Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
Some suggestions for the program
(08-26-2014, 04:41 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  this isnt other bots. its simple dont use legacy camera mode... its crap anyways. If you want to use assist mode face your target. :) even in legacy camera mode you still have to "Face your Target" to shoot at it. You cant turn your characer's back to the target and shoot it. Yes it doesnt turn the camera but the overal function is the same. If the bot auto faced the target even in legacy mode. It would run stop run stop run stop because its turning yoru character to face the target to shoot at it.
When you auto face your target to fire abilities in legacy camera it doesn't disrupt your ability to move at all, whether you're doing it by the in-game option, or through however other bots do it. Great customer service, thanks guys.
(08-26-2014, 08:49 PM)Ichiba Wrote:  
(08-26-2014, 04:41 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  this isnt other bots. its simple dont use legacy camera mode... its crap anyways. If you want to use assist mode face your target. :) even in legacy camera mode you still have to "Face your Target" to shoot at it. You cant turn your characer's back to the target and shoot it. Yes it doesnt turn the camera but the overal function is the same. If the bot auto faced the target even in legacy mode. It would run stop run stop run stop because its turning yoru character to face the target to shoot at it.
When you auto face your target to fire abilities in legacy camera it doesn't disrupt your ability to move at all, whether you're doing it by the in-game option, or through however other bots do it. Great customer service, thanks guys.

I'm sorry but im trying legacy mode right now... and you cannot run away and shoot at the target at the same time. you must STOP to cast. You cannot cast and move. So if you enable auto face target and have the bot on. The bot will try and cast which will cause you to STOP moving to try and cast then you manually have to start moving again which then the bot will cause you to stop because it wants to cast. You cannot Cast and move at the same time. Just because this bot doesnt support legacy mode doesnt mean we have poor customer service. it means the bot just doesnt support legacy mode. I guess you can ignore all the other customer requested features that have been added to the bot. I'm sorry if not every feature can or has been put in(which does not make it poor customer service).
(08-26-2014, 08:49 PM)Ichiba Wrote:  

Just because they don't add stuff you wanted, they are giving bad customer service ? ROFL Awkward
(08-26-2014, 09:18 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  I'm sorry but im trying legacy mode right now... and you cannot run away and shoot at the target at the same time. you must STOP to cast. You cannot cast and move.
If you mean while using the bot, then yes, that's my whole point, it doesn't work. If you mean while not using the bot, then I guess your game is broken or you're misunderstanding me or something. In legacy camera mode the direction your character is facing determines what you can cast on and it isn't tied to the camera at all like in standard mode. If you have "Automatically face target when using action" enabled under Character Configuration > UI Settings > Target while in legacy mode, you can move any direction, and the game will make your character instantly turn to face the enemy and fire an ability when you use it. It doesn't matter what direction you're running, the automatic facing from the in-game option doesn't stop you or slow you or change your camera or interfere with your movement in any way. If you want to be able to sidestep and backpedal so you can keep getting your autoattacks, you can just press a button to lock on. If you want to run directly away from the enemy in standard, you have to whip your camera sideways and start strafing, and if you use an ability while doing this you have to be both controlling and moving your camera while doing this otherwise either your camera snaps back to the enemy screwing up your movement, or you can get a weird problem where you start moving relative to where your camera would have been when you faced the enemy even though your camera didn't move. If you don't have the autoface option on, then you can't use an ability at all. If anything it's standard camera that's crap.
I don't even see the point of discussing or arguing about this issue. It is not in the bot, they don't consider it a bug since it wasn't supported in the bot for some reason. Minion navigates differently from other bot. It might be a huge task to accomplish this and it might be be a good use of time if only a handful of people using this. Judging from people who actually asked to have this feature, I would say it's not even an issue for most people. Either you can deal with it or you can not use it. Debating this is not going to change anything.
(08-28-2014, 09:45 AM)Ichiba Wrote:  
(08-26-2014, 09:18 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  I'm sorry but im trying legacy mode right now... and you cannot run away and shoot at the target at the same time. you must STOP to cast. You cannot cast and move.
If you mean while using the bot, then yes, that's my whole point, it doesn't work. If you mean while not using the bot, then I guess your game is broken or you're misunderstanding me or something. In legacy camera mode the direction your character is facing determines what you can cast on and it isn't tied to the camera at all like in standard mode. If you have "Automatically face target when using action" enabled under Character Configuration > UI Settings > Target while in legacy mode, you can move any direction, and the game will make your character instantly turn to face the enemy and fire an ability when you use it. It doesn't matter what direction you're running, the automatic facing from the in-game option doesn't stop you or slow you or change your camera or interfere with your movement in any way. If you want to be able to sidestep and backpedal so you can keep getting your autoattacks, you can just press a button to lock on. If you want to run directly away from the enemy in standard, you have to whip your camera sideways and start strafing, and if you use an ability while doing this you have to be both controlling and moving your camera while doing this otherwise either your camera snaps back to the enemy screwing up your movement, or you can get a weird problem where you start moving relative to where your camera would have been when you faced the enemy even though your camera didn't move. If you don't have the autoface option on, then you can't use an ability at all. If anything it's standard camera that's crap.

i think you are talking about Instant cast abilities..... maybe you are a bard... but this would not work as a BLM. your character would have to STOP to cast....
Yeah, Legacy is beautiful for BRD, but also other jobs have ranged attacks that can be used on the move, like BLM Scathe (or fire/thunder procs), SMN Ruin2 and things like Shield Lob/Tomahawk.
Can't bot have a toggle to mimic in game "Face target when using abilities"?
no the bot is not designed to work with legacy mode. and we had face target before in place and it caused tons of issues. the problem is. The bot with auto face target while trying to move WILL CAUSE YOU to STOP moving because it is wanting TO CAST the skill profile. Just because you have scathe that you can cast instantly the bot is still gonna try and do its rotation..... so you will move stop move stop move stop move stop because the bot is auto facing and trying to cast. it was in before was horrible so it was removed. It should never be put back in to place.
The main reason this works for other bots, and not minion is due mainly to the way actions are handled.

Most other bots handle actions by doing the equivalent of a keypress on the hotbar, so the client will use it's normal options to turn and face, etc. The extreme downside to this, is that they have no information as to whether the action is actually read most of the time, so, if SE were to decide to track players who are spamming their keys at an un-human rate of 15 times per second, they will be shut down pretty quickly.

Minion works at a lower level that gives us access to more information about the actions, and allows us to bypass the necessity to press the hotbar, and we can call the action only when the client has told us it is ready. The downside here is obviously that not all of the client's "turn to face" options work. The upside, is that it's much safer for the users.

There is much more to the "why" of it all, and a lot of it amounts to prioritizing time spent on providing features with the widest reach and benefits as far as things users can accomplish AFK.