Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Request WHM DNG-RAID PROFILE
(11-13-2013, 05:54 PM)OogieBoogie Wrote:  Because most of the time party members run out of range for protect before I can cast it. I like to manually do it so I make sure everyone gets it. And no, stoneskin is not a waste to cast in combat, it's actually a very good asset to well geared tanks and some of the best healers keep stoneskin up during important fights.

For instance, the Tonberry King in Wanderer's Palace. He gets a buff each time a tonberry add dies. This can stack for as many tonberries die and can easily hit 5 stacks. Each stack will do 1000 damage to your tank. If your tank has 4,500 HP, he can't take a 5 stack hit but sometimes it's just inevitable. So stoneskin (as a WHM) can protect the bearer up to 18% of their health. 4,500 x .18 = 810 so 4,500 + 810 = 5310, your tank can now take a 5 stack hit without dying.

Stoneskin certainly has its uses in specific fights and much moreso end game.

Protect I always disable in profiles for the reason you stated plus ive had someone die and catch a res, or have it drop during fight and the bot will just skip heals and start casting protect lol.