Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.85 Average
Frontlines
Testing fixes atm, will be updated once tested one last round.
Fixes should be pushed now.
your the king of the world. thank you for allowing me to reside here.

(i will let you know if i run into anything, just woke up and going in for all the pvp goodness!)
was following the party part of the fix?
My toon isn't moving off from the start point. Did i miss sth?
(10-05-2014, 11:04 AM)wisdom3 Wrote:  was following the party part of the fix?

Definately not. Ace can you comment on this? Ie: is it being worked on?

Best i can tell everything works now as far as not getting stuck at the drop off as well as the requeing BUT if you get kicked which happens often courtesy of pretentious terds, it wont requeue.

Until thats fixed (the following and/or requeing after being kicked) i suggest everyone checks on it often, lest you find yourself kicking rocks.
i'm more worried for the fact
given possible reports each time of possible botting it may accrued enough to bring on a temp ban?
maybe bit of party-grind module action of following party could be added on to the frontline pvp module?
with possible randomizing which member to follow every few mins so it doesn't look obvious :S I don't know
(10-05-2014, 10:41 PM)klepp0906 Wrote:  
(10-05-2014, 11:04 AM)wisdom3 Wrote:  was following the party part of the fix?

Definately not. Ace can you comment on this? Ie: is it being worked on?

Best i can tell everything works now as far as not getting stuck at the drop off as well as the requeing BUT if you get kicked which happens often courtesy of pretentious terds, it wont requeue.

Until thats fixed (the following and/or requeing after being kicked) i suggest everyone checks on it often, lest you find yourself kicking rocks.

No, it doesn't follow party, maybe down the line, but no I'm not actively working on it. For the time being I have to turn my attention to other areas, but maybe in the future.

No way to fix this specific scenario where a player is kicked and locked out of queue for 30 minutes without more RE work by the devs, so I wouldn't count on this anytime soon. The best I could do currently is check how long it's been since last match and reset if it reaches a certain player-set time.
ah. thats disappointing. as THEE only way a bot can get tomes right now i cant see how this isnt one of the TOP priorities.

That said, i had no issue with being kicked until recently. now i get the same guys almost every queue and its all but pointless to even try. Spend more time standing around then doing pvp.

Any plans for a multi mode botbase? Where you can queue for pvp and if you were to get kicked it would go off and do something else? (not that their is really much to do)

I just hate coming back and having the bot doing nothing. If nothing else implement the thing you were talking about where it will requeue after xx amount of time. Atleast this way you wont potentially be kicked during the first match after turning your back and come back to nothing persay.

Anyhow, thank you for your work thus far Ace. Ive said it before and i'll say it again. I sure which i was capable...truly!

For now im gonna have to hope for non douche's. I listened to them have a conversation about "all he does is queue and troll" regarding my character lol. I actually feel bad for players who dont follow the group. WIth everyone else decide that if you dont follow them your trolling... just ugh. I see alot of legitimate players being kicked due to the "pros" lol.

anyhow, /rant off.

oh, and thank you for the reply - very appreciated! have an excellent sunday.

OH!

woulda forgot if i didnt get in another match just as i left lol...

The bot also doesnt defend itself when it gets attacked.. not sure if this is .. intended?

Let me explain. It was mounted and on its way somewhere... ran past a PC and instead of stopping to initiate combat it kept going. Not TOO alarming until the pc began beating on him.. he kept running and just got beaten on all the way to dead.

just figured id mention it in case it was something that was fix/changeable or whatnot. Even a checkbox to defend when attacked when on the way to a marker or whatever perhaps? to change the priority from the location to the defense. /shrug

(fwiw it looks like im gonna get to finish this one too! /knock on wood :P)

(p.s.s. i get the whole backlist of development priorities n all but we dont want to draw negative attention to the bot letting them run around like retards in frontlines. Having it follow the group is alot of work eh? Something as simple as the one for duties where you can select to follow the tank or w/e? Heck even an option that allows you to follow just one other player that it chooses based on spec or something?)

Please dont take my feedback as me being unappreciative or anything. I'm not a programmer so i dont know what this stuff entails and as long as we've been waiting for this its essentially brought me back to the game quite a bit. I will actually be sending you a donation when i get paid friday. Im one of those bums who lives check to check so your already boned for this week :P

Off i go!

hehe one more thing.

I was able to requeue after being kicked (right away)

I dont think you get a 30m lockout if your kicked. (most games dont as when your kicked its against your choice, you only get the lockout if you quit yourself)

SO

I think it doesnt requeue because it uses something such as the end of the match as the trigger which lets the bot know the match is over.

Figured i would throw that out there in the hopes that it would be fixable without having to put some static timer or w/e you were talking about.

Okay, i think thats everything :)
I'm now having the problem my my character gets stuck trying on the wood part while trying to leave the starting point and just stand (and if they do, they turn around and start running into the wall.) Which is weird because it was working perfectly for me the past two days until today. So now even if it re-queses I can't leave it alone anyway.

Anyone know whats up with this? I start from the Gridania/Serpent starting point.