Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
2.3 fishing bug
(07-13-2014, 03:19 PM)bandit420 Wrote:  that is not the problem ive been using these markers and fishing for months now. and even if i drop a marker in the middle of a river/pond where my character is surrounded by water it still does it. like i said my toon is facing the right way on my screen and the "cast" ability is highlighted but it give me the "you do not sense any fish here" message as if my character is not facing the right way.

and no im not using teleport i turned that off thinking the same thing and it still does it. it has to be something bugged withthe way the bot auto faces you when it reaches the marker.

Same this is happening to me, however, my current workaround is to pivot my character. Not sure why this works, because the character is facing water and with the fishing icon available. When I do pivot my toon, the message "you do not sense any fish here" goes away and the automation of fishing will continue, until it hits that speed bump of a new node.

For now I can't walk away from it, but it's better than it sitting there doing nothing. I just have to remember the marker time(s), or my screen will get flooded haha.

I've auto fished my i70 weapon for fishing so node placement/config should not be the problem, however it can be(before I was using beta). So if you need more info on my end please let me know and I will deliver.
This is happening to me too... It's annoying since I am trying to fish up ** fish for desynthesis and I cannot leave the pc unattended for more then 30min at a time.

Do we have any idea of when/if a fix will be available?
Sorry guys, I still haven't gotten to this. I am stretched pretty thin right now and haven't fished my 50 fisher since 2.1 so I had to spent a lot of time gearing up and just generally figuring out WTF I'm supposed to be doing again lol. I'm pretty sure I know the issue, and I have several countermeasures, I just need to test and verify.
I'll have a fix for this in the next beta update.
Avoid fishing altogether until the fix is in guys. I had a friend watch me to see what happens when I arrive at the node, your character teleports to a random spot on the map until you move, then you suddenly appear at the marker again and start fishing. It is very sketchy and if I escape a ban after fishing overnight then I'd be surprised.
^ Having same issue. It's less of an inconvenience and more of a hazard in using MMO Minion (Teleporting without user's consent)
Please stop spreading false reports. Nothing about fishing does any teleporting. Teleporting is never done without user consent, it is always based on that option being on.
The fix is already in, end of discussion. Use the beta version for fishing. The live version will not receive any updates on this.
I tried the beta version, fishing markers still do not work. Bot moves to marker and ff14 sys message pops on screen saying that you do not sense any fish here. Same thing with both live and beta versions...
(07-27-2014, 08:55 PM)Ace Wrote:  Please stop spreading false reports. Nothing about fishing does any teleporting. Teleporting is never done without user consent, it is always based on that option being on.
The fix is already in, end of discussion. Use the beta version for fishing. The live version will not receive any updates on this.

False? That is laughable, you are clearly not aware of what the issue is. I've gone through the effort of compiling a number of screenshots to demonstrate what the real problem is in both the live and beta version. This was performed less than 30 minutes ago on the beta client, enjoy.

---> Fishing and teleporting, the MMOMinion story. <---

Of course, I'm happy to be proven wrong and called an idiot for the rest of my life. Please tell me where I've gone wrong. This has been happening since 2.3.
Its not false. I have a few running between markers the beta isn't giving me the no fish message like the current version BUT it is showing me invisible on all of them when I watch them UNTIL I take control or click something myself. I came across this when I went to trade one and was trying to figure out why I couldn't see it until I stopped it and took control and it suddenly appeared.
Fishing seems kinda broken in 2.3 atm :(