Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Fisher trying to go somewhere else?
I'm trying to bot as fisher but it seems like it's hopping on chocobo and trying to go some place else rather than the spot I'm trying to fish.

For example, I'm trying to fish at Oschon's Torch (Lower La Noscea) but the bot just went to The Salt Strand..
Yes I've set the GatherManager to Oschon's Torch

Also, if the spot ran out of fish, won't it wait for a bit before trying to fish again not spam the cast? I get "The fish sense something amiss. Perhaps it is time to try another location" all over my screen.
the probably is that the markers for the bot are set with levels ranges you cannot control what marker you bot fishes at unless its by level range or by time. So if you are level 50 fisher and there are in a lower level area and fishing say lvl 25 markers and you ahve ignore marker level checked the only way to control what marker you go to is by time. Unless you Delete all the other markers you dont want to use.

This is what you need to do. Dete all fishing markers you have. Go to the area you want to fish out and spread out say 6 markers around the area you want to fish pretty good distance for each other. Set a timer of like 300 seconds on each marker. The bot will stay at each marker for 300s then move to the next one this is how you dont get the fish sense something spam message. read the tutorial on markers on how they work and on fishing as well.
ah lab yo

(07-27-2014, 02:08 AM)jackie1234 Wrote:  Set a timer of like 300 seconds on each marker. The bot will stay at each marker for 300s then move to the next one this is how you dont get the fish sense something spam message.

1 is to 1 second right? nothing like 1000 = 1 second?
Also, why can't this face the right way (facing the water to cast) to fish? I mean when it moved to the other spot, sometimes it's not facing the water to be able to cast.
make sure the marker is very close to the water.
(07-27-2014, 04:11 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  make sure the marker is very close to the water.

Hmmm.. I did that, 'til the character can't move any farther. I think that's also the cause of moving to next mark right away (I already have six that is far from each other but same area). What my bot does is go to the first mark then leave right away to go to the next mark and it keeps doing it.. There's one time that it casted the rod but the bot is already facing away (about to leave) so it made error in game (not crash).

EDIT:: Actually.. even if I face the bot manually to the water, it leaves right away to head to another mark..
I was fishing at 2.2 by old mesh can run all day but 2.3 have this word when change mesh "you can not fish here".I was try to set new mesh and different map still cant do it.
(07-27-2014, 05:41 PM)newnewne Wrote:  I was fishing at 2.2 by old mesh can run all day but 2.3 have this word when change mesh "you can not fish here".I was try to set new mesh and different map still cant do it.

mesh has nothing to do with it markers maybe but not the mesh.
I already posted a thread about this issue and a DEV said he was going to work on it. The marker issue is known but not fixed. You can put the marker in the center of a pond and it still wont fish...
(07-27-2014, 06:03 PM)that1guy Wrote:  I already posted a thread about this issue and a DEV said he was going to work on it. The marker issue is known but not fixed. You can put the marker in the center of a pond and it still wont fish...

Can you link the thread? so I can watch it when it's gonna be fixed