Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Radar/Hunts Questions
First off curious how to use the radar and if you can filter it for only certain enemies. For Book grinding/Hunting Logs/Elite Marks etc. Also how does the hunt bot work I see it has a spot for B A S ranks but do I have to manually put him in the right zone. etc?
1. You can edit the Special ID if you know what you are doing.
2. Check my thread of quick Q&A in General forum
OK cool what about the hunts? Still waiting on the tutorial I assume?
Well Hunt mode in 1.5 is interest. I just went around a map dropped markers and how long I wanted to wait at each one and set a time for each map and its off and zooming around looking for them.

Its interesting in the way it works. Guess we will see how successful it is.
I really feel like they need an assist mode. So you can get into a party of hunters and then go to hunts when they are found. A lot of the time you cant get credit for a hunt without having a full party either way! Also why do I need to make my own markers? Shouldnt it be able to just roam the map on its own and search for the hunt IDs? And last but not least searching a random zone is really inefficient in comparison to going to the zone with the hunt window open. Having an assist mode so you can jump into a party and just port to zones that the party is searching would be ideal. not sure if that is possible or not but seems to make the most sense.
(09-06-2014, 09:08 PM)opengrip Wrote:  I really feel like they need an assist mode. So you can get into a party of hunters and then go to hunts when they are found. A lot of the time you cant get credit for a hunt without having a full party either way! Also why do I need to make my own markers? Shouldnt it be able to just roam the map on its own and search for the hunt IDs? And last but not least searching a random zone is really inefficient in comparison to going to the zone with the hunt window open. Having an assist mode so you can jump into a party and just port to zones that the party is searching would be ideal. not sure if that is possible or not but seems to make the most sense.

1, You can still see the radar with Assist mode.
2. The bot wouldn't know where it has been and how far it has scanned in terms of the mesh.
3. Not sure what you mean by Hunt window open.
(09-06-2014, 09:16 PM)random73 Wrote:  
(09-06-2014, 09:08 PM)opengrip Wrote:  I really feel like they need an assist mode. So you can get into a party of hunters and then go to hunts when they are found. A lot of the time you cant get credit for a hunt without having a full party either way! Also why do I need to make my own markers? Shouldnt it be able to just roam the map on its own and search for the hunt IDs? And last but not least searching a random zone is really inefficient in comparison to going to the zone with the hunt window open. Having an assist mode so you can jump into a party and just port to zones that the party is searching would be ideal. not sure if that is possible or not but seems to make the most sense.

1, You can still see the radar with Assist mode.
2. The bot wouldn't know where it has been and how far it has scanned in terms of the mesh.
3. Not sure what you mean by Hunt window open.

Hunt Window open means that the monster should be spawning. see http://ffxivhunt.com/famfrit for example

the markers give the bot direction. if its random it would go all over. This way it can say ok ive scanned this map no hunt mob lets move on to the next map.
Which is all good except typically there is only a few maps you need to be searching and sometimes just 1. If its only 1 map that could have an A pop i would want to keep scanning the same map over and over until the hunt pops up. If the bot could read info off of a site like http://ffxivhunt.com/famfrit for example it would always know which windows were open (possible spots for spawns) and what map to scan.
Will hunt markers be eventually included in the default bot?
1. They would have to figure out if they can even read info off the website first. It is not as easy as you think

2. The hunt marker is already in the default bot. It comes with 1.5