Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Frontlines Mesh - Complete Mesh w/ Markers
(11-12-2014, 08:32 PM)9874126 Wrote:  
(11-01-2014, 06:13 PM)Ace Wrote:  I've said before, I cannot babysit every single facet of the bot for you guys. Copy the mesh, rename it, make your changes, and use it as the frontlines default. Customizing meshes is a very simple process which there are guides for. You aren't locked into using this mesh for Frontlines, it's just the default.

Understandable. The thing is that the bot is at fault, not the mesh. It cannot be fixed, or rather it can be band-aided. I tried for a few days to make a working mesh for maelstrom, but no matter what it will get stuck on the edge at the entrance 5% of the time. I did use the guides, tried many different variations and tweeking + perfecting meshes but the problem always remains the same.
Although you can't "babysit", the least you could do is provide us an ETA on when a fix is incoming. It doesn't make sense for us to pay monthly on a broken bot that we're forced to fix ourself, now is it? :^)

This is always such an odd complaint to me. It's the equivalent of buying Microsoft Office, and then blaming Microsoft that everything you write in Word comes out sounding like gibberish. Meshes are a user tool and all that needs to be done to fix it is a properly placed off mesh connection. If, after all is said and done, you still have some 5% problem, well that's just the way it goes sometimes. If you participate in 95 games out of 100, that's still 95 more games than the 0 you would've taken place in without the bot.

I do not intend on doing anything else for Frontlines anytime soon. There is really nothing in it for me. Personally, I ranked up from 40-45 in Wolves Den in less than 24 hours. Frontlines is not botter friendly. Never was, probably never will be. I know that some people prefer it and have to use it since they are very private and/or don't have 4 bots or any friends on the server, etc.

It's also sort of interesting that you would like to take advantage of people offering donations for simply modifying something I created while at the same time insinuating that you're owed something more than you're currently receiving. Maybe I should pre-fund all of my future user requests and new modes and updated abilities with user donations before I release them in the future also?

I think because of my Developer tag, everybody is under a false assumption that I'm some sort of equity partner in minion, when in fact I'm just a user like you guys with a fancy tag for my countless contributions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frontlines Mesh - (Immortal Flames) - by Ace - 09-03-2014, 01:53 PM
RE: Frontlines Mesh - (Immortal Flames) - by Ace - 09-17-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: Frontlines Mesh - Complete Mesh w/ Markers - by Ace - 11-12-2014, 10:30 PM