Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
2.3 fishing bug
so ive been having a problem with fishing in the beta and live version of minion.

ok so the bot runs to the node and fishes fine sometimes but it seems that if minion needs to face you a diffrent direction to fish something bugs out, it seems that the bot is not syncing your position and any mobs disapear from the screen and it give a error message that "you can not fish here" even though on my screen im facing the right direction and the cast line button is highlighted. but if i just tap any direction on mouse/controller it syncs back and the mobs re appear then i can fish again. so my guess is whatever method the bot uses to auto face you the right direction is causing your character to not be registered on the games side.
yeah thats why you need to make sure you place the node as close to the edge of hte water. are you Teleporting? if your teleproting that would be why. I dont think TPing is supported for fishing.
that is not the problem ive been using these markers and fishing for months now. and even if i drop a marker in the middle of a river/pond where my character is surrounded by water it still does it. like i said my toon is facing the right way on my screen and the "cast" ability is highlighted but it give me the "you do not sense any fish here" message as if my character is not facing the right way.

and no im not using teleport i turned that off thinking the same thing and it still does it. it has to be something bugged withthe way the bot auto faces you when it reaches the marker.
not sure if the update this morning was to fix this bug but it is still happening, if not lets hope for a fix soon im dying to do some serious fishing but the bug is making it impossible to fish without manually moving yourself at each node.
you having problem like me "you can not fish here"
Im trying to set new mesh still got same problem need to Admin fix it.
I will investigate this some time today and report back.
glad to hear this is being looked into, i have been dying to do some serious fish grinding for my CUL desynth skilling. i have temp. found a fwwwix for it using a macro recording program to press foward on my character at set intervals to get it to fish again.
you can level fishing in about 2 hours from 15-50 just using your leve allowances
i have 50 fisher, i meant i need to do some serious fish grinding to get 1and 2 star fish for de-synthing on culinarian. the fish have a chance to get the new summer gear that is worth alot of gil right now and also you can get grade 3 clear demimateria worth 5k to vendors.