Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
Square Enix Taken Action Towards Minions
(07-25-2014, 02:12 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  54 accounts that engaged in illicit activities have been given a temporary ban, and 12 accounts have been permanently banned.

I dont think this is anything to worry about. i bet the 54 temp bans where people TPing in turn 6-9. the 12 perma where probably ones that got temp banned the first time around. 54 accounts is nothing.. i have 32 accounts my self lol and none touched. no need to be up in arms here. lol

Wow 32 accounts? Care to share how you do or is it just a bottomless hole money wise?
(07-25-2014, 03:33 PM)Henji Wrote:  Wow 32 accounts? Care to share how you do or is it just a bottomless hole money wise?

Just think about it a minute.

4 Accounts runs Wanderer's Palace 24 hours a day 7 days a week with an average of 20k gil per hour per character (or more I think his was 28k per hour?).

Thats millions of gils per week for 4 accounts

Now what do you do with such a fountain of gil?
You sell it to Gil sellers.

Gil Sellers need supplies of Gil and they dont do it all by themselves.
You get paid for the gil you sell them, which they then sell at a profit.

Do that, Times 8 (32 accounts) and you can be sure your accounts, bot subscriptions and whatever computer upgrades were needed - are all paid for and probably with extras in his case.

I'm just starting but I'm not planning on selling the gil, just make my own to supply myself so I'm not going all out to have 32 accounts.

Start with 4 and go from there, see how the experience goes and maybe eventually enlarge the operation.
5 accounts was banned of mine due to massive TP in puplic and massive reports. Butt I have finished my goal o getting my main to total ilvl 110 with 2 novus weapons. The banned was for 3 days and i'll go back playing with more caution, so nothing to worry about.

Dear Customer,

We are writing to inform you that we have suspended the FINAL FANTASY XIV service account registered to this e-mail because on 07/25/2014 you breached the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement. 

We have confirmed that you have violated the following rules and agreements upon an investigation.
------------------
SQUARE ENIX ACCOUNT TERMS OF USE AND OUR PRIVACY POLICY
1. Registered Users
Use of the Website or Services is limited to those satisfying the following conditions:
(b) You represent and warrant that all registration information is truthful and accurate and that you will maintain the accuracy of such information;

FINAL FANTASYR XIV User Agreement
2.1 Cheating and Botting. You may not create or use any cheats, bots, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized software designed to modify the Game and gameplay. In addition, you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay.
------------------

The suspension will last a minimum of 72 hours starting upon receipt of this e-mail notification until 07/29/2014 0:00 (GMT) during which time you will be unable to access FINAL FANTASY XIV or your service account.

For information on the penalties we take against service accounts, please review the Account Penalty Policy section on the Support Centre at the following link:
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqart...&kid=68098

For information on prohibited activities in FINAL FANTASY XIV, please refer to the SQUARE ENIX Account Terms of Use, the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement, and the following URL:
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqart...&kid=68216

You cannot create another FINAL FANTASY XIV service account for the duration of the suspension.  If we find that you have created another FINAL FANTASY service account, we reserve the right to suspend that account as well in our sole discretion.  Any further breaches may result in your service account being closed.

NOTE:  If you suspect the breach resulted from unauthorised access to the FINAL FANTASY XIV service account or the actions of an unauthorised third party who is not your parent or legal guardian, or you want to find out more about the content of this e-mail, please review the following information on the SQUARE ENIX Support Centre.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqart...&kid=68228

This is an automated message. Please do not reply to or send any correspondence to this e-mail. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, we ask that you please visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Centre at http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php?la=2.

- SQUARE ENIX Account Administrator
It does say it will last a MINIMUM of 72 hours.
Two users banned here, on my account I didn't teleport on hunts, did duty runs for novus though.
My friends account was used to teleport on hunts, however they didn't do novus or duties.
What do you mean duty runs for novus ?
Lost city runs, however party makeup was correct and tbh that was quite a while ago now in comparison to my friends use of teleport in hunts (not obvious ones either, always away from players, in safe parties).

We never used in game chat to communicate, always voice chat.
were your account banned before ? That's one reason I can think of. If your group were banned before, their tp hunt might have dragged your character down with them.
Yeah I originally got suspended for second coil, my own fault obviously, however I can't pin point the cause for a permanent ban. I took part in hunts normally, and tbh in the last month I haven't really used minion much at all, except to maybe assist mode.

My friend has received the 72 hour min ban, and I have a permanent ban, even though I technically did less haha :)
SE probably just bin you all together since you were caught last time together. They probably just assume you all tp in coil, now you all tp in hunt together.

You should try hard to appeal your ban.