Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
Ace's Beta Hunt
Hi,

I thought I'd take a look at the hunt in the beta bot, but can't get it to work ;)

I'm in central Thanalan, map ID shows 141. I dropped 12 markers with each 60secs time. I set the bot to "hunt", but it doesn't move... anything else to check?

Edit: forgot to check console... it says
"failed with [string "......./ffxiv_task_hunt.lua"]:340: attempt to index local 'newLocation' (a nil value)"

there's the "add Location button in Hunt Manager, what does it do? Sounds like there's something missing ;)
Add location is just to add maps that you want to switch around. You can give each "location" a certain time and the bot will teleport ( using ingame teleport ) to the next map with markers.

My guess, your first marker is where you hit the enable bot ? The bot will stay at the marker for 60 sec as you set before it moves on to the next one.
ok, clear about location... already thought so, since it added the current map ID ;) So it's ok when that list is empty as its by default?
I already thought about the initial marker location and moved away, and then started, but just get that message flooded in console and nothing happens, so it's something different.
You will need at least ONE location so the "Locations" can not be empty.
ok, I added the location, but still nothing but a lot of console errors
Hmmm...are you sure you dropped the hunt marker ? ( they are purple )
yup, sure... I see them in the List under hunt Markers, and they are pinkish ;)

[Image: 8]

[Image: 2vacjg4.png]
freshinstall or overwrite live bot?
i have beta in a separate directory.. it had some updates of course ;)
ok yeah just wante d to make sure you didnt just switch from live bot to beta bot in same folder