Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
2.3 fishing bug
(07-28-2014, 01:52 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  well ace already told you this doesnt happen with beta bot. So i dont know what other word you need

I've had the same problem and confirmed the teleporting with a second character.
It's a shame when a customer tries to help correct faults in the beta and then gets told that shouldn't happen in a program that is still in testing phases. Especially when there is sufficient proof. Sadly they don't spend more than 5 seconds looking at it and can't even realize its been recorded from a 2nd person POV.
(07-28-2014, 02:00 PM)freedom Wrote:  
(07-28-2014, 01:52 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  well ace already told you this doesnt happen with beta bot. So i dont know what other word you need

I've had the same problem and confirmed the teleporting with a second character.
It's a shame when a customer tries to help correct faults in the beta and then gets told that shouldn't happen in a program that is still in testing phases. Especially when there is sufficient proof. Sadly they don't spend more than 5 seconds looking at it and can't even realize its been recorded from a 2nd person POV.

well when we ask to see Screen shots of settings and console when reporting a bug we would assume they would show us these pictures from the bot having the issue not another bot following the bot....
(07-28-2014, 02:00 PM)freedom Wrote:  

No one is going to KNOW there is a second character if you don't clearly state it. You can record from the bot as well. There is no way to tell. That is why it is important to post details even if it's borderline stupid.

Especially if you are posting a screenshot, people assume its from the bot character especially if you includes UI.

Clearly, neither of you know how to file a proper bug report.

1. List what you have done to correct the issue
2. List settings ( better with UI SS ) when error occurs
3. Clearly state the step you did to produce the bug.

"OMG its broken" with lackluster details doesn't help anyone.
(07-24-2014, 11:34 PM)Ace Wrote:  Sorry guys, I still haven't gotten to this. I am stretched pretty thin right now and haven't fished my 50 fisher since 2.1 so I had to spent a lot of time gearing up and just generally figuring out WTF I'm supposed to be doing again lol. I'm pretty sure I know the issue, and I have several countermeasures, I just need to test and verify.

(07-26-2014, 09:51 PM)Ace Wrote:  I'll have a fix for this in the next beta update.

(07-27-2014, 08:55 PM)Ace Wrote:  Please stop spreading false reports. Nothing about fishing does any teleporting. Teleporting is never done without user consent, it is always based on that option being on.
The fix is already in, end of discussion. Use the beta version for fishing. The live version will not receive any updates on this.

(07-28-2014, 01:49 PM)Likoska Wrote:  
(07-28-2014, 01:42 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  [Image: 4JCaNuj.png] this clearly shows the GUI for EA.... and this clearly shows the GUI of the beta bot [Image: aky5Mpq.png] so with seeing this you may think i dont speak english its clear you need glasses.

Jackie, I'll make it clear for you since you don't seem to understand. The screenshot you just posted is from the perspective of the recorder, it is not the character that is fishing.

This is the screenshot from the album:

[Image: ZzUFbwn.jpg]

This is the same screenshot minus the cropping:

[Image: a210a59842.jpg]

Do you understand now? Thanks for wasting my time, I won't be replying to you any further. Waiting for Ace's word.

what more word are you waiting on.
Jackie, it is clear that Ace was not aware of the teleporting bug, so Likosa posted the screenshot evidence of unintentional teleporting. All your comments regarding Likosa have been unnecessary because you were too busy looking for fault in the person posting the problem and trying to undermine him/her than actually looking at the problem at hand.

Maybe if you actually tested this in game yourself instead of trying to prove yourself right when you're clearly not you would have realized the problem.

(07-28-2014, 02:08 PM)random73 Wrote:  No one is going to KNOW there is a second character if you don't clearly state it. You can record from the bot as well. There is no way to tell. That is why it is important to post details even if it's borderline stupid.

Especially if you are posting a screenshot, people assume its from the bot character especially if you includes UI.

Clearly, neither of you know how to file a proper bug report.

1. List what you have done to correct the issue
2. List settings ( better with UI SS ) when error occurs
3. Clearly state the step you did to produce the bug.

"OMG its broken" with lackluster details doesn't help anyone.

Clearly you cannot read the large text captions on every picture of the album detailing what is happening, I'll make it easier for you.

[Image: df48ce7e35.png]
You do know people also use "recorder" to infer a recording program ? Again, it's ambiguous and clearly you do NOT have the grasp of English language. You THINK it's clear but it is NOT for other people. When you ask people to ASSUME things, it is NOT clear.

Do you need more language lesson ?
(07-28-2014, 02:39 PM)random73 Wrote:  You do know people also use "recorder" to infer a recording program ? Again, it's ambiguous and clearly you do NOT have the grasp of English language. You THINK it's clear but it is NOT for other people. When you ask people to ASSUME things, it is NOT clear.

It was quite clear in the screenshot album it was being recorded from two different characters in more than one picture.
[Image: d43767eb86.jpg]

Clearly there is two people there, but I understand it may have been hard for you to comprehend that when you're too busy trying to prove someone wrong than actually examine what has been posted.

Regardless, both of you trying to put the blame on the person trying to help the issues instead of having a codial conversation really puts a negative view on people trying to help in these support forums.
(07-28-2014, 02:51 PM)freedom Wrote:  
(07-28-2014, 02:39 PM)random73 Wrote:  You do know people also use "recorder" to infer a recording program ? Again, it's ambiguous and clearly you do NOT have the grasp of English language. You THINK it's clear but it is NOT for other people. When you ask people to ASSUME things, it is NOT clear.

It was quite clear in the screenshot album it was being recorded from two different characters in more than one picture.
[Image: d43767eb86.jpg]

Clearly there is two people there, but I understand it may have been hard for you to comprehend that when you're too busy trying to prove someone wrong than actually examine what has been posted.

Regardless, both of you trying to put the blame on the person trying to help the issues instead of having a codial conversation really puts a negative view on people trying to help in these support forums.

still you havent shown the bug how you caused the bug under what circumstances it happens. cause im testing fishing right now and its not Teleporting.
Not blaming anyone. It just doesn't help when the post is not clear to anyone but yourself. It's good that people want to help, but lack of details helps no one. It is the same as "omg its broken, please fix it"
i can confirm as of this morning it it still broken in the beta version.
i will post some screenshots and possibly a video to show the bots behavior later today when i get home from work.