Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
2.3 fishing bug
(07-31-2014, 01:56 AM)jackie1234 Wrote:  the sense is when you fish at a location to long. or your not staying at each marker long enough to have the previous ones reset. i find that 6 markers far a part with 300-400seconds each marker gives enough time for the first marker to reset by the time you get back to it.

actually you only need to cast your line in another fishing location 1 time to reset the other one, i normally set 2 markers in the location i want to fish(say orcheons torch for sov's) around 1500-1800 each then make 1 more marker( ex. candlekeep quey) in a diffrent fishing location thats close by and set it to a really low number so it just casts 1-2 times then goes back to my first marker. never had any issues with the "amiss" message and this also keeps me fishing the spots i want for longer.
The marker is being skipped for a reason, something like min or max level.
It's using the same min/max as my other markers (1-50) so that shouldn't be the issue. If what jackie suggested works out then it's not really a problem for me. Maybe for the bot's overall functionality it could be looked further into.
(07-31-2014, 03:37 AM)bandit420 Wrote:  
(07-31-2014, 01:56 AM)jackie1234 Wrote:  the sense is when you fish at a location to long. or your not staying at each marker long enough to have the previous ones reset. i find that 6 markers far a part with 300-400seconds each marker gives enough time for the first marker to reset by the time you get back to it.

actually you only need to cast your line in another fishing location 1 time to reset the other one, i normally set 2 markers in the location i want to fish(say orcheons torch for sov's) around 1500-1800 each then make 1 more marker( ex. candlekeep quey) in a diffrent fishing location thats close by and set it to a really low number so it just casts 1-2 times then goes back to my first marker. never had any issues with the "amiss" message and this also keeps me fishing the spots i want for longer.

that doesnt seem to be the case in my testing.
(08-01-2014, 02:03 AM)jackie1234 Wrote:  

not sure what to tell you. i have been using this method with other fishing bots before i got minion also and has never failed, i on average catch 20+ sov's in a 8hr session doing this since it is fishing at torch location 95% of the time. the main point is after you fish in 2 spots in the same fishing spot a long as you move to a completely different fishing area in either the same zone or another zone it will reset your first location.

im not sure if gear has anything to do with the length of time you can fish or not but my fisher is fully melded HQ AF gear with the i70 tool and hat.
That's definitely the best way to go about it bandit420. I have two markers, one with 1800 seconds and the other with 90 seconds. You only need to fish at another pool once to reset your main fishing location.
^ This is the easiest way to get rid of the problem because some areas don't have enough water to set 6 markers far away from each other.

It might not be working for you (jackie) because you have to move to a location 2 zones away. Example: 2 markers @ Oscheron's Point, 1 marker @ Moraby Drydock's Aetheryte. God's Grip (next closest zone) doesn't work.
(08-01-2014, 02:57 AM)bandit420 Wrote:  
(08-01-2014, 02:03 AM)jackie1234 Wrote:  

not sure what to tell you. i have been using this method with other fishing bots before i got minion also and has never failed, i on average catch 20+ sov's in a 8hr session doing this since it is fishing at torch location 95% of the time. the main point is after you fish in 2 spots in the same fishing spot a long as you move to a completely different fishing area in either the same zone or another zone it will reset your first location.

im not sure if gear has anything to do with the length of time you can fish or not but my fisher is fully melded HQ AF gear with the i70 tool and hat.

OH a totaly new pool i gotcha. I just set up multiple markers in same pool just far away and dont have the issue. I get what your saying now.
I think that "reset" technique is new, I don't remember that being possible like a year ago. Though it works, and makes some things easier
^ But it is still not working for me on the Beta bot. The bot only cycles through the 2 nodes (3 in my case) and ignores the last node.