Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Paladin Profile?
SO yea, as luck would have it - you HAVE to tank in order to get your relic for the tank classes. Being the completionist that I am.. i plan on doing this. However I would rather spare myself and others the torture of a fail tank so if their is a high quality profile out here for PLD (and war while we're at it since ill be doing that too) i would be forever in your debt :)

I used the one that came w/ the bot to level but like most jobs i didnt realize i'd ever end up playing, i did it solo :P Now seeing how dps heavy the game is I woudnt mind having a tank to fall back on but i dont desire it so much to play it by hand. I know their is no way to get around using provoke by hand (is there?) but as far as emnity generation and combos i know that a profile can optimize tht to a great degree. (now that i think about it, i thought i saw something about aggro in skillmanager) Could be wrong, and not sure if that can be translated into provoke xxx mob when aggro hits 0 or something.

ANyhow, you guys who play a tank would know much better than I :)

As usual, thank you for the help! Community might be small, but its certainly filled w/ cool ass dudes.
again... lol my PLD 3.0 profile works perfect. I used it to Tank in Coil never had any issues with it. you really should download my skill manager pack. the only time you need to ever use provoke is on tank swap mechanics. Threat generation is so high from tanks in this game you dont need provoke. all it does put you at hte top of the emnity meter +1 so its used for tank swap mechanics. it is not a taunt. same goes with my warrior profile if you are already 50 the war3.0 profile is awesome.
question then, assuming im offtanking w/ your warrior profile - which skills should i disable? since warrior doesnt have a "provoke" persay, and i assume you have it set up for max threat generation. Should i just disable all skills that generate emnity and fill in by hand w/ dps combos?

I dont intend to tank just yet - however i am going to do the relics and i dont want to be stepping on toes or pulling aggro off of the real tank persay >.> Will simply disabling defiance be adequate or?
if you are off tanking as a warrior you shouldnt disable any skills. you have 2 debuffs that are put on the boss. So you will generate less threat then a PLD. But its more hten any dps. and wariors get provoke too you Cross class it.
as you can tell - im new to tanking :) but now having done the relic run thru baby primals w/ both pld and war, off tank and main.. I prefer PLD and prefer to MT lol. Off tanking as paladin is easily discernable, disable shield oath/enable sword oath.

Warrior, i imagine you just disable the skill that adds 20% hp (name slips memory) but with you saying not to disable anything (you mean other than that one right?) otherwise you'd be competing for aggro i imagine.
no you dont disable anything. you would never catch agro from a PLD. a PLD has 1 combo and it all generates threat. YOu have 3 combos you have to do and only 1 generats bonus threat. You will not pull off the PLD. As a warrior you leave every skill enabled even off tanking. because it allows you to use warrior skills that are awesome.
Hello Jackie1234,

I used your PLD3.0 profile for a week and It's great.

But it has a MAJOR drawback : everytime it use either Shield swipe or Circle of scorn, the
pld combo reset back to Fast Blade and skip Savage Blade/Rage of Halone, resulting in a great loss of dps.
(and even a rise of TP consumption)

A solution to this problem and the dps rotation would be perfect.
Do you think this can be fixed ?

Thanks ^^
this is nothing to do with the skill profile and should probably be addressed in my thread not here but, its a limitation of the bot its self and it is addressed in the beta verion of the bot i believe. But on note of TP usage. Shield swipe is our best Damage/emnity per TP cost skill. it does insane damage and because of our oath it generates alot of emnity. So you should always use it on proc because you will gain TP you gain more TP in that GCD then you spend. but the starting back at fastblade i think has been addressed in the beta version.
Cichard, can I get a link to your PLD profile?
its in teh sticky of the skill manager forum section.