Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
Some suggestions for the program
(08-24-2014, 10:32 AM)EonsTimE Wrote:  Some more comments:
12) with beta 1.5 anyone experiences game getting crashed after starting the bot? The only thing I might be doing different to other people is relogging to alt characters on the same account before launching the bot. The bot does not crash the game if the game was freshly started. But if I play for awhile and start bot, it crashes the game.

Personally I have not experienced this. My 4 clients have been running since the patch and no crash.

13) Anyone could post a snippet of code that handles execution of "OFF GCD" skills in Skill manager? I have feeling they don't get executed as fast as they could. I assume they get queued to be used after a non-GCD abilities? IT's just the feeling after observing some skill profiles in action, but maybe that code needs some tweaking.

I think that depends on how you setup the skill profile. You might want to check the condition you have for that skill.

14) Can LUA module windows remember their positions and size?

You can. You just have to code it.

15) Would be nice if there was a module for displaying messages on screen, like "Bot enabled" or "Filter1 disabled", "Bait level low", "Equipment damage <10%" either for few seconds or showing status of some things you are interested in one place.

Everyone interested in different stuff so the best way is just to code it yourself. I have one that display information I want. It is totally doable and you don't really need Lua experience to do it. I just started to learn Lua too.

16) When executing skills, does bot take advantage of 0.5s 'ability precast', where you can press to use ability 0.5s before GCD is ready and it will be executed when GCD is ready, or does the bot wait for GCD to be ready, and then decides what skill to use?

The bot check for if the ability is usable to decide use it or not. The stander pulse time is 150ms, that is not that much slower than the 500ms you want to pre cast.
it will only use off gcd skills if it wont interfere with an ON GCD skill thas about to be usable. If that makes sence. From skill animation
(08-24-2014, 11:54 AM)random73 Wrote:  You can. You just have to code it.
Everyone interested in different stuff so the best way is just to code it yourself. I have one that display information I want. It is totally doable and you don't really need Lua experience to do it. I just started to learn Lua too.

Thanks, I haven't thought of that. I thought only about having to reedit all the modules to my personal liking every time the official versions get replaced.
Would be nice if there was a single Git repo where you could add to the master copies and not everyone modding on their own.
I think that's to personal liking. My module changes daily depends on what I am doing. It is more a shortcut for tp to particular location. Also having all the info I care at the time. I highly doubt other would care what I have on my extra module especially it changes all the time. I have the file open in text editor and edit on the fly.

The problem with having the ability to change the master copy is it would cause dev's ability to maintain the main code. I don't think they want people to replace the main lua files. On the Git repo part, you can always start one of your own with your addon.
(08-18-2014, 12:00 AM)jackie1234 Wrote:  8) you can turn on auto face in game. But the reason the bot doesnt do it. is because you wouldnt be able to run away. the bot would keep trying to auto face the target and you wouldnt be able to move your character away from the target in assist mode.
Will this ever be fixed? It's definitely possible. Other bots have no problems facing targets or navigating in legacy camera mode.
(08-24-2014, 06:03 PM)Ichiba Wrote:  
(08-18-2014, 12:00 AM)jackie1234 Wrote:  8) you can turn on auto face in game. But the reason the bot doesnt do it. is because you wouldnt be able to run away. the bot would keep trying to auto face the target and you wouldnt be able to move your character away from the target in assist mode.
Will this ever be fixed? It's definitely possible. Other bots have no problems facing targets or navigating in legacy camera mode.

If they consider it a bug, I don't even think they consider it as one though.
(08-24-2014, 06:03 PM)Ichiba Wrote:  

its not a bug, the bot wants to attack but if you have auto face turned on you wont be able to turn and run away. you can back up or you can strafe but you wont be able to turn around and run away because the bot wants to auto face when it attacks. So they disabled auto face. I mean really is it that hard for you to face your target. I mean you are already playing assist mode that would seem to fall under movment which you control in assist mode.
(08-25-2014, 01:37 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  its not a bug, the bot wants to attack but if you have auto face turned on you wont be able to turn and run away. you can back up or you can strafe but you wont be able to turn around and run away because the bot wants to auto face when it attacks. So they disabled auto face. I mean really is it that hard for you to face your target. I mean you are already playing assist mode that would seem to fall under movment which you control in assist mode.
I'm talking about in legacy camera mode. In legacy camera mode, you can run any direction and still shoot without moving the camera, and other bots have no problem making you face the enemy to fire abilities in this camera mode without interrupting movement at all, but in this one it's not an option.

Just today I accidentally went mining without switching to standard camera mode, and it navigated just fine while on my chocobo, but after jumping off it did its typical buggy sideways running thing. Doesn't seem like it should be a huge deal to make it work both ways.
(08-26-2014, 05:48 AM)Ichiba Wrote:  
(08-25-2014, 01:37 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  its not a bug, the bot wants to attack but if you have auto face turned on you wont be able to turn and run away. you can back up or you can strafe but you wont be able to turn around and run away because the bot wants to auto face when it attacks. So they disabled auto face. I mean really is it that hard for you to face your target. I mean you are already playing assist mode that would seem to fall under movment which you control in assist mode.
I'm talking about in legacy camera mode. In legacy camera mode, you can run any direction and still shoot without moving the camera, and other bots have no problem making you face the enemy to fire abilities in this camera mode without interrupting movement at all, but in this one it's not an option.

Just today I accidentally went mining without switching to standard camera mode, and it navigated just fine while on my chocobo, but after jumping off it did its typical buggy sideways running thing. Doesn't seem like it should be a huge deal to make it work both ways.

If it's not a huge deal, they would have done it already. I wouldn't assume stuff are easy to program.
(08-26-2014, 05:48 AM)Ichiba Wrote:  

this isnt other bots. its simple dont use legacy camera mode... its crap anyways. If you want to use assist mode face your target. :) even in legacy camera mode you still have to "Face your Target" to shoot at it. You cant turn your characer's back to the target and shoot it. Yes it doesnt turn the camera but the overal function is the same. If the bot auto faced the target even in legacy mode. It would run stop run stop run stop because its turning yoru character to face the target to shoot at it.