Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
2.3 fishing bug
The fishing markers seem to be working again now on the live version. Thanks for the fix!
just tested this out on the beta and everything seems to be working again, its equipping bait and no sync issues either ^^.

thank you so much i am one happy fisherman Expect
Everything is looking good, haven't encountered an issue in the last hour. Thanks.

I spoke too soon. After five hours of running the bot, the message had appeared at two markers. It is a vast improvement compared to yesterday but still a minor cause for concern.
Working better but I still get the "Don't sense any fish here" very rarely.
In the few cases you're seeing it, I would need to know more about the why of it. Is it unable to sense because it was turned too far left, or too far right, not close enough, or was it faced exactly as it should be and could be corrected by simple right-click adjusting the character manually (indicating a sync issue).
OK, so after more testing and using different nodes and zones it seems like its still having a sync issue sometimes when your character has to auto face more then a few degree's(like if you have to turn more then 45 degree's in either direction)

if you come at the node from a fairly straight angle it works fine but on some nodes the bot auto faces you like 180 degree's to face the proper direction to fish and then it doesn't seem to sync right and gives the error message.

on a good note though it doesn't seem to completely un-sync now your toon doesn't teleport to some random spot or the mobs/npc's/players don't disappear from your screen.

im just shooting from the hip here but maybe instead of the bot auto facing you the way it does, is there a way to just make the bot turn your character(say using the A and D buttons to manually turn) instead of the auto facing the bot does now?
dunno if this is the same, I don't know if I have sync issues, but no fishing node works for me, unless it's directly in the water. Bot runs to the marker, and I get "No fish here" message, until I move the bot a bit. This is on a small selfmade mesh (Oschons Torch) in either live and beta.

Edit: It seems, as someone noted, that the problem has to do with angle, I have three markers at Oschons Torch, one of them is approached frontal (i.e.a 90°), there's no problem, the other two are approached more sideways, and although I do see the bot turn, the problem pops up until I hit "W". Maybe try to let the bot move the last yalm straightly?
Unrelated, but I have 3 markers set in an area and 1 marker further away. Is there a way for the Beta bot to do what the Live bot does and cycle between markers? I have the times set so they move, but in the Beta version, the bot only moves between the 3 nodes closest to each other, ignoring the 4th. The Live bot has no problem doing this, but fishing on Live doesn't work.

When the "Fish sense something amiss here" message pops up, moving to a new zone (ex: Roots Lake > Goblin's Meet) and fishing for a second removes the message.
(07-30-2014, 09:48 PM)Ace Wrote:  In the few cases you're seeing it, I would need to know more about the why of it. Is it unable to sense because it was turned too far left, or too far right, not close enough, or was it faced exactly as it should be and could be corrected by simple right-click adjusting the character manually (indicating a sync issue).

the sense is when you fish at a location to long. or your not staying at each marker long enough to have the previous ones reset. i find that 6 markers far a part with 300-400seconds each marker gives enough time for the first marker to reset by the time you get back to it.
Ok, I am running 3 markers at 800 each, will report back if the issue arises.