Thread Rating:
  • 26 Vote(s) - 2.96 Average
New Launcher
(07-18-2014, 02:45 PM)minionmona Wrote:  
(07-18-2014, 02:39 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  
(07-18-2014, 02:32 PM)go6sGCr Wrote:  
(07-18-2014, 07:21 AM)fxfire Wrote:  click twice where / what ?

I start teh launcher, click start, done.

Click to attach then click to select process. Is there a method that doesn't require you to do this?

yes lol fill out the gui_Launcher and save the accounts.

[Image: 3QTVarN.png]

This is GUI from beta bot?

no beta does not have a gui_launcher. He was asking about the "Attach bot" button And i am showing him that you can jsut set it up like this and not use the attach bot button.
(07-18-2014, 02:39 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  yes lol fill out the gui_Launcher and save the accounts.

Is this the part that requires FFXIV username and password? Because IIRC it won't work if I use a security token.
(07-18-2014, 02:52 PM)go6sGCr Wrote:  
(07-18-2014, 02:39 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  yes lol fill out the gui_Launcher and save the accounts.

Is this the part that requires FFXIV username and password? Because IIRC it won't work if I use a security token.

then remove your security token silly. Its not needed anyways.
(07-18-2014, 03:31 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  
(07-18-2014, 02:52 PM)go6sGCr Wrote:  Is this the part that requires FFXIV username and password? Because IIRC it won't work if I use a security token.

Respectfully, that is not a solution for the following reasons:
1) The previous launcher worked with a security token, so what you have done is reduce the usability for the new launcher when compared to the old one in this use case.
2) Requiring users to change their behaviors in order to have your program work as intended creates a poor user experience.
3) Belittling users for opting to use the security token is insulting. I hope that you didn't genuinely mean to insult me, but I am not sure how else to take your comment.

It sounds like this isn't the feedback you want to hear.
Your answer certainly implies that my concern isn't important to you, which is definitely not the answer I want to hear.
I would say this leaves us at an impasse, but realistically all this means is that you have one unhappy customer out of thousands and as such there is no incentive for you to change. So all that happens is I lose.
(07-18-2014, 03:57 PM)go6sGCr Wrote:  
(07-18-2014, 03:31 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  
(07-18-2014, 02:52 PM)go6sGCr Wrote:  Is this the part that requires FFXIV username and password? Because IIRC it won't work if I use a security token.

Respectfully, that is not a solution for the following reasons:
1) The previous launcher worked with a security token, so what you have done is reduce the usability for the new launcher when compared to the old one in this use case.
2) Requiring users to change their behaviors in order to have your program work as intended creates a poor user experience.
3) Belittling users for opting to use the security token is insulting. I hope that you didn't genuinely mean to insult me, but I am not sure how else to take your comment.

It sounds like this isn't the feedback you want to hear.
Your answer certainly implies that my concern isn't important to you, which is definitely not the answer I want to hear.
I would say this leaves us at an impasse, but realistically all this means is that you have one unhappy customer out of thousands and as such there is no incentive for you to change. So all that happens is I lose.

the gui_launchers have NEVER worked with Security token. the old ffxivminion _Launcher did which you can still launch the bot similar using the "attach bot" button. You how ever didnt want to do a 2 step process you wanted to do it with 1 click... so i gave you the example of how to do it. And i wasnt insulting you im just saying in general security tokens are worthless and are not needed whats so ever. Your accounts not gonna get hacked or stolen if you dont do dumb things like give out your password or login to others or dont use the same password username combination on other sites. i dont see how you got an insult out of the word silly i was just being friendly. If you dont want to use the attach bot button then you have to use the account info and remove the security token. The choice is yours i was just giving you options.
(07-18-2014, 04:06 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  the gui_launchers have NEVER worked with Security token. the old ffxivminion _Launcher did which you can still launch the bot similar using the "attach bot" button.

The old launcher did not need ANY interaction. I just double clicked on the launcher and it would attach automatically. THIS is the functionality that I'm looking for, and confused about why minion devs took it away.

(07-18-2014, 04:06 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  And i wasnt insulting you

Fair enough, it was hard to tell.

(07-18-2014, 04:06 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  im just saying in general security tokens are worthless and are not needed whats so ever. Your accounts not gonna get hacked or stolen if you dont do dumb things like give out your password or login to others or dont use the same password username combination on other sites.

I can think of several ways that your account could be compromised without giving out your password or resuing your password:
1) keyloggers
2) man-in-the-middle attacks (outbound proxies, poisoned dns, etc.)
3) shoulder surfers

Regardless of whether you believe me or not, there is a sizable population of people who use security tokens...this is a fact, not an opinion. Are you really saying to them that they must change their behaviors in order to receive the same streamlined experience that they did before the gui launcher?

It sounds like I'm not convincing anyone though, so I'll just let this topic drop. Thanks for answering my question.
To be fair, there isnt really difference between old launcher and new one now. As a fact, the new launcher makes it easier to attach bot.

Old Launcher :

1. Run program as admin
2. select 1 client to attach to
3. If you pick the right one, bot attach to it. If you pick the wrong one, client gets close down and you restart the process.

New Launcher :

1. Run the launcher one time
2. Pick one client to attach to. That's it. There is no way to pick the wrong client since the launcher only shows clients that are not attached with a bot.

I use security token. New launcher works better than old one.
(07-18-2014, 04:18 PM)go6sGCr Wrote:  
(07-18-2014, 04:06 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  the gui_launchers have NEVER worked with Security token. the old ffxivminion _Launcher did which you can still launch the bot similar using the "attach bot" button.

The old launcher did not need ANY interaction. I just double clicked on the launcher and it would attach automatically. THIS is the functionality that I'm looking for, and confused about why minion devs took it away.

(07-18-2014, 04:06 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  And i wasnt insulting you

Fair enough, it was hard to tell.

(07-18-2014, 04:06 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  im just saying in general security tokens are worthless and are not needed whats so ever. Your accounts not gonna get hacked or stolen if you dont do dumb things like give out your password or login to others or dont use the same password username combination on other sites.

I can think of several ways that your account could be compromised without giving out your password or resuing your password:
1) keyloggers
2) man-in-the-middle attacks (outbound proxies, poisoned dns, etc.)
3) shoulder surfers

Regardless of whether you believe me or not, there is a sizable population of people who use security tokens...this is a fact, not an opinion. Are you really saying to them that they must change their behaviors in order to receive the same streamlined experience that they did before the gui launcher?

It sounds like I'm not convincing anyone though, so I'll just let this topic drop. Thanks for answering my question.

what are you talkinga bout ITS exactly the same as before instead of launching ffxivminnion_launcher. exe you launch GUI_launcher.exe and use the attach bot button. its exactly the same. Well I have 32 FFXIV accounts i have 50 Diablo 3 accounts i have 10 eso bots i have 5 wildstar bots 10 wow bots and have botted multiple games for years in all those times i've never had an account comprimised. Be smart about where you go what you download and you wont get keyloggers. and im sure some guy is gonna try and steal your ffxiv account lol they are like 15$ on amazon.... anyways. You can just use the bot just as easily as you did before with a key you just cant take use of the relog function the gui_launcher has. You wanted a 1 step process for logging in to your accounts well dont have a one time password and you can. other wise you are stuck to the 2 step like before.