Thread Rating:
  • 54 Vote(s) - 3.26 Average
[Module] Specific Hunting V 1.993+Mount Select +Chocobo Companion
(12-23-2013, 11:33 PM)blazernt Wrote:  Just gave 1.99 a try. Mount worked perfectly the first time. After it ran a FATE, it wouldn't mount up again.

On a side note, I tried the mount selector derived from your module, it didn't work either.

Any kind of logs I could drag out that might be helpful in figuring out what the issue is?

Are you running ANY other modules/add-on's/Anything else at all?

Also when you say it wouldn't mount up again do you mean it ran back on foot or it standing around and doing nothing?

(12-23-2013, 07:37 PM)cziter Wrote:  How about keystroke injection? Maybe this way summoning will work? I mean to use hotbars ;)

the problem with this type of solution is it will be undependable first second will most likely require the game to be in focus and dependability/probability of it causing issues.
Same with that issue it stops were it is after going and finishing one fate and then just sits there after it.
(12-24-2013, 09:48 AM)saperzaper Wrote:  Same with that issue it stops were it is after going and finishing one fate and then just sits there after it.

do you happen to have a companion out? this will cause bot to just sit there until gets fixed
If the bot is sitting there after a fate and not mounting or moving at all then that is unrelated to my module.

It is more then probable that one of the following is the issue.
1. you have rest in fate on
2. you do not have a evacuation point set on/for that mesh.
3. the bot is resting

if any of the above is true the bot will not mount it will wait until another fate has popped that meets it criteria.

AND BEFORE you start with but there is another fate popped already you need to know the following.

1. the bot will sit there if it cannot find a path to the fate(mesh issue)
2. the bot will sit there if the fates listed aren't in the level range specified.
3. the bot will sit there if no fate exits which has not been blacklisted.

there maybe more conditions under which the bot will simply stand around these are simply the common ones.

for all of you that are having issues with the bot I would just like to let you know that my younger 12 year old brother also play's ffxiv and bots, and that he has only ever asked me one question "can you pay for it?"

this bot is extremely intuitive, and simple on top of which the documentation is more then you get is 95% of other products.

Stop being lazy if something doesn't work, read!, know the setting for the bot, look over all possible avenues of why something isn't working. Not well I have XYZ module that must be the issue.

As far as the mount code in my module IT CANNOT CAUSE YOUR BOT TO NOT MOUNT AND STAND AROUND DOING NOTHING.

Not mounting ( maybe ), not moving ( HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY MODULE ). THERE are NO movement overrides or modifications to the movement of the bot in my module it cannot make the bot stand around and not mount.
(12-24-2013, 01:05 PM)wildicedemon Wrote:  If the bot is sitting there after a fate and not mounting or moving at all then that is unrelated to my module.

It is more then probable that one of the following is the issue.
1. you have rest in fate on
2. you do not have a evacuation point set on/for that mesh.
3. the bot is resting

if any of the above is true the bot will not mount it will wait until another fate has popped that meets it criteria.

AND BEFORE you start with but there is another fate popped already you need to know the following.

1. the bot will sit there if it cannot find a path to the fate(mesh issue)
2. the bot will sit there if the fates listed aren't in the level range specified.
3. the bot will sit there if no fate exits which has not been blacklisted.

there maybe more conditions under which the bot will simply stand around these are simply the common ones.

for all of you that are having issues with the bot I would just like to let you know that my younger 12 year old brother also play's ffxiv and bots, and that he has only ever asked me one question "can you pay for it?"

this bot is extremely intuitive, and simple on top of which the documentation is more then you get is 95% of other products.

Stop being lazy if something doesn't work, read!, know the setting for the bot, look over all possible avenues of why something isn't working. Not well I have XYZ module that must be the issue.

As far as the mount code in my module IT CANNOT CAUSE YOUR BOT TO NOT MOUNT AND STAND AROUND DOING NOTHING.

Not mounting ( maybe ), not moving ( HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY MODULE ). THERE are NO movement overrides or modifications to the movement of the bot in my module it cannot make the bot stand around and not mount.

Ill test this in minute for you and let you know how it works. 1.98 worked flawless until 2.1 so im sure 1.99 works just as well.
Tried with current modules and gone back to a stock install. Same end result. Bot just stands around. This ONLY happens when I have your or Fatals derived module installed. It's something with the altered mount hook. With one of the two modules installed, it will not summon the default mount even if I leave the modules at defaults.

I've tested multiple times on my end. I'll get the bot running, mounts fine, hits fates, returns to evac. THEN place your module in, and reload. Bot no longer mounts on its own and simply stands around after fates.

I can move the character and the bot won't attempt to grab control. If I summon a mount, the bot will immediately grab control and head to the next fate or back to evac.

The only difference between the two of us, that I know of, is that I have the legacy chicken. Mayhap they've decided to screw with an offset for old characters?

The default Console shows no errors so I'm asking again, is there an output somewhere that I could provide you with?
(12-24-2013, 07:49 PM)blazernt Wrote:  Tried with current modules and gone back to a stock install. Same end result. Bot just stands around. This ONLY happens when I have your or Fatals derived module installed. It's something with the altered mount hook. With one of the two modules installed, it will not summon the default mount even if I leave the modules at defaults.

I've tested multiple times on my end. I'll get the bot running, mounts fine, hits fates, returns to evac. THEN place your module in, and reload. Bot no longer mounts on its own and simply stands around after fates.

I can move the character and the bot won't attempt to grab control. If I summon a mount, the bot will immediately grab control and head to the next fate or back to evac.

The only difference between the two of us, that I know of, is that I have the legacy chicken. Mayhap they've decided to screw with an offset for old characters?

The default Console shows no errors so I'm asking again, is there an output somewhere that I could provide you with?

Same here, Tried again as well. I only have this issue when the mod is enabled for some reason.
(12-24-2013, 08:44 PM)saperzaper Wrote:  
(12-24-2013, 07:49 PM)blazernt Wrote:  Tried with current modules and gone back to a stock install. Same end result. Bot just stands around. This ONLY happens when I have your or Fatals derived module installed. It's something with the altered mount hook. With one of the two modules installed, it will not summon the default mount even if I leave the modules at defaults.

Same here, Tried again as well. I only have this issue when the mod is enabled for some reason.

one of you that is having this issue get on to the live chat thing and i'll see if we can figure it out.
I'll be in the chat for a bit.
Just gave Summon Companion a try since you were curious. It works. Didn't put my chicken in the selected stance, nor did it dismiss the chicken for me. >>