Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Im not sure whats going on lol, had 4 ppl in WP runs last night, all of them using duty 1 of them got 72 hour notice while in the middle of run but the other 3 didnt.
Maybe they are using server side logging to detect teleporting, out of area, damage taken, etc.?
I still think 99% of these bans are from player reports due to careless botting in the open world or even in fc with mixed members. And i believe the coil suspensions were auto suspend by program due to certain (dev input)criteria being or not being met. The fact that all of these are on a temporary basis means one thing... They do not have solid and direct evidence or proof of actual misdoing on your part. All they have, is a) a player report suspecting you of cheating. B) the software flagged your account due to conditions being met in the new coil(most likely just timestamps, certain events not going off). So they "suspend" your account to determine if they can prove that you actually did something wrong, this is how a zero tolerance policy works. If they can not prove you did something wrong within the time your account is suspended, your account will be released to you. If they already have the proof when they suspend you for whatever time it may be, why suspend and not ban right away? RMT's get banned right away no suspension first.

The moral of the story is this. Always be mindful of what you are doing, be aware of the people around you. If you spend 99% of the time in your inn room, whats stopping a person from reporting you as a bot when they search the whole world and ALWAYS see you in a party in your inn room..or even after noticing your name, doing direct search for you and seeing that you pop in and out of dungeons every 2 minutes.

The biggest issue seems to be the grindy nature of the new patch... Most people that actually take the time to do the farming NOTICE YOU all the time, chances are they will report you.All of the Legit crafters who mainly make money with myth/GC seal items, will now probably tend to look for botters and report right away simply for economical reasons.

What everyone doesnt realize, is that even-though the servers might seem large as hell to you population wise, They are pretty small compared to other mmos, and honestly EVERYONE knows eachother or seen eachother for the most part. It's not that hard to point out a botter who has gone afk for hours and is still doing the same thing non-stop. Or no-one has played with you, but has seen you forever and you are decked out in top tier gear. We tend to stand out. YOU have to do your best to blend in with the crowd.

Now that i think about it Even the Coil suspensions could have been due to player reports, simply because of fc, ls or even friends lists. Like I said there are many people on each server who look for us and do not hesitate to report you simply out of jealousy or whatever it may be...

Point of the story is this Don't stand out. That's all.
And I 100% agree. 10hours unattended in one zone (yes it took that long, and then some for one of the atmas) running similar paths every time which aren't efficient/straight line looks funny. I rolled the dice, I 7'd out. Not really worried about it all that much.
i would stay away from botting the new content. People are gonna get pissed and report you. Stay away from Coil 7-9 and atma fates. YOu probably can do them in 2 or 3 weeks.
I just got a 72 hr suspension on one of my accounts, while farming atma (not afk) someone /s I had a cure bot because my WHM was curing everyone in the fate, I logged off, next day I logged in I received the suspension notice.
I didn't do any WP farming, I did the story by hand.
I don't buy gil, or sell gil, and have not beat T7.

Lesson:
don't use WHM to farm atma, you can use any other job which is way easier anyway.
turn off outside cures to non pt members.

this was obviously player reported, there are many players that try to be SE detectives and are looking for bots, I got caught. Although I feel it was a very small offense, I am pretty sure it is going to be a perma-hammer.
Curing people is a legitimate way to do fates though unless they changed it recently. You could cure other people in the fate and it gained you credit as surely as doing damage. Granted many players are simply too uncaring or lazy to do fates this way, I don't think they would ban you on the premise of curing players alone.

What I have seen them do is take multiple reports very seriously. If someone gets enough people to report you they may just do w/e they want.
(04-09-2014, 03:49 AM)chharith Wrote:  I just got a 72 hr suspension on one of my accounts, while farming atma (not afk) someone /s I had a cure bot because my WHM was curing everyone in the fate, I logged off, next day I logged in I received the suspension notice.
I didn't do any WP farming, I did the story by hand.
I don't buy gil, or sell gil, and have not beat T7.

Lesson:
don't use WHM to farm atma, you can use any other job which is way easier anyway.
turn off outside cures to non pt members.

this was obviously player reported, there are many players that try to be SE detectives and are looking for bots, I got caught. Although I feel it was a very small offense, I am pretty sure it is going to be a perma-hammer.

Just curious, if it's a 72 hr suspension, how are you sure it will turn into a perma-ban?
(04-09-2014, 03:49 AM)chharith Wrote:  I just got a 72 hr suspension on one of my accounts, while farming atma (not afk) someone /s I had a cure bot because my WHM was curing everyone in the fate, I logged off, next day I logged in I received the suspension notice.

My point Exactly! But why would you just Log off instead of saying "wtf are you talking about?" The first rule, when being confronted by a player who accuses you of botting is DENY DENY DENY. Not insta log off.... That just Screams I'm guilty!

But this Just proves my point that all of these 72hr suspensions are coming from PLAYER REPORTS. Which they HAVE to investigate But zero tolerance means you're suspended during investigation WITH 0 PROOF except for an angry report from a player.

The only people I would exclude from this are the original 24 that got suspended for most likely beating coil "too fast" and being flagged by system during update, because they spent a full week online and didn't get suspended until the system did a check for timestamps during Update.

If you read official ffxiv forums people are witch hunting for botters simply out of spite.
(04-09-2014, 04:16 AM)lantus Wrote:  Just curious, if it's a 72 hr suspension, how are you sure it will turn into a perma-ban?
They did that in XI (72 hour ban -> permaban).