Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PC specs to run multiple instances of bot
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, please feel free to delete or remove if needed!

I want to be able to play on my main and also run 4 instances of minion/ffxiv in the background doing dungeons, etc. I've been trying to get a build together and was thinking of something like (please bear with me, I'm still relatively new to pc building):

cpu: i7-4790k (was also thinking 5820k but that may be total overkill lol)
gpu: 780ti (is just the regular 780 ok instead?)
ram: 16gb (would this be enough or should I try for 32gb?)
monitor: 1440p (or possibly 1080p 144mhz, can't decide yet)

I'd like my main to be on max settings if possible and I could disable rendering on the 4 bots running in the background - or should I get a second monitor for that? I wanted to try to run on 1440p or 1080p w/ 144mhz - after some research, more screen real estate seems like it would be better choice for ffxiv instead of "smoother" 144mhz, I'm also worried about possible v-sync/tearing issues.

Would this build be ok, or should I aim higher, or is that overkill?
Should be totally fine with those specs, you maybe can even run 8 + main.

I've got a AMD 8320 8-core with 4,2 ghz, 16 GB Ram and an AMD Radeon 270x OC

ATM after some tricky tweaking I am able to run 8 bots plus my main on high and from the load i should be able to get 8-12 more bots working. So yeah you should be able to totally do that.
sorry for somewhat off topic question but would 3-3.5ghz and roughly 4-6g or ram be okay to run just ONE bot on high lol i currently have 2.3ghz (overclocked) and 8g ram and ffxiv wont run high and not lag terribly i just wanna know what i should be looking for in terms of specs when looking to buy a new pc (im currently using laptop btw i know they are bad at overheating)