Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.85 Average
Frontlines
i been doing power leveling for novos weapon for people and been getting 300-400 points in 24 hours. Its been working really really good.
When it's a 24man PVP, you shouldn't go to Temple or Markets :3 because there is no flag, obv.

We could need:
- "don't chase"-option, or "only chase for 30yalm, then come back."
- Stay inside flag range, even when "afk-move" is on

And what does "avoidance" do?
careful guys. until something is added to make it handle current frontlines strategy properly - the purists are on the rampage. ive been botting without so much as a tell since ffxiv launch and have now been banned :(

the last few tells in my chat log are "whats wrong with him" and someone else "hes an afk botter"

based on my prior experience the ban is highly unliikely to have happened via any kind of detection. It was pure player reports which ive always heard they take seriously.

Since this has only even been possible a few days they apparently act quick.

Im upset but not too miffed. Worst part is the new job coming really soon. I have other accounts I havent even fired up yet, but after all the work that went into this one over the years now... certainly sucks. Fortunately due to this bot ill be able to get back to a near degree within a few months i reckon. Maybe slightly longer.

Anyways, do yourself a favor and dont use this unsupervised. I know telling you not to use it at all is pointless, and supervising does little when it runs off like rambo which is apparently really frowned upon in frontlines. It does give you one benefit which is replying to people who accuse you of botting. All i can say is you know the risk and losing a main account stings a bit more than a backup or alt account lol.

One idea....other games which shall go nameless, have a feature in place to speak every xxx amount of time and emote via xxx amount of time to combat this to some degree. Not sure if its something which can be created via lua module? You can program different phrases and emotes to go off every xxx amount of time which if you flesh out with a dozen or so choices can do a pretty good job of getting some people off your back under the assumption your a player.

Anyhow, ive carried on too much. Good luck and be careful. If it can happen to me it can happen to anyone.

P.S. Ace - please try to get in that solution for requeueing after being kicked as soon as possible. Apart from the obvious time is money sort of mentality, i noticed when you are kicked, the bot still thinks its in frontlines persay. It will continue running and I had often glanced at my screen to see it running into a wall or side of a fence perpetually for god knows how long which is an obvious give away. I know starting from scratch is going to compel me to try and bot more frequently than I did in the past which to me means every little bit is gonna help lol. If i didnt know better id say being banned has made me paranoid now :(

Anyways, If the requeuing portion takes a substantial amount of work - perhaps a way to atleast stop it from moving after the kick when it re emerges in its original zone?

Good luck folks. Off i go!

(10-13-2014, 06:40 AM)Leon Wrote:  When it's a 24man PVP, you shouldn't go to Temple or Markets :3 because there is no flag, obv.

We could need:
- "don't chase"-option, or "only chase for 30yalm, then come back."
- Stay inside flag range, even when "afk-move" is on

And what does "avoidance" do?

I think avoidance is for ae directional attacks. could be wrong though.

(10-12-2014, 12:14 PM)jackie1234 Wrote:  my guy gets out of flames just fine.

same - i have no problem with flames. restart the game and bot if its giving you trouble. it somehow becomes unsynced at random or after a length of time.
Ugh, sucks to hear. Hope you catch up soon again.

I downloaded the new NavMesh and it's fine now. But yeah, currently standing in your OP forever defending is the best call you can do right now.
Better than playing one-man-army suiciding into 30 enemies or running around solo.
I have a problem and do not know if it's just me. When I get on the frontline the minion dont active anti - afk mode .
Quote:careful guys. until something is added to make it handle current frontlines strategy properly - the purists are on the rampage. ive been botting without so much as a tell since ffxiv launch and have now been banned :(

the last few tells in my chat log are "whats wrong with him" and someone else "hes an afk botter"

based on my prior experience the ban is highly unliikely to have happened via any kind of detection. It was pure player reports which ive always heard they take seriously.

Since this has only even been possible a few days they apparently act quick.

Experienced the same but have not been banned, I was checking it for 3-4 hours and people are catching on. I made a post here also.

http://www.mmominion.com/Thread-Frontlin...ers?page=5

We definitely need to change it so it doesn't look so much like a bot. People who are saying they are running it for days are not checking the chat log...
I have had the same experience as Jinsuko and klepp0906 when it comes to getting kicked for botting (so far have not been banned). Common complaints when I'm paired with the same people include:
1) running off to the same markers each game in the same order, especially when the team is elsewhere
2) fighting 10 vs 1 due to #1
3) chasing an enemy forever

I think a possible fix for tank/dps bots would be the following algorithm (perhaps added as Frontline mode):
1) ensure stay within X range of healer (randomly chosen if multiple healers, default to party leader if no healer)
2) iff #1 true, fight anything that comes within X range of healer, else return to healer / step 1

Potential problem with this algorithm (assuming it's possible to code it) I see are:
1) enemy ranged DPS attacking you from outside the X range of healer. I think to solve this making X larger than DPS attack range may help
2) the healer you are following is a bot... not sure how to fix this one. perhaps set it so you can't be healer in frontlines (which seems fair, I think healer is the most obvious class when it is being botted)

Not perfect, I think however it's still a big step up from current state behavior.
i just started using this today, because i was told it now works, but unless there is a hidden navmesh i'm not aware of it does not, i'm in malestrom and it only runs to one of the jump off points and then just stands there , it does do anti afk, but i get kicked anyways from people, anyway to fix this?
you have to load the navmesh for frontlines.
Just a word of warning to people thinking of using the PVP mode as a melee job/class (I think I mentioned this in another thread): not to use PVP at all.

As a melee, it will try to target cloaked ninjas and follow them non-stop all the way, right on top of them, which is an extremely obvious tell that you're botting. Even though they can't see your name by normal means, you're bound to get reported for it anyway. I've only been able to mitigate this critical flaw by using a ranged DPS class such as BRD/BLM. (as you know, it is impossible to detect cloaked ninjas on the enemy team by normal game means)

As it is right now it requires monitoring, which defeats the purpose of a "bot". It's too bad because the fixes would be easy ones for those with coding knowledge. Interesting thing is I've seen a bot (not ffxivminion) that was far more sophisticated in frontlines and it would do emotes after a certain amount of time chasing you (I know it was a bot since I got him semi-stuck following me robotically around a pillar of rock), after which it would stop chasing you and run away.