Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
2.3 fishing bug
(07-28-2014, 04:37 PM)bandit420 Wrote:  i can confirm as of this morning it it still broken in the beta version.
i will post some screenshots and possibly a video to show the bots behavior later today when i get home from work.

im not saying its fishing properly that your not getting ingame cant fish here stuff but im saying mine isnt teleporting.
Jackie, I sent a video to fxfire about what I think this guy is talking about. I'm getting the exact same as this guy. Sometimes the no fish here message sometimes it does fish,. This is all on the beta. And the as for the teleporting the only thing I've seen is it walking to the other location but it vanishes from my screen and doesn't show up until i move it manually which is show in the video I'll pm you.
Hmmm.

I'm amazed about support team's behavior. Honestly, you need to be better than this. Some, doing great, but others ... just wow

Just remember this : we paying monthly fee to get support.

You guys have a great program, but your support level is kinda very low.

I'm having some issue at gathering too and I couldn't identify the problem, but I fear you guy gang on me hahaha ( j / k )
It's not teleporting, it may appear to an outside user as that, which may be some sort of syncing issue, but it could be likely a sync issue of the viewing user. I would have to double check to confirm that the movement is properly clearing all flags as it should, but it's no different than standard movement in Grind, PVP, etc. Fish doesn't have a separate movement convention other than to make sure it faces the proper direction when it hits a marker, so if it is broken, they are all broken.

If you're getting a "can't sense fish here" message, you need to set your timer shorter on the marker.
If it is not facing the proper direction at a marker, you need to delete the marker and create a new one while facing the exact correct position. It uses this H-value as it's positioning, so if this value was recorded incorrectly, it will face the wrong direction 100% of the time.

I will fire it up again later and have another bot follow my main to see the results.
Found a slight syncing issue, though I can't say I would ever misconstrue it for teleporting, it may bother some people, so I went ahead and tweaked it somewhat, which should also alleviate some of the facing issues. Tested for a while with the following user NOT running minion, which is a pretty key factor. Fix will be in the next update.
(07-28-2014, 09:16 PM)Night2020 Wrote:  Hmmm.

I'm amazed about support team's behavior. Honestly, you need to be better than this. Some, doing great, but others ... just wow

Just remember this : we paying monthly fee to get support.

You guys have a great program, but your support level is kinda very low.

I'm having some issue at gathering too and I couldn't identify the problem, but I fear you guy gang on me hahaha ( j / k )

its not anyone ganging up on anyone. The issue is for us to really trouble shoot the problem we need details. he started off being smart first... by saying "prove me wrong" We need info details how to reproduce. Because i couldnt get this bug to happen on any of my computers with live or beta. If people want to be constructive and be polite then they will get that in return people want to be rude and jerk they will get that in return. I am friendly and helpful by nature i help a ton of people as often as i can. But when people are rude to me or rude to others i tend not to be so nice but i still try and help them.
(07-28-2014, 10:37 PM)Ace Wrote:  It's not teleporting, it may appear to an outside user as that, which may be some sort of syncing issue, but it could be likely a sync issue of the viewing user. I would have to double check to confirm that the movement is properly clearing all flags as it should, but it's no different than standard movement in Grind, PVP, etc. Fish doesn't have a separate movement convention other than to make sure it faces the proper direction when it hits a marker, so if it is broken, they are all broken.

this is what i posted the problems was in my OP. the bot moves to nodes and fishes properly but when you come at the node from a angle and when it reaches its marker and auto faces you the right direction it de-sync's you and all the npc/mobs/players disapear from your screen. if you come at the node from a straight line it will work fine as long as it doesn't have to turn you.

(07-28-2014, 10:37 PM)Ace Wrote:  If you're getting a "can't sense fish here" message, you need to set your timer shorter on the marker.
If it is not facing the proper direction at a marker, you need to delete the marker and create a new one while facing the exact correct position. It uses this H-value as it's positioning, so if this value was recorded incorrectly, it will face the wrong direction 100% of the time.

the error message that you get "you can not sense any fish here" is not the same one you get from fishing a single spot to long which is "the fish sense something amiss, please try another location"

the error message "you can not sense any fish here is from trying to fish in a direction/location that you cant fish from which is a dead giveaway that your not sync'd to the server and even though your ability is lit up your actually not in a correct location /direction to fish.
(07-28-2014, 10:37 PM)Ace Wrote:  It's not teleporting, it may appear to an outside user as that, which may be some sort of syncing issue, but it could be likely a sync issue of the viewing user. I would have to double check to confirm that the movement is properly clearing all flags as it should, but it's no different than standard movement in Grind, PVP, etc. Fish doesn't have a separate movement convention other than to make sure it faces the proper direction when it hits a marker, so if it is broken, they are all broken.

If you're getting a "can't sense fish here" message, you need to set your timer shorter on the marker.

I will fire it up again later and have another bot follow my main to see the results.

I apologise for coming across as rude initially. When someone claims your report as false on a technicality, it can be agitating. Regardless of what the issue really is, if someone is walking by and they see you disappear every so often, they will see that as teleporting and file a report to the GMs. Myself and everyone else that has run into this issue since 2.3 is in danger and I wanted to make sure you were aware that the issue existed.

As bandit420 has pointed out, there are two distinct errors that currently occur while fishing. One is "The fish sense something amiss.", this is normal and shows up if you fish at the same spot for too long. The other is "You do not sense any fish here.", this is our current syncing issue and the bane of our existence.

Thank you for the help, I'll get to testing in a moment and see what I come up with.
Some preliminary testing before the next update is out. I deleted the entire beta folder and started fresh, copied the navmesh files over and created two fishing markers for the test.

1. The observer is on a clean client (The initial discovery was observed with the same method, unlike the second test shown in the album).

2. I made sure to hug the edge as close as possible, while facing toward the water. I always select spots that allow the bot to face the water as it runs toward the marker, to avoid any turning/facing issues.

3. Went through all the options and made sure nothing could obstruct with the test (Teleport, etc.).

Observation: Started the bot, uses sprint and stands there for 5-10 seconds. Starts running toward the marker, reaches it and faces the correct direction. The message "You do not sense any fish here." begins to flood the screen. Checked the bots surroundings, all the mobs and the observer have disappeared. Checked the observers client, the bot has disappeared and everything else appears normal.

Moving or turning the bot immediately makes them reappear at the fishing location and start fishing, noted on the observer client. Turned off the bot and moved away from the fishing marker, kept on repeating the above process. Small sample size but the syncing issue occurred 8 out of 10 times.

Here is the console at the time of the test, the bot will endlessly spam the lines in the second picture until you either move the bot or turn it off.

Console Image 1
Console Image 2

Hope this helps, probably useless now if the new fix works.
The newest update should clear the issue. If for some reason it doesn't, I'll do something slightly more drastic. Bait setting should be fixed as well.