Thread Rating:
  • 26 Vote(s) - 3.96 Average
Atn: Multiple Account Botters.
basically you bottle neck is going to either be CPU or GPU and most likely you will hit the CPU bottle neck before anything. So a good multicore processor would be nice. but you have to be careful that you are getting a "true" multicore processor. some intel processors are 12 core but they are really 6 cores and 6 virtual cores. you cannot run a game on a virtual core. So in this 12 core set up you really have 6 cores to work with. so 8 accounts on this processor would look like this for core allocation.

Game core
1 1,2
2 3,4
3 5,6
4 7,8
5 9,10
6 11,12
7 1,2,3,4,5,6
8 7,8,9,10,11,12

this would give you a balanced load.

an 8 core amd procoessor is 8 physical cores. so you can actually run a game on all 8 cores

game core
1 1
2 2
3 3
4 4
5 5
6 6
7 7
8 8
So the AMD 8core processor is generally the better choice? Also with the GPU cards im guessing the higher the number the better? So a GTX 780 > 760? So which of these is generally better?

2 x ATI Radeon R9 270X - 2 GB - CrossFireX Setup

2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti - 3 GB - SLI

Im guessing the nividia as there is a big price difference but is it worth it?
Both with still be able to run games out in like 5 years time?
Thanks
you dont want to use crosffire or SLI when botting. you want to split the load. Crossfire and SLI only work when in full screen mode.

so you would hook up 2 different monitors to each card. you would also what to try and get 3gb cards. the gtx 780 and the r9 270x are not comparable cards the gtx You should compair 780 to the 290x. My self i am an AMD fan always had really good luck with AMD and the $/performace you get more bang for your buck. a 400$ amd card is better then a 400$ Nvida card.
Yea i heard AMD great bang for buck, Was only comparing them 2 cards as the website i was using semmed to only have that ATI option and alot of Nvidia. Will shop around some more but yea will prob go with AMD and look into ATI. Thanks for all your help Jackie.

On a similar issue, anyone Know any good PC building sites in UK they had good experience with?
Damn Jackie! That's an impressive setup! I love it. How are you mounting the monitors? You have the bracket on a wall or the desk? Are you running through DVI or HDMI? Been looking at upgrading mine for a while now, nothing too drastic right off the bat, but I'm definitely looking at more than 1 monitor. :P Maybe go with a 2nd monitor for now, until I get a 2nd card, and then work on 2 more monitors. I've got one of those heavy duty glass desktops, do they make mounts for those that would work with 4 monitors like yours? Or should I just bracket that to the wall?

With your AMD System, do you use the Overdrive Utility? Or the open source hacked AMD Utility? (forgot what it's called) It's been a while since I used AMD.

I also wanted to ask, how does minion work with multiple games? Do you have to purchase more than 1 key? Or does Minion attach to all available FFXIV Processes?
i have a 4 bracket system that mounts to the desk and i'm using dvi
(03-09-2014, 05:48 AM)dirin Wrote:  I also wanted to ask, how does minion work with multiple games? Do you have to purchase more than 1 key? Or does Minion attach to all available FFXIV Processes?

You have to have a minion key for each instance of minion that you want to run at once
Awesome. Thanks r1p. :)
Hey guys do I need something special to open more than 1 client?
Like a special program or something?
no you do not the bot will remove the limit. just attached a bot.