Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
UI wont load properly
Config 
Since the GUI update I am unable to run minion properly, I have asked on the live chat but they could not find the reason why.

When loading minion and attaching the bot, it shows up without a background and red/yellow text.
EG: http://mmominion.com/attachment.php?aid=2134
I am able to log in if i click the right areas (which is hard with no boxes) but it loads up the bar at the top, also no background & in yellow text,. but it will not load any of the minion boxes etc.
[Image: oiy6v8.png]

Anyone else having this problem or know of any solutions? I have re-installed minion several times (not update, a full re-download etc) and it still wont work
I am have the same problem. I have tried just about everything. I have all the updates that was asked for. I even downloaded window essentials (seeing no reason why this would make it work) but still with no luck. I don't have any AV software install and any other programs that would block it that I know of. I'm running both on admin but Minion does not want to load correctly. From videos and screenshots it looks like the GUI is not even loading right. The log in to Minion does not even have boarders less if you are in the character select screen. I have talked to a few people in the IRC chancel but with no luck. Hope we can get this work soon.
are you guy srunning hte game as full screen or borderless full screen? should run the bot in window mode.
tried running in all 3 modes, bot crashes the game in full-screen mode, and in the other 2 modes it ends up like so.

I prefer to be able to play the game in borderless windowed mode, but if the only way to fix minion would be to play in windowed mode i would do that ATM.

Any reason as to why this is happening?
I'm running in window mode.
where is your bot installed to ? did you create a shortcut to the launcher ? if so, hows the working directory set for the shortcut ? Your launcher either cant access the registry properly or you are starting the launcher from the wrong directory. The bot can't find texture file for the gui thats why it looks like that. It also can't find any lua modules, thats why you only see the menu.
I have installed the bot in a few different locations. But I have a 2nd HDD that has nothing else on it that i have installed it on. And i am use "FFXIVMinion_GUI_Launcher.exe" that was in the folder after installing. Where do you suggest to install it at?
I used to have it installed in my documents > my games > FF14 > minion, changed it to D:/Minion after being recommended that in live chat, still dosn't work. Used to work fine in my old folder. Running from a shortcut or directly from the folder both have the same effect
D= "D:\\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\\Projects\\FFXIVMinion\\Release"
And turned off antiviruses when tryign as requested, no joy.

This sounds like we may be getting somewhere though, there is no such folder as "Documents" in my D: drive.
Okay if you are running windows 7. Goto start and where it says "search for programs and files" type in "msconfig" with no "" and press enter. Now in the "General" tab I have selected "Selective startup". Now under the "Startup" uncheck "Microsoft Security Client". And under "Services" tab uncheck "Security Center" I think that maybe the one that is blocking it. I did stop other programs on start up. But I say start with that one. If that one does not work let me know and i will make the full list of what programs I stopped.

EDIT: sorry thought this fixed the problem. Well after stopping some of the process did let the bot start up right after restarting the pc. I did get it to start and had the gathering bot to run. But shortly after that it did stop working. So I think its something that take a min to load after restarting. Because when the bot stops working I will try to close and reopen up minion. And i'm back to square one with it not loading anything.