Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
crashes a lot while zoning
id work on your math also.
(05-03-2016, 08:36 AM)sebbs Wrote:  id work on your math also.

Isn't the higher number better? >.>
(05-03-2016, 02:21 AM)Dajjan Wrote:  
(04-10-2016, 08:47 AM)Moogle Wrote:  
(04-10-2016, 03:22 AM)u9w30y Wrote:  
(04-10-2016, 02:35 AM)Mcdougall Wrote:  
(04-10-2016, 12:04 AM)u9w30y Wrote:  I don't know if this matters - but I did a clean install of Windows with, at the time - latest and greatest drivers from ATI

I will poke around my ATI settings to see what I can disable

Mcdougall - what are you running for your GPU?

Radeon R9 200

I'm rocking R9-280 myself. Commonality located.

That's interesting mine is the XFX R9 270 925MHz 2GB DDR5 DP HDMI 2XDVI Graphics Card R9270ACNFC to be exact I'm still not sure why it would be eating up ram like that though

This is exactly what I'm using on one of my slave computers and I'm having the same issue(s). You said you fixed it.. how?? What settings can I change, this is driving me nuts.

Hey check this thread out

http://www.mmominion.com/thread-16360.html

Post in there let me know if it works for you or not.
Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news. Reinstalling without VulkanRT and Gaming Center helped, but the issue is still present.

I'm not opposed to shipping the Dev team an AMD graphics card if they want to use it to try and recreate the issue or for testing.
Just botted for about 20 minutes and had a total crash.

Game stopped at about 1.2 GB ram, and kept climbing with the screen frozen. Up to about 1.35 when I killed the task. I could hear sounds in the background still, but wasn't able to get a teleport off.

I restarted the game client. I'm now at 1.25 and slowly slowly climbing after about an hour of botting
Hiya, I'm really not sure if 1.4gb of memory is the magic number. Last night, I kept the task manager open, just for fun, on my computer that has 32gb of ram. Almost the entire night, I ran that thing on assist mode and I was constantly at 1.6gb+ just for ffxiv with an average usage of 13% for the whole rig. Never had a single issue with loading the navmesh, or even crashes. I don't mean it isn't the issue, because I don't know too much about this specific program's coding, but I just wanted to make sure that more information was presented to help you guy's troubleshoot. I can do it again tonight and provide you pictures if you want, to help with your investigation.

To clarify, I was running smoothly at 1.6gb+ of memory usage last night, for several hours, on assist mode. This is a really powerful rig, so I don't know if makes a difference, but i definitely didn't see any interruptions past 1.4gb. Maybe we're possibly looking in the wrong place?
(05-06-2016, 05:56 PM)Dajjan Wrote:  Hiya, I'm really not sure if 1.4gb of memory is the magic number. Last night, I kept the task manager open, just for fun, on my computer that has 32gb of ram. Almost the entire night, I ran that thing on assist mode and I was constantly at 1.6gb+ just for ffxiv with an average usage of 13% for the whole rig. Never had a single issue with loading the navmesh, or even crashes. I don't mean it isn't the issue, because I don't know too much about this specific program's coding, but I just wanted to make sure that more information was presented to help you guy's troubleshoot. I can do it again tonight and provide you pictures if you want, to help with your investigation.

To clarify, I was running smoothly at 1.6gb+ of memory usage last night, for several hours, on assist mode. This is a really powerful rig, so I don't know if makes a difference, but i definitely didn't see any interruptions past 1.4gb. Maybe we're possibly looking in the wrong place?

I don't think ffxiv will allocate you 1.6gb memory. I am curious to see your FPS when you take that screenshot of your task manager. You can check fps by going to systemconfiguration in the ffxiv menu.
(05-07-2016, 04:59 AM)Moogle Wrote:  
(05-06-2016, 05:56 PM)Dajjan Wrote:  Hiya, I'm really not sure if 1.4gb of memory is the magic number. Last night, I kept the task manager open, just for fun, on my computer that has 32gb of ram. Almost the entire night, I ran that thing on assist mode and I was constantly at 1.6gb+ just for ffxiv with an average usage of 13% for the whole rig. Never had a single issue with loading the navmesh, or even crashes. I don't mean it isn't the issue, because I don't know too much about this specific program's coding, but I just wanted to make sure that more information was presented to help you guy's troubleshoot. I can do it again tonight and provide you pictures if you want, to help with your investigation.

I don't think ffxiv will allocate you 1.6gb memory. I am curious to see your FPS when you take that screenshot of your task manager. You can check fps by going to systemconfiguration in the ffxiv menu.

I'll try to grab you guys a screenshot, I did notice some stuttering, but nothing crazy. I was still around 86 fps. I'll get a full screenshot of both, see if i can help with the troubleshooting.
(05-07-2016, 03:49 PM)fxfire Wrote:  ffxiv.exe runs in 32bit, aka it has only 2GB of memory available (in theory more but winstupid doesnt let it). Out of some unknown reasons, it usually blows up for me once it goes somewhere around 1400-1600mb in memory and the zone is switched / teleports to a different zone.
when this happens, and the bot tries to allocate any "larger" array in memory, I saw here in my debug builds that it threw an exception, it was unable to allocate enough memory, resulting in all stuff going slowly bug surely south....

I am looking at it , trying to fix it

Thanks bro, I was at Disney all weekend, so i was unable to recreate it, but I'm wishing you the best of luck in your research. Excited to get this thing up and running for hours at a time! :)