Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
If you read official ffxiv forums people are witch hunting for botters simply out of spite.
[/quote]

Amen. I haven't even botted yet (purchasing when I get home), but I do use Splashtop to access my home computer. It is laggy as hell and my movement can be erratic. As a result, people think I bot and wave to me. Sometimes I get tells from people asking "Are you a bot?" The self righteous idiots on the official forums are the worst. These are the same people that complain about turn 2 enrage and speed running. They must be a joy to deal with in real life.
Quote:Just curious, if it's a 72 hr suspension, how are you sure it will turn into a perma-ban?

that's how it was in ffxi, they just started perma banning people after the investigation period. which sucks, because players are very jumpy to report botters so they can brag about catching a botter, they can just get a FC or LS to help with the report.

I say we botters get together and just report those "Detectives" for botting, that would be a troll of a lifetime :D.
(04-09-2014, 05:26 PM)chharith Wrote:  
Quote:Just curious, if it's a 72 hr suspension, how are you sure it will turn into a perma-ban?

that's how it was in ffxi, they just started perma banning people after the investigation period. which sucks, because players are very jumpy to report botters so they can brag about catching a botter, they can just get a FC or LS to help with the report.

I say we botters get together and just report those "Detectives" for botting, that would be a troll of a lifetime :D.

What's stopping such "detectives" from googling FFXIV bot, and coming across the minion website, Making an account here, Joining any one of the random posts looking for members to tele farm with on their server..... As soon as you let them in.. Now they know all the botters in your FC or LS..... And they report all of you simply out of spite...... I don't see this as being a far off assumption as to the means these people will go to to get rid of bots. just think about that.
3 of us here (separate guys) with 72 hour/perma bans

no regrets <3
Time Period: Apr. 3, 2014 to Apr. 9, 2014
- Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT advertising: 525
- Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT/illicit activity: 812
- Action Details: Permanent ban from FINAL FANTASY XIV

As a note, included in the above tally are the players we reported about previously who were found to be using illegitimate practices in “The Second Coil of Bahamut”; these players have received suspensions, and any gained items have been confiscated.

Like I said before, Everyone who got Suspended for beating coil too fast, got just that! a suspension and any t8-t9 items taken away from them(SE showing they got but hurt)..So point of the story is This.... If your account gets flagged with RMT activities you are fucked. But if you get flagged with just cheating for personal gain, you get your goodies taken away and cant play your toon for a few days.

How many of you folks that got 72hr suspensions, Now have your accounts back?
still waiting on time to expire.
Pretty sure mine should've expired at 6 a.m. this morning but I'm still suspended.
still suspended. no big deal, just too bad because I was pretty attached to that account.
it ends at midnight?
For example if you were banned at 2pm on the 9th you will have to wait till 12pm of the 9th + 72 hours from then?
So for myself it "should" be 4-6 hours depending on time zone. (Currently 22:15)
SHould be midnight for me, we'll see