Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Bot stops while grinding?
So this is my situation:

In Coerthas I set up two grind markers right on top of each other, with long timers on each to farm fleece. It had been working great for several days up until when the server was having login problems. Now, what will happen is the bot will start off doing everything like it's supposed to, no issues. Great. Then after a little while it will go to a particular spot near a rock, which isn't even where the marker is set to, and just stop doing anything.

It will sit there at the rock for a really long time, with plenty of sheep in range to pull. If I move him away from the rock, he will still do nothing. Now what's weird is if i click on a nearby sheep to target it, the bot will summon his companion and start attacking right away, then go about like normal (until eventually returning to the rock some time later).

I don't get it. There's no error message or anything like that. What could possibly be causing the bot to stop targeting mobs on his own after a certain time has elapsed? And why would it just start out of the blue? I've gone through and checked every setting I can think of and nothing. :\
Why would you need two markers with really long timer ? Timer = 0 would work as in no timer.
I didn't know that. And you need two because single marker doesn't work right atm.

I don't think that's the problem though---like I said it was working fine for days, I've made no changes to my settings...

The problem is the bot stops targeting sheep automatically. If I manually target a sheep he will start working again. I can't always be here to do that though..
That's strange...

I am actually using single marker right now. The only thing weird was I had to reload the bot before it kicks into grind mode. Nevertheless, Ace said he will check it out later today.
Cool, I appreciate it.

Yeah, it could be something really dumb that I'm overlooking. I just dunno what is causing my character to stop targeting. All I have to do is click to target--he will start attacking on his own, and continue doing so for a while. Almost like there's a loop that he gets stuck in. I haven't been able to catch what happens right before he stops, if anything might be triggering it. The only thing I can tell from the chat log is that I didn't die, so it just happens randomly it would seem.
I have the same problem as you describe. It was fine until I patched the bot and then the same spot I had just been grinding 10 mins ago was stopping and It was exactly as you describe.

I reinstalled the client in a new folder to see if that was the issue and it still did it. I decided to move to another zone and test it at another location and still got the same results.

The time it takes to stop working is totally random going from 2 mins up to an hr or so.

No errors indicated in the log at all. I also noticed that my choco seemed to take longer to re-summon as well (up to 1.5 mins).
even though single marker mode doesnt work atm you can do marker list and put just 1 marker in the list, and put the timer to 0 to stay at it.
I have tried both and it still does the same thing. It's just really odd it's like it stops auto targeting.

Thank you for the response.
a lot of people seem to be having this problem.

Fortunately for me, I have not. But I know some people personally, and some in my FC that are having the issue, with the same settings that I use and it's fine.

Not sure what's going on.
Yea I don't either. I installed it again on my secondary hard drive to see if that will fix it but, will not be really testing it until this weekend. It also seems like the Choco takes forever to resumon.