of the base framework has been modified/rewritten. Rather than pushing it on users in the release build, we will be releasing a beta launcher in the next week or so that will allow you to run/update the beta version of the bot with the new functionality. We will make another announcement along with instructions when this is available. Please help us test the functionality thoroughly so that when we push it to release we can be confident it will not break your farming/grinding/gathering/dungeoning fun.

As always, thanks for your continued support of our product and rest assured we are still working hard to improve it.

Sounds excellent. AE/Boss attack avoidance will be HUGE. Much more important to me than a relogger or marker manager. but you listed your reasons for doing it in that order and it makes perfect sense. You guys are easily the most complete bot on the market by a landslide.

Would love to see the duty botbase expanded upon as well. I believe all the navmeshes are already in place and assume once the avoidence gets coded for all the bosses its going to open up a ton of doors for everyone.

Aaaanyways. was hoping this thread had something to do w/ why my bot just crashed and stopped working 5m ago but i digress. Off to troubleshoot some more >.<
not to dig a horse or anything, but when duty was released there was mention of interaction for looting purposes being put in. And the person qouted a few days, and its been months. Is the interaction a huge process? Or is it simply pushed behind markers and such. All understandable just checking to make sure its still on the table.
The duty code will be expanded, its still a priority. Ideally we will provide a framework that allows custom scripting of duties for a full party that will allow you to farm them legitimately without using teleport. I've just finished some bug fixes on the world navigation task and we can now get the bot to navigate unassisted between any two maps, using teleport if an aetheryte is available. We'll be releasing the beta launcher this weekend so that you can get the new code and start testing it, and questing tasks will be arriving on the beta branch shortly now that world navigation is working properly. FFXIVMinion 1.5 will be a huge release that expands the current functionality massively and refines some of the current systems to make them easier to work with. After that release we will shift focus back to investigating aoe avoidance and then hopefully expanding that into a better duty framework. I agree that aoe is still a huge priority and have no intention of forgetting about it.

To reference your specific question, I believe ace is working on a task for interacting with and looting chests now...we'll add it to the beta branch once its working, and be sure to thank him for the effort.
f3re, please provide a nice update list so we can see all the things that have been changed/added when the new version is out :)

I love reading update logs :D
Yeah I had spoken with Jackie and Ace yesterday, I guess they both spoke to you and figured out the commands or whatever from you guys. Ace actually joined us over on NA Goblin so when he has it ready we'll be testing it. Thanks Fire for the update/information. Sounds like 1.5 is gonna be bad ass.
Coulda swore I saw a suggestions forum, or was it a specific thread? Anywhere we should/could put suggestions for bot features?

I know something ive found myself wishing i had several times is a way to transplant or better yet save skillmanager individual profiles to transplant.

let me explain a bit better just in case.

Lets say you have multiple profiles for one class and one profile you prefer overall, is missing a spell/skill that another profile has. Even worse it is loaded with variables. It would be nice to be able to simply right click copy/paste that specific skill with the same parameters from one profile to the next.

Or to expand upon that... say you xclass cure on almost all your classes and in doing so, you use the same parameters. Lets say - under 70% hp. Being able to save a "profile" for that specific spell the same way you save a macro so you could just insert it and have it pre configured in any profile you wish.

Hope this makes sense. Not sure if its even possible and i'll gladly post elsewhere - just say the word :P Figured id get it out there before I moved on to something else and forgot by accident. I have a horrendous memory and im a busy bee :{
Any news about those updates we all waiting for ? :)
Sir is there anything we can do against the AFK status while bot is working. Some people may detect that your afk but your toon is grinding. ty
(11-12-2014, 07:52 AM)jcanthony Wrote:  Sir is there anything we can do against the AFK status while bot is working. Some people may detect that your afk but your toon is grinding. ty

System Configuration -> Other Settings -> Time Before Auto-AFK = Off